Dell

Updated Aug 25, 2014
810 interviews

2.9

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2013.

Applied by sending my resume to HR. They called 4 days later and did a phone screening. Then I went to the company and had an interview with the people I would work with, really smooth interview talking about my experience and why joining the company. They asked me if I was willing to travel to the office (because I live far away) and what where the most important things I learnt in my previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a pivot table in Excel and explain the report, not very difficult   Answer Question

Financial Analysis Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

The hiring process is very professional despite some small internal coordination problems. Three to four interviews before hiring including one phone interview . Interviews are the most important step in the selection process. Usual questions are asked, and quick responses whiting 48 hours.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Completed the Dell online employee form
    Contacted by Talent Acquisition team and reviewed resume; high level summary of role and I agreed it was a fit.
    Phone screened with 2 current Technical Account Managers. Asked technical questions regarding my experience with:
    - Storage - Isci and FC and the benefits of each
    - Server - Models I've worked with, current Dell servers or IBM/HP that I've wok
    - Networking knowledge - light stuff like ICMP, SNMP, IP
    - Presentation skills
    - Leadership roles
    - Sales ability

Lasts about 30 minutes. Pass and you're recommended to TAM Manager interview.

I was light in my presentation and went blank on server models I've worked with. Know the job description and apply your background to it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't very difficult, I just drew a blank when they asked me about my past server experience. It's not a hands-on role so I was not prepared. I did not know the model of servers I worked with because there were so many and I didn't think it would matter. Also, my past experience had no public speaking involvement. I never presented to C levels, only other technical people.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Campus Placement
    - There was first an aptitude test
    - then there was a Technical Interview
    - managerial round was much more of how you your thought process work
    - HR round is the most simple

Interview Questions
    • not much... there were normal questions of BCNF, SQL, Asp.Net   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Friendly guys interviewed me asked pretty basic networking questions TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalling and linux commands for basic stuff such as ARP cache or tcpdump. Overall great climate in the interview lots of background questions and easy technical. Salary range 25-30 Uk pounds. interview outcome was late though. Took 3 weeks.

Order Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Manager are eager to hire, and always in a rush because the company is on a "on going job hiring freeze". Once HR release and allow job openings, these are only available for a week or less. Managers have very little time to interview and/or hire, and if that does not happened ASAP, manager just cant. Most of they will do competency questions and will as for your star examples, be prepare.

Interview Questions
    • As they are all competency questions, they are all difficult and expected. just be prepare   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was easy, I asked for double what I really wanted, and I got what I was looking after from the beginning. I was lucky. Not a norm.

Software Development Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

Hiring Process was very good. It have been hired in a walkin process. I have been given a call from a consultancy Perot System
    But they have taken a lot of time to give an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I have been hired on AS400 profile. Unexpected question asked which include the position of Column A and Column B in COBOL 400   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

There was an online application process with the option to upload a resume. The interview was done in person on my campus. It was a very routine interview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to go outside your job description to perform a task?   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Initial round was screening with basic networking questions. Then another round of phone interview (very technical). Also stressed on my past experience and university projects. Overall, was a great experience and also never expected them to get back within 2 days

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!