Deloitte

Updated 9 Jun 2014

2.8

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

On-Campus behavior based interview with two partners. One from audit and one from tax. The interview took a total of one hour. I was asked primarily questions on based on my resume. A week later I was asked to visit the office in Chicago. I was put in the W hotel on Deloitte's expense. The visit was very relaxed and consisted of HR presentations and two interviews with senior management. At least one of them was an auditor from Andrew Anderson and was very sensitive to anything related to Enron. Most of the questions asked were related to why am I interested in auditing and why Deloitte.

Interview Questions
  • To me the most difficult question was: "How do your peers know that you are putting effort in what you are doing?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview consisted of three interviews. A interview with a partner was the first round and an interview with a partner and a manager was the second.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

1. Campus career fair - Spoke with one of the audit managers for some time. I applied online through the campus career center as requested and was accepted for an on-campus interview.

2. Pre-Interview Social - Deloitte invited all candidates to a social before the on-campus interviews. We all sat at tables with a Deloitte employee sitting at each table. It was a great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the company. It was a very relaxed evening.

3. On-Campus Interview - This was 30 minutes. I interviewed with an audit manager. Some behavorial questions, but the rest was mostly open for me to ask questions. After this I was accepted for the office visit. It took about a week to get that.

4. Pre-Office Visit Dinner - The night before the office visit there was a dinner at a nice restaurant. Only Deloitte staff and seniors were present (no partners). I felt very comfortable asking anything. This dinner went for about 2 hours.

5. Office Visit - The visit went for about 5 hours. There was an hour for breakfast and a general presentation given by one of the partners. The we went for two back-to-back interviews. One was with a manager and another with a partner. They were both basically me asking questions. They had a couple questions based on my resume, but only a couple. I lead both interviews by asking them questions and having conversation. Then we did an office tour given by some of the staff. After that we went to lunch with the staff that gave us the tours. Again, it was another nice restaurant. I sat with 2 staff and another candidate. The candidate was intent on controlling most of the conversation--it was really forced. I relaxed and interjected where it seemed to be appropriate (went for quality no quantity). After lunch, it was back to the office for another interview with a manager. Again, this was mostly me asking questions. Then we were dismissed.

6. Follow-Up - I received a phone call the same day a couple hours after the office visit. The partner I interviewed with called me and offered me the job.

My Observations...

There are many misconceptions about the Big 4. The staff are the best people to clear this up. Everyone at Deloitte is seriously motivated and proud of what they do and who they work for. They are company people and put clients first. Everyone was very nice and aimiable.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. The offer was more than competitive.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Had a phone interview with two people from HR. Mostly behavioral questions with one or two questions geared towards the industry as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the biggest challenge you see facing professional services firms such as Deloitte today and in the near future?"   View Answer
    Called the next day with an offer and I accepted within a week. No negotiation of pay.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Standard online testing - practice tests at assessment day are useful
    Online Etray - pretty much all information can be found on online forums; key is to be prepared as time is tight particularly for the second one
    Final interview - the next stage is the final interview with a manager at the interview you have chosen. This is a competency based interview. I found the interview to be very rigid and there was no friendly chat. The manager did not seem to have read my notes before and did not know what I was applying for and that I had travelled from a different country. However, this may not reflect all interviewers.

Audit Intern Interview

After a phone screen with a local recruiter, I was schedule an in-house interview. The interview lasted for an hours: 2 half an hour session with a director and partner. It was very relaxed and conversational. Know the decision in 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • What is one priority that you manage to make time to successfully achieve?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

phone interview for first round. very fit.

Interview Questions

found better fir with other firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

First round interview:

They did not have much of a presence at my school as the other Big 4 firms did. They shared a waiting room with PwC, which had 4-5 greeters and Deloitte had none.

My interviewer was extremely nice and made it pretty casual. It was extremely behavioral. The behavioral questions were set up into 4 different categories which were to show your leadership skills, communication skills, and two other skills that I can't recall. There was nothing extremely tough. Very situational, "tell me about a time..." The interviewer also took brief notes about each of my answers.

Supposed to hear back within 1-2 weeks about second rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenge you have overcome while working on a group project   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

1st round on campus was relatively easy, they flew a manager down from SF to LA and so the interview was really easy. The 2nd round in SF was with one manger and one partner. Both were pretty conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were trying to achieve something and you faced something that got in the way of getting it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Campus recruiting and presentation, Deloitte leadership conference at DU, first round interviews on campus and second round interviews in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had trouble portraying a message to someone and how did you handle the conflict?   Answer Question