Deloitte

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

299 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through university. Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral was really straight forward, while case was a little more difficult. After the interviews, I got called about a few hours later. Next had a networking night with an open bar tab, before going to regional office for final case interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Information session, case study workshop, first round interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study), networking dinner, second round interview (30 minute case study). Overall, a great process run by a friendly group of Deloitte employees. I felt very welcomed and interviewers seemed to be thoroughly interested in me.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interview. Given mentor to help prepare for interview beforehand. Examples can also be found on their website. Process split into two days. First day, basic behavioral interview, and then one case interview where they give you a scenario and ask you questions on how you approach them using different steps of SDLC cycle. Contacted that evening about whether passed to move on to second interview next day, which is another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for given situation analytic model/solution.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Hiring process was pretty easy-- 1 case and 1 behavioral interview the first day and 1 case interview the second day. Everyone at Deloitte is super friendly which made the process easy.

No negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process was smooth. Mostly ,questions were around core java and j2ee frameworks. If you are strong in basics and comfortable with few frameworks that would be enough. May be need to write code if required.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

In the first round interview, it had one case interview that followed by an behavioral interview. The behavioral questions are not too hard. The interviewer basically put you in different situations of teamwork and see how you react in those situations. The case interview was hard for me because I don't have much experience of requirement gathering and change management.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interviews over 2 days. 2 interviews (1 behavioral & 1 case) on 1st day. 1 case interview with partner the 2nd day. The whole interview process was very laid back and the interviewers were friendly. Some questions seemed unrelated/irrelevant but it was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with the growing presence of technology in your life and prevent it from taking over?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Really fast. First round is 30 min case interview and 30 min behavior interview. Second round ,which is also the final round, is in the next day. Interviewers are nice.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

It was a one day process. My interview was scheduled at 11 a.m. When I reached the venue I observed that a huge crowd had turned up. Looking at the list which the security personnel had, I can guess they called around 1500+ people.
    The higher management was taking a session for all those who were waiting for their slots in the conference hall, which was good actually. They were very interactive and professional. I was called up for the interview at around 12:30 along with all those who were in my slot. We waited in one of the floors after submitting our CVs.
    My interview started at 2:30, the first round was very very easy. Simple basic questions that even a fresher can answer, went on for 15 mins. Came back to the waiting room and waited for the next round.
    The next round started at 4:30 and it also went on for maximum 10 mins or so. Same questions as the first round.
    The other 2 rounds were a bit quick, which includes the managerial round and a Versant test. The final round took place at 7 p.m. which was just a formality.

In all the entire day was tiring, also the questions asked were just not up to the standards. It was more like "I am here to select you, so lets get this over with" than "This is an important position in a big organization, let see who capable you are"

After getting selected, the salary offered was way beyond expectation, just like a service bases company, due to which I had to reject the offer

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult Question : Why do you want to switch?
      All other questions were just basic. No where related to technical competency. As they were hiring in bulk I suppose they wanted the process to end quickly.
        Answer Question

Salary offered was way below the market standards. When I got the mail regarding compensation, I was like "Supposedly World's No.1 Organization and this is the salary Rofl"
    HR was not ready to negotiate as well.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I went through my university's campus recruiting process. Once I was told I was accepted to interview, they held an evening event the day before the interview to explain the case study process. It was incredibly helpful and I got a chance to network even before the whole process began. I highly recommend going if possible. The first interview was a 30 min behavioral followed by a 30 min case study. My interviewer and I got very off topic in the behavioral so we didn't get to many of the questions.
    The case was much more difficult than what we had practiced, which may be because I have a very math/finance heavy background with little operations knowledge. It was based around how to best integrate an ERP system to a company looking to become more efficient across its 30 offices. My interviewer was very serious and gave me zero signs of how I was doing -don't let that throw you, some interviewers like to do the "bad cop" style-.
    I got called back to a second interview the next day which was another 30 min case study. This time is was more focused on systems development life cycle.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question in the behavioral interview was to talk about a challenge I'd had in working with a team, and how I dealt with a difficult personality to reach an agreement.   Answer Question
    Set salary, no negotiation