Deloitte

Average Difficulty
243 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details The whole hiring procedure took around 1.5 months. 2 rounds of technical - one telephonic, one F2F, 1 Managerial, 1 Senior Managerial, 1 Communication Test.

The recruiter was very much cooperative and used to respond to all the mails and calls immediately.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such, just stick to your basics and your communication skills should be excellent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me more than I expected

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details There were two rounds namely Case Study and HR. Case Study and Presentation round included group discussion on a SDLC(software development life cycle) case. The HR interview went pretty well. They mainly focused on testing leadership qualities,conviction and confidence. The interviewers were very friendly and co-operative and that helped in breaking the ice. The interview contained some bits of technical stuff though not too technical or complex

Interview Question – Give us 3 reasons for why we shouldn't employ you ?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details their hiring process include 3 rounds:
1.Aptitute: it is fairly easy to crack. AMCAT conducts this round.
2. Case Study: tis rounds has 2 parts. First is GD about the given case and 2nd is presentation of that case.
3.Interview: this may be technical or HR round

Interview Question – case study has simple business problem but in interview many question are common HR question. Your profile should be technical but not very technical.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
what is the primary thing about oo languages?
how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
what is a relational database?
What is the steps in SDLC?
What are JOIN?
What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Campus Recruiting-
two rounds on campus: one fit and one technology case. each was half an hour.
next round was in their office. one 45 minute long interview with a partner.
The whole process was two weeks

Interview Question – The case   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for campus hires

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details On campus placement. First an aptitude test.
After that there was group discussion round and presentation followed by personal interview.
A case study was given in the group study and later had to present the case in a group.Then some students were shortlisted for personal interview round

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details There was a initial screening process in my college which involved MCQ's on math and verbal, then the short listed students were called for case study, it involved a general business case and each one was told to summarize the case at the end and then there was a final PI and HR round which involved general HR questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Deloitte.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Interview Details Case study in a group with all members giving their own opinion. Three people selected from each panel. In total there were four panels. Six people were selected in total

Interview Question – Business related case study   View Answer

Delhi (India)

Interview Details The hiring phase normally consists of 3 rounds.
First round, is an online aptitude test conducted by Aspring Minds group. This is very easy and does not require much preparation apart from general mathematics concepts.
Second round, is a Group Case study in which you are given a technology related business case study and you have to present the solution for it, as a group. Working together in a group is very important and Confidence is the key to get through. Also, study the software development cycle to get through this.
Third round, is a HR interview which normally lasts for about 15-20 minutes. It basically involves question on your resume. Again, the key is to stay confident and answer fluently. They are basically judging your communication skills here.

Interview Question – No technical questions are asked. But your eagerness to join the company is of great value, and your attitude will be judged by your answers to the simple HR questions normally asked everywhere.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details The process was amazing. I went through campus recruiting, and now as an analyst on the other side can confirm that all school follow this process. About a week before the first interview, I received confirmation that I was chosen. The night before there was a meet and greet with recent alumni and the partners who would be administering the interviews (a bit nerve wracking). The interview process was the best part. On Monday, there were two 45 minute interviews, one case and one behavioral. The case was a bit difficult since I had a business background and the case was an SDLC case. Not quantitative at all. The behavioral was very relaxed. On Monday evening, I received a call for a second round which was to be conducted the next day. It was amazing not having to wait two weeks for the next round. The second round consists of one hour long joint behavioral and case interview. Again SDLC case with no calculations, just talk through the issues. About 10 days later, offers were distributed, it was great.

Interview Question – Personally, the most difficult part was the case studies since I was coming from a business background and they were all SDLC cases. To prepare, use the mock interviews Deloitte provides and just study the SDLC.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Given 30 days to decide.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!