Dell

720 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Prescreening Interview Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details It was a basic behavioural interview. Only asked me about my resume.
Still waiting for the response

Business Analysis Senior Advisor Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Multiple telephonic interviews
One Case round testing data interpretation skills

Negotiation Details – Initially declined as pay was not upto expectation, but they were quite keen to get me on board. After some negotiation, they offered a 15% increment, which I took up. Also considering the fact that they have a lot of emplyee benefits like taking care of rental agent fees and also rental deposit

Operations Specialist Interview

Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview process is fairly fundamental and effective as long as the applicant listens closely to the questions and follows the instructions. The key is to answer questions using real past experience. They are not trick questions, they are simply set up so the applicant can share historical facts instead of tomorrow's theory.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had multiple high priority deadlines approaching and you realized you could not make them all nor make everyone happy. What did you do? How did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Casablanca (Morocco)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details First contact by mail then 2 phone interviews then onboarding. Everything went perfectly smoothly. Great experience. Got an answer quickly.

Interview Question – Nothing especial, everything went just fine.   Answer Question

Information Architect/User Experience Interview

Round Rock, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

Interview Details I started with two phone interviews: one with HR, and another with a senior manager. Afterward I was called in to interview with three different senior managers at the same time in a panel style interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to review a short work requisite, given thirty minutes alone to craft a solution, then needed to present this solution in presentation format to the managers afterward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called and offered a salary, followed up by a formal letter.

Senior Client Associate Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview Details It's very good and transparent. It includes HR round, Technical Round, Manager Round.

Interview Question – You might have to sell a product to the regional manager.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

Interview Question – Can't think of one. current trends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Software Engineer Interview

Banga (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dell in December 2013.

Interview Details Written test, followed by 3 technical rounds, 1 hr round. Written test was online, questions were from operating systems, software engineering, networks, computer architecture, aptitude. In technical rounds questions were to test your basic understanding of computer subjects, coding questions were asked.

Interview Question – a question based on assembly language code   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer - PHP Interview

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details 1. Initial HR Interview
2. Technical Phone Interview with team

HR was not responsible. When i asked about the result of the interview. She said they are interviewing other candidates and asked me to proceed with other job opportunities.

They interviewed for DELL services, enterprise rent a car project. The code base seem to be procedural and the team is scattered around US and the Job had weekly rotation call support.

Interview Question – Basic PHP, SQL, Object Oriented programming questions. Like what is expansion for PHP. What is abstract class. What is a class and what is a object. Difference between PHP Version 3,4 and 5. Singleton?Different Joins in SQL.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Cork (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details First round interview - friendly and nothing too technical
Second round - same but tougher questions

Interview Question – When you gone above and beyond for a team. Simple question but mind went blank   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 720 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.