Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Straight forward behavioral questions in the first round. Sometimes it may turn technical depending on who is interviewing you. Second round was more technical with a manager in the specific department you may be working in. The questions were based on technologies that you would use and how you would handle specific scenarios.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied via the school careers service. Got a call from the HR after about 2 weeks wanting to schedule a telephonic technical interview with the Hiring Manager. Had a 30-35 minute call with the manager and he asked me questions related to my resume and experience. After about 2 weeks received another mail saying that they would like to schedule a in person interview. The in person interview had 3 rounds, behavioral, technical and case study. The interview were easy but the only thing needed is a thorough knowledge about your resume, the position, company and you should be able to relate your experience with the requirements for the position. The case study was similar to the one provided on their website however the important thing there is to engage in a conversation with the manager and not just answer what is being asked. Overall the interviewers were really great and they made me feel comfortable. Got an offer 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you act in an ethical crisis situation(You know what you are doing is against the rules but still it is for the good of others)?Give example?   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Great post and tips related to engaging in conversation with the interviewer during the case study. In conducting case studies, we want to understand how you'd approach a problem and talking that ... More

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Standard interview process. First round was with two Senior Consultants where both behavioral and technical questions were asked. Got a call a week later inviting me for a dinner. Great experience meeting all other candidates as well as some consultants and partners. The following day consisted of 2 back to back interviews, one with a partner and the other with a Senior Manager. These interviews were more behavioral based and felt like they wanted to see my character more so my technical expertise.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

half an hour behavioral questions and half an hour case interview. The interviewers are nice and professional. The case interview really need more preparation.Go to their website and really get to know the example and what is SDLC. The behavioral is quite standard and just like normal conversation,going though the experience. Just make sure there is interaction during the process.

Interview Questions

• Standard going over resume and the case study is really similar to the case example they offered online.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was chaotic, the HR person seemed unprepared for the candidate evaluation, as she underlined repeatedly that she has to look at her handbook to check how to fill in the forms.

Interview Questions

• Q:Why did you apply for the Business Analysts position ?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA (US)).

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter

Technical phone screening, I was 2 years of experience less then what they were looking for, I showed "eagerness" over the conversation that they invited me to an in person interview.

In Person 3 Rounds:

1st: HR (unfortunately) my HR was someone who didn't care about the interview, he talked down a lot and wasn't interested in striking a conversation.

2nd round: Talked about previous projects, SDLC, and anything on your resume

3rd Round: Consulting: They want to see what steps you took in order to come up with a solution, make sure you name risks at the end, also talk about stakeholders and ask questions. This interviewer was also not very inviting.

They have a beautiful workplace, and I met a lot of friendly people on the location, but 2 of my 3 interviewers seemed like they'd rather be at a happy hour somewhere in Clarendon.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

2 rounds back to back on consecutive days. First rounds was a 30 min behavior and a 30 min case interview. Behavior was dead easy, case interview was abit challenging for me since it was my first case interview. The case was about healthcare issues and the digitization of medical data. I guess you could go about with standard SDLC approach. I thought I bombed my first round but apparently I made through. Second round was a 45 min case interview. This time it was about some financial firm trying to synchronizing different data bases, was asked about implementation. Again, I used the SDLC approach and I thought it was all right.

Interview Questions

• What are the implementation strategies for this process...   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services network of my University.
    Given a Buddy Program to help prepare me for interview.
    Deloitte representative gave me a mock interview.
    30 minute case/30 minute behavioral
    2nd interview the next day
    Offer within 2 weeks

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round: 45 minute face to face interview with senior managers. There will be a discussion about your background, technology and what you want to achieve at their company.
    Second round: If you are successful at the first stage interview, you will be invited back for dinner with directors and partners.
    Third and Fourth round of interviews with a director and a partner to determine whether you'd fit the dynamic of their company environment.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Deloitte? 2. Why this service line? and many behavioral and mini technical case questions.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Applied though campus recruiting. I did a phone interview for thirty minutes and behavioral interview at company site for one hour. The phone interview was very interesting and interactive. The recruiter was very nice and very interested in my background.