Deloitte

Deloitte AERS Advisory Summer Internship Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

AERS Advisory Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I attended a series of information sessions hosted by Deloitte at my college campus. Through these sessions, I engaged in probably half of a dozen one hour plus conversations that allowed me to develop an understanding of the company's different services, company culture, and expectations for undergraduate interns. Everyone I met was genuinely friendly and eager to share their experiences with the company.

When applying to the internship online, I leveraged some of the information I learned about the company by referencing employees I had spoken with. About a week after submitting the application, I received an invitation to attend first-round interview which took place at my campus career center.

After walking into the career center I could immediately tell that this was a highly streamline process. There were about fifteen students in the lobby interviewing for various internship positions within Deloitte during my one hour session. The interview process consisted of two half-hour interviews with Deloitte employees in the Advisory and Enterprise Risk Services department that I applied to. The questions were mostly behavioral and overall the interview felt very informal.

My first interviewer I had met at a prior info session and carried out the interview like a casual conversation: getting to know me, my past experiences, and why I wanted to work at Deloitte in their specific department. The second interviewer explained in detail what he did at Deloitte and then asked me to explain the reasoning behind some of the processes he mentioned. He asked a few other questions to see how I approached unfamiliar questions and I walked him through my thought process as I came to a conclusion. I expected to be asked to explain the relationship between the main financial statements but that wasn't covered. Overall, the interviews seemed very relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions
  • What is your preferred method of communication? i.e. e-mail, in person, via telephone, etc. If you were working at Deloitte on a project for company XYZ, and one of the employees of XYZ had a piece of data that you needed to complete your project, how would you go about contacting him? If that employee had not responded to your e-mail, voice message, or other efforts how would you go about getting the information?   View Answer