Deloitte

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

265 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

First Round: the first round included a behavioral and case interview. The behavioral interview while seemingly less important than the case is what they make final hiring decisions on. Now that I work with recruiting, the hiring managers/partners often comment they they "couldn't put them on a client" or that "they would hate sitting next to them on an airplane." The business case is easy if you follow the technology cases online.

Second Round: The recruiter tells you that this is just going to be a case interview, but when you get into the room usually the Partner (who makes the final decision) asks you a couple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • I think the hardest questions was around custom building or buying a package technology for Customer Management (CRM). The answer is that managing customer information is not really a novel problem and therefore it makes sense to use a package technology.   Answer Question
No negotiation really. They have a set figure and it doesn't move.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Applied Through College.
    First Round : Online Test [Logical , Verbal and Aptitude] conducted by Amcat.
    Only shortlisted students went to the next round which was conducted after two days.
    Second Round : Group Discussion
    Third Round : HR Interview.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

The entire procedure took two days.
    First round was online aptitude test(quant, LR, Verbal)
    After short listing of the candidates there was group discussion/presentation round(gd was based on a case study provided,the same was given as presentation)
    Final round was HR interview-basis HR question were asked and some details CV

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

“In the technical interview, there were a lot of tricky questions. Some of the questions that I didn't know the answer the interviewer said: "Really? Don't you know that?". After the interview I was like not sure of the decision. one question was like Give me a number what you expect for salary (at the first round of interviews)”

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was "Describe a scenario where you had to convince someone 1-on-1 and how did you do it and what was the outcome"”   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

It was a campus recruitment and there were over 250 applicants.

Firstly we had a written round conducted by AMCAT where there were mainly questions from Aptitude & Reasoning, Verbal Ability , Einstein problems etc. It was a 1 hour exam, the only problem was that once you answered a question you can't go back , so keep that in mind while answering. Practice a few basic einstein problems , and the APTI part can be easily done if you have solve R.S.Aggarwal & Indiabix

We were given an hour long presentation about which was really interesting and useful for me in the next rounds.

After that the results were announced and around 35% people where shorlisted for the 2nd round which was a CASE study round where we were given a scenario where we had to think like Deloittians and give the solution to a problem. It can be a problem related for creation of a software or about the introduction of a new product in the market. Total of 40 mins were given in which the last 15 mins was for paper presentation, we had to prepare a chart about what we discussed & answering the set of questions given to us. (TIP : Kindly be vocal and voice your opinions in the discussion, Don't be just an observer)

Around 60% made it to the next round which was P.I. (Technical+HR) , The questions ranged from personal questions like Tell Me about Yourself, Walk me through your C.V. , a few Projects related questions to technical questions like Tell me about all the sorting and searching techniques with their complexities, Which is the best Sorting technique, About a few queries implemented in the project, the programming languages you like to doing a few basic coding etc. (TIP: Be very passionate about the answers that You give & Show your energy & excitement about joining one of the top 4 consultancy firms in the world)

In the end around 20 people were shortlisted & I was very excited to find my name in that list.
    All the best and keep your cool, you will be a Deloittian too :)

Interview Questions
    • Which is the best Sorting technique and explain it.
      Project related question.
      What would you do if you get a better offer in terms of money.
        Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

4 rounds -> 2 technical . 1 Versant English 1. HR round . Mine technical rounds were clubbed and I got through them easily . Were asking most of Core Java Questions

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

5 rounds - 1st and 2nd includes detailed technical questions and past experience and project details 3rd round - English versant test , 4th round- Managerial round which evaluates your attitude and logic and other managerial questions and final 5th round - is HR round.

Interview Questions
    HR did not negotiated as they have pre-defined salaries based on the band . But, it stil depends on person to person , as I personally fill I am not good at negotiating.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campus, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

First round was a online MCQ based adaptive written round testing your aptitude and language skills followed by a case study group discussion and presentation on the same and then the final HR interview.

Interview Questions
    The company doesn't offer much but the growth opportunities are immense. Good luck!

Campus Recruit.

Met company reps on campus and got identified - it's helpful to meet as many people as you can and show up to all campus events. Showed interest in technology and consulting by showing participation in student groups.

Interview Questions
    • Case Interview questions can sometimes be a little tough   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Stage 1: Written Test AMCAT type. 1:30 hrs duration.
    Stage 2: Group Discussion on a business case study. Time was 20 mins.
    Stage 3: Panel Interview. They interviewed me for almost an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Written test was moderate comprising of questions from QA, LR and verbal.

GD was difficult.

Interview was the toughest. Lasted for 45 mins and I was asked technical questions from C,C++,Jaba, Python, Networks, DBMS, Software Engineering, UML and my extra curriculars.

They asked details about my projects and my contribution

And some logical questions. How do you divide a cake into 8 equal pieces with 3 cuts?

Why Deloitte?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!