Dell

Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.9

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2014.

It took a month for initial contact since I submitted my resume and my first interview was arranged. I was interviewed by sales people, not by HR. I was asked about my motivation and whether I think I will be able to perform in this position. Didn't need to know products. The second interview a week later was a role play scenario. Nothing tricky, just a normal working situation - calling back a client who made a request and collecting the scope from him. Only sales people were present. All the people I met were nice, it paid to be yourself and to be enthusiastic about technology.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions, something I didn't expect - what would make your time working for us horrible?   Answer Question

Human Resources Ops Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in September 2014.

I submitted my resume through an internal contact, and I was called within a week to arrange a time for an in person, one on one interview at the office in Frenchs Forest (so no phone interview screening). They emailed me all the details I required in advance - address, map, phone numbers, name of the interviewer, how to enter the office.

I arrived on the arranged day and time and was greeted by the interviewer. He had a generic question and answer sheet, but thankfully did not use it other than to jot down notes in the relevant sections - the first question I was able to read on the page was, 'Why do you want to work for Dell?'.

He was an experienced interviewer; and asked more general questions pertaining to my previous experience, knowledge of the role and the company, which gave me more freedom to answer questions without being stilted. Given that I am a recent graduate, he focused more on how my previous experience could relate to required competencies of the offered position, as opposed to the actual technical skills required. Having worked in the position being offered, he had comprehensive knowledge about the job and was able to answer and succinctly explain all the details I required.

A few days after the interview, he called to say they were not continuing with my application, having other candidates with more relevant experience as one reason, also saying that the manager who was offshore would most likely not be able to provide the hand holding I would have required (basically, I was under-qualified for this role). He provided feedback, which was also greatly appreciated.

In terms of culture, Dell in Australia is not considered a 'corporate' culture firm in which everyone wears a suit to work every day. I was overdressed in a black blazer, button down and a skirt - but it does help to make a 'professional' impression. Being a MNC, the interviewer did also say that the position would mean collaborating with people across the Asia-Pacific and Japan region, including India, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia - so time differences would affect how early or late you would start and finish.

Interview Questions
    • Given your previous experience, what skills have you picked up that are most relevant to this job?
      While on exchange overseas, what difficulties did you face while dealing with the local culture?

View Answer

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

There were 3 people and recruiter at a table, I was called same day they said if hired I would not stay. So asically for the salry they wanted to offer the comany did not expect me to stay and it was a contract [position.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

go straightly apply online and go through standard procedure and steps to submit the application package, the first round of interview is more about personal background check, nothing much technical

Interview Questions
    • the biggest difficulty you might come up with when working for the firm   Answer Question

Average Interview Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Nothing much. Standard process. HR round followed by 2-3 technical rounds. Smooth. Great HR. Perhaps this is one of the good things. Nothing much. Standard process. HR round followed by 2-3 technical rounds. Smooth. Great HR. Perhaps this is one of the good things. Nothing much. Standard process. HR round followed by 2-3 technical rounds. Smooth. Great HR. Perhaps this is one of the good things.

Consumer Sales Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell.

First process is through staff management if you pass them then second is through Dell managers who ask a round of questions who qualify you for the posititon tha needs to be filled

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you what could this company benefit by including you as a memeber of our team   Answer Question
    very pleasant

Tech Support Interview

I had to go through 3rd party hiring company. Looked promising until the hours of availability were discussed. I wasn't available freely for the time commitment. Questions weren't difficult

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

The interview process took several weeks including phone and on-site interviews with general and executive level team members. The interviews were discussed more as discussions and not at all "tricky". I felt very comfortable and was prepared to speak to my strengths and previous success.

Interview Questions
    • What excites you most about the position and what do you think would be stretch for you?   Answer Question
    Management was very easy to negotiate with and when they could not meet expectations, offered similar compensating options.

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

1 in-person interview with 2 sales managers. Very relaxed process and it lasted about 10 minutes. We went over my resume and elaborated on previous work experience etc

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example when you solved a customer problem. How did you handle things if the customer was irate?   Answer Question
    • Why should dell hire you?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst for DFS Interview

I got the interview through my Universities Job board. I submitted my resume and had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two people and was asked basic behavioral questions. About a week later I was informed I had made the cut for the 2nd and final interview. For the second interview they invited all the candidates to the dell campus where we learned more about dell and the campus. At the end of the day I had two interviews 15min interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unusual or technical questions and it was a completely behavioral/leadership based question.   Answer Question