Deloitte

Updated 13 Feb 2015
Updated 13 Feb 2015

3.2

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Hr Interview --> Senior manager interview

They tried to low-ball you with immediate starting project. They don't recognise my previous consulting experience. They want me to start immediately where I still have notice period with my employer at that time. A bit dodgy recruitment process.

In the following weeks, I keep approaching with the HR but no response. Finally I found out that they didn't provide the reject letter till their new hire got on board. Very bad communication from HR.

Interview Questions
  • When can you start to kick off the project?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Rigorous process, 4 interviews and 1 case study interview.
    - 1st interview: interview with a manager, CV based questions
    - 2nd interview: case study. I was given a case about a company with declining profitability. The task is to recommend how to increase the profitability (no right/ wrong answers here, they are assessing how you structure the problems, ask questions, and answer in a logical manner)
    - 3rd interview: partner interview, behavioral interview
    - 4th interview: lead partner interview, mainly behavioral

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer straightaway as I was happy with the pay (at that time)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Wasn't one

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Went to the Spring Insight programme last year and fasttracked to the interview. Did online tests and e-tray for the Spring Insight programme. The interview was a structured case combined with competency test. The structured case was about a media company. Deloitte changed their interview process this year and the questions were quite extraordinary.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I was initially skeptical as this was for their Federal TS&A sector and my background is not technical. After exchanging a few emails with the recruiter and getting a few things straight I had a quick 20 min phone chat with him that night. We talked about my current duties, past jobs, etc. We also talked about salary expectation. This exact number was repeated back to me later in the process, so be shrewd. I have heard of people who were dropped at this point for giving to high a number, but I am not sure that is true. Either way, give it some thought. I wish I had stalled and thought a number through better, but I still am getting a great offer.

Step 2 was hearing from an internal recruiter who set up a technical interview with a senior manager. This was about a 30 minute talk and was more a "fit" interview than anything revolving around a hard skills test.

Step 3 was a in-person 3 round interview. Case Study with a senior manager, another "fit" interview with a partner and then another technical interview with a different senior manager.

Advice: Don't worry trying to shoe horn yourself into this job. It really felt like it came down to two things: attitude and aptitude. Did they want to work with you and did they think you showed a propensity for learning. Have you done this sort of consulting before? Probably all the better. I had never done a case study interview before and I was really sweating it. I did my homework, but my interviewer was REALLY gracious and was more interested in how I problem solved than whether or not I knew technical jargon.

I am awaiting the official offer, but I do plan on negotiating.

Consultant Interview

I applied through campus recruiting website
    is was schedule for an interview on campus
    the interview took almost 1 hour for the process.
    The questionso was base on my resume before asking for my class works

Consultant Interview

I was referred and come from a non-target school, had a phone screen interview that was straightforward and then 3 interviews in one day before they made a decision. The interviews were one thirty minute behavior, one thirty minute case, and one 45 minute case

Interview Questions
    • What did you do over the summer and how did it add to your overall experience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Had an interview with several senior managers. First they asked me to introduce myself. Then they asked resume-related questions, for example, working experience. But they only focused on experience that they were interested in. They are all very friendly.They also asked questions like what is your contribution in your major? How is your previous experience related to this position?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Pretty easy, typical. There really wasn't anything out of the blue. Star formatting responses helped, skills assessment was vague but typical. Just practice and know your resume. Phone interview first, then in person skills assessment. Phone interview was straightforward, resume questions, tell us about yourself, etc. Skills assessment wasn't too bad, don't worry.