Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Associate Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Associate Engineer I

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The interview process started after I submitted my resume with with a 45-minute phone interview, then an in-person interview at an off-site location. Interviews were mostly informal and conversational. The interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in me.

Interview Question – What is your experience dealing with non-engineering customers?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We will share your feedback with our Recruiting leaders and appreciate the time you took share your thoughts. Congratulations on your offer ... More

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment Process.
3 rounds.
Round 1- Written test. This round had 3 sections. Aptitude, English and Technical. Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking.
Round 2- Technical Interview. Questions asked depend mostly on what you write in your resume.
Round 3- HR Interview. General HR questions, the interviewers are very observant.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Test Associate Engineer Interview

Test Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details I applied through college

Interview details- Three rounds of process

1.Online Test
2.Technical interview
3.HR interview

Online test consisted of 60 questions
-30 questions from quantitative and verbal
-30 questions from technical

General aptitude section was of average difficulty. Technical section had questions from C,C++,Java,Computer networks,microprocessors

If you have practiced general aptitude questions,then the test will be easy.

Interview questions- They mainly asked me about my projects,Questions on computer networks, software testing.

Interview Question – I was asked to write a code for number of cars and bikes entering the college.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2012.

Interview Details Chaotic and highly unprofessional (that was in Geneva, Switzerland). Two managers being not consensual, laughing on inappropriate occasions, talking (too loud) behind ones back. I did not feel taken serious, and the manager who invited me was already fired, which I've found out later, once I worked there.

Interview Question – Do you mind to work for another manager than the one who invited you here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be sure you get an official, binding job description, or you end up doing everybodies work

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Business Analyst Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in September 2010.

Interview Details The initial round was a screening process and it was through telephone and later there were quite a few rounds including 3 face time interview's from the manager & senior manager,

Interview Question – How would I handle a team member conflict?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Round Rock, TX (US)

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Question – The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details Through consultancy, we were first trained through the consultancy and the dell recruited few student and we directly moved to projects. The entire process was of around 2 months.

GSD TAM Services Senior Manager Interview

GSD TAM Services Senior Manager

I applied through another source and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details You must prepare for this interview. Though the first round is basic. Such questions as how many people have you managed. The how many within Dell. Problem solving is a part of this interview. You will be asked to submit at lease two problems and how you would solve them. People conflicts within your team and solving them. Management conflicts and solving them.

Interview Question – What do I see as somthing that lacks value in my current position?   View Answer

Applications Management Senior Analyst Interview

Applications Management Senior Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was detailed more focusing towards the roles and responsibilities to be understood clearly. The intention is towards analyzing the candidate capabilities to work according to the requirement of the job functionality.

Interview Question – Regarding the technical jargon based dealing with expertise and knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was asked for 50% hike, but considering my skills and expertise knowledge on the concepts and commitment towards work, I was offered with 100% hike.

Web Content Editor Interview

Web Content Editor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview was somewhat stiff and brief; definitely corporatey feel to it. Remote dialed in participants didn't participate, just listened, which was odd to me but that's probably just part of their HR protocol. Overall though, nice people, straightforward process.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions, nothing very challenging.   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!