Deloitte

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details I received a phone interview by partner. It was about half an hour. I was asked about my resume and some behavior questions. About 1 month later, I was asked for the office visit. 1 partner and 2 managers interviewed me. I got a chance to have lunch with some current employees as well.

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details it is pretty standard campus recruting just like anywhere else. you start by submitting resume for review, then go participating in all campus recruting events organized by Deloitte. hone your resume. after that you will get picked for interview. prepared for interview, perform well, and you are going to get an offer.

Interview Question – what is the most difficult situation you have ever experienced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for college new hires

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Interviews are almost all behavioral, you will most likely do 2 or 3 with senior ranking members of the Audit team. Also, if you have greeters or facilitators between meetings, those people will also be evaluating you so be on your best behavior.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult person who didn't pull their weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Initial communications: Reached out by the head campus recruiter and scheduled for two campus interviews, each one 15-30 minutes.
Planning: I was told this was mainly going to be a behavioral interview therefore I mainly planned by thoroughly reviewing my own resume and being prepared with the "STAR" method to respond to behavioral interview questions.
Number of Interviews: 4 total (2 first round on campus, 2 second round in the city)
Perception of the people: Motivated, lot of pride in their firm being better than other Big 4 firms

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Why do you want to go into Audit versus Deloitte's other offerings (Tax, FAS, ERS, etc.)?"   View Answer

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details There is an interview or phone interview on campus. This is more of a get to know you interview. If you are qualified (minimum GPA of 3.2) and impress the recruiter with your resume you will receive a second interview if there is room in the city you are applying to. The second/office interview will be more behavioral questions (i.e. what would you do if you were in this situation...). There will not be anything too surprising or any case studies. You will meet with a manager or above for each of these interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard - nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Interview Details Applied through school, received offer for LLC, then from that offer for internship, did a good job there and was offered a position full time. Interviews are all behavioral and really lad back.

Interview Question – "You lead this interview, ask me what you want to know? Ok, what else? what else? (For 30 minutes)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - all 1st years are offered the same starting salary.

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details Initial interview was on campus, final interviews were in the office. All interviews were very laid back and conversational. They do not expect you to have the skills and knowledge to perform your job, they'll teach you that. They just want to see that you're personable and can communicate with team members and clients.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details Online application, online assessment and then group interview, partner innterview

Interview Question – Some challenging questions on previous failures.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – For further study

Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details 2 interviews: HHRR (skills and personality test+ interview) and with an audit manager.

Interview Question – All questions where expected   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details Looks for communication, grooming & career plans

Interview Question – Nothing of that sort   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No nego. as it was thru campus

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!