Dell

2.9

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2014.

It took a month for initial contact since I submitted my resume and my first interview was arranged. I was interviewed by sales people, not by HR. I was asked about my motivation and whether I think I will be able to perform in this position. Didn't need to know products. The second interview a week later was a role play scenario. Nothing tricky, just a normal working situation - calling back a client who made a request and collecting the scope from him. Only sales people were present. All the people I met were nice, it paid to be yourself and to be enthusiastic about technology.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions, something I didn't expect - what would make your time working for us horrible?   Answer Question

Human Resources Ops Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in September 2014.

I submitted my resume through an internal contact, and I was called within a week to arrange a time for an in person, one on one interview at the office in Frenchs Forest (so no phone interview screening). They emailed me all the details I required in advance - address, map, phone numbers, name of the interviewer, how to enter the office.

I arrived on the arranged day and time and was greeted by the interviewer. He had a generic question and answer sheet, but thankfully did not use it other than to jot down notes in the relevant sections - the first question I was able to read on the page was, 'Why do you want to work for Dell?'.

He was an experienced interviewer; and asked more general questions pertaining to my previous experience, knowledge of the role and the company, which gave me more freedom to answer questions without being stilted. Given that I am a recent graduate, he focused more on how my previous experience could relate to required competencies of the offered position, as opposed to the actual technical skills required. Having worked in the position being offered, he had comprehensive knowledge about the job and was able to answer and succinctly explain all the details I required.

A few days after the interview, he called to say they were not continuing with my application, having other candidates with more relevant experience as one reason, also saying that the manager who was offshore would most likely not be able to provide the hand holding I would have required (basically, I was under-qualified for this role). He provided feedback, which was also greatly appreciated.

In terms of culture, Dell in Australia is not considered a 'corporate' culture firm in which everyone wears a suit to work every day. I was overdressed in a black blazer, button down and a skirt - but it does help to make a 'professional' impression. Being a MNC, the interviewer did also say that the position would mean collaborating with people across the Asia-Pacific and Japan region, including India, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia - so time differences would affect how early or late you would start and finish.

Interview Questions
    • Given your previous experience, what skills have you picked up that are most relevant to this job?
      While on exchange overseas, what difficulties did you face while dealing with the local culture?

View Answer

Senior Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

From initial conversations to offer, Dell recruiting handled the entire process that went very smoothly. I had three rounds of calls with eight people total. All interviewers were concise and asked pointed questions. They were very interested in what I had done in previous roles. From interviews to decision, the process went quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

i went through 3 subsuquent interview after one written test.i was quite smooth and well. HR and Managers are just Awsm and well behavioed people.they felt me very comfort.they are very humble

Interview Questions
    • Some basic programming, swapping .Operating system,Logical question   View Answer

Configuration Services Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

Applied for the job on Dell's website and received a phone call later that morning from the hiring manager. He asked if I could come in that afternoon for an informal interview to tour Dell and to see the day to day workings of the position. After the tour a formal interview was scheduled for the following day. Overall a great experience and very polite and professional group of people.

Interview Questions
    • What does RAID stand for and what does it do? Also was asked to install several parts into a desktop, laptop and server in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Global Sales Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

First round interview through campus recruiting, great experience. Very mellow, first round is with a professional recruiter then later rounds would be with other employees. Overall, I felt like it was not very difficult but was only a 1st round and a super friendly person. Know your resume, do some research about the company and you should be fine! I think fit is key, try to be friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why Dell? What attracted you to this positio? Walk me through your resume... pretty standard.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

It was pretty relaxed. It was a phone interview where I was asked stuff written on my resume. The interviewer inquired about the projects I have done and all. I was asked if I was interested in Dell and their internship openings.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

Applied through career fair and got the interview immediately after talking with the recruiter. The interview is held next day in a hotel and I went there to talk with just the same recruiter on career fair. Even though he has already known almost everything on the resume, he went on asking deeper. I didn't do well on one of them, I think it might be the reason why I didn't get the offer.

Applications Management Analyst L2 Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

After application on Dell Job board was excited that after Morgan Stanley this was supposed my second big Break Through. Recruiter Contacted me and scheduled a time for telephonic talk. After she was satisfied She setup an interview with onsite Lead Analyst. He was really good and experienced he asked me each and every details and i answered it at a point he was 99% satisfied.

Then he asked me about what i want and why Dell ? and i answered.

Then i was told that i will give my feedback to my manager and may be he or some one else from my team will take your interview if they are further interested.

My interview was on Friday and Monday was president day so i mailed her Tuesday ...asking if she have feedback for me ? Didn't received her response on 3rd day too. I guess she was not provided feedback from Nashville. I called off all other interviews with a hope of getting this job where i can do something.

All i want is they be clear . If YES then say yes if NO then say no and if she didn't got feedback then at least say that. As a professional I have also taken interview and sometimes i also waited for week and after taking interview i give feedback selecting the best person. Its totally fine and acceptable but Giving NO RESPONSE makes a negative thought of loosing hope of getting that Job.

Plus i never blame any company employees as they take interview they are doing their job and duty. If they rejects me then also i will accept it as my fault or somewhere i might be lacking . I will groom my self with required technical skills , Improve my self and then will appear for interview for some other company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have ITIL certification ?   View Answer
    • Are you ready to work on Weekends ? as we have lot weekend activities.   View Answer
    • I was asked basic unix & oracle commands.   View Answer

Manager of Quality Leads Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Panel interview with 3 Managers. Questions were about past experiences and how to handle managing up and dealing with consent change. Each interview at Dell is different than the last, as there is no set structure in place that the interview team must follow.

Interview Questions
    • Experiences on how to handles different direct report issues.   Answer Question