Deloitte

Average Difficulty
248 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details The whole hiring procedure took around 1.5 months. 2 rounds of technical - one telephonic, one F2F, 1 Managerial, 1 Senior Managerial, 1 Communication Test.

The recruiter was very much cooperative and used to respond to all the mails and calls immediately.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such, just stick to your basics and your communication skills should be excellent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me more than I expected

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details On campus selection process. 1st round aptitude- Logical reasoning and english mainly(dont remember if there was a quant section), 2nd round GD, then interview(discussion about projects and general HR questions)

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details On campus placement. First an aptitude test.
After that there was group discussion round and presentation followed by personal interview.
A case study was given in the group study and later had to present the case in a group.Then some students were shortlisted for personal interview round

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details First, an HR called me for an initial screening asking me about past internships and experiences. After that they set me up for a first round of interviews with two different managers; one is being case interview and the other is behavioral interview. Passing these, I was invited to the office for the final round interview with a partner in the company. I was greeted by a current Business Technology Analyst who was really friendly and helpful about the questions I have and helped me relax.

Interview was about 45 minutes and the interviewer was quite helpful throughout the case.

Interview Question – How can you handle data migration for a client? What are the methods ?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Online Application, and email correspondence to set up an interview time. The interview was with two employees. The questions were fairly typical behavioral questions, with a heavy focus on the details of the resume.

Interview Question – Explain the project life cycle.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Campus Interview. The process was basically divided into 3 parts. First, there was a shortlisting based on an aptitude test . The second round was a GD. Topic was a very general market sizing based survey . After the GD was a normal HR round where they basically examined as to whether you're a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – coming from a mechanical/automobile background why do you want to venture into coding?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Multiple interviews- less rigorous than finance interviews. There were four to five 30 minute interviews that were a mix of technical and fit questions. Be well prepared since you could be asked anything about the relevant position and how that relates to your background.

Interview Question – Some technical questions   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details There were two rounds namely Case Study and HR. Case Study and Presentation round included group discussion on a SDLC(software development life cycle) case. The HR interview went pretty well. They mainly focused on testing leadership qualities,conviction and confidence. The interviewers were very friendly and co-operative and that helped in breaking the ice. The interview contained some bits of technical stuff though not too technical or complex

Interview Question – Give us 3 reasons for why we shouldn't employ you ?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
what is the primary thing about oo languages?
how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
what is a relational database?
What is the steps in SDLC?
What are JOIN?
What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details their hiring process include 3 rounds:
1.Aptitute: it is fairly easy to crack. AMCAT conducts this round.
2. Case Study: tis rounds has 2 parts. First is GD about the given case and 2nd is presentation of that case.
3.Interview: this may be technical or HR round

Interview Question – case study has simple business problem but in interview many question are common HR question. Your profile should be technical but not very technical.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!