Deloitte

Average Difficulty
207 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Interview Question – Abstract question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details Below are the round in Deloitte USI.
1. Technical Interview
2. Managerial interview
3. Senior Manager round
4. English Test
Once you clear the 1st round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 6 days.
Process is very smooth and the HRs are good. There are lots of opening now a days and internal references will be consider in large extent.

Interview Question – Mostly in 1st or 2nd round   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 1 week - Interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

This is the round in Deloitte US Interview:
-Technical Interview
-Management Interview
-Senior Management Interview
-Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there is good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the offer in hand within 9 days.

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter to join Deloitte Dublin. I was invited to a face to face technical interview and this was the worst interview of my life. The interview was held in London.

The reason why it was the worst interview of my life is that the interviewer was late by 45 minutes. The interview was due to start at 8 am and finish at 9 am and I had to go to work after that. The interviewer apologised but if I was the one who had been late I would've been walked out of the office.

He carried on with the interview and asked questions about C#, SQL, OOP, threads and general software engineering questions and some of his answers where wrong but he didn't know so he thought my answers where incorrect. He had about 10 years experience and I have only 2 years experience so he should have known the right answers but he didn't. As a result he said I had a few technical gaps which I did not.

I was very late for work because of his lack of punctuality but when I explained to him that I would be late to work he didn't even apologise or show empathy.

he wasn't even wearing a tie and he had rolled up sleeves in the interview yet he gave feedback that I was a bit too informal yet I had a full suit on and was very professional.

I have worked for a top 25 FTSE 100 company and a world top 20 global IT firm and have outstanding performance at both yet this guy thought I wouldn't be good enough to work at Deloitte?

After I realised that these big four firms do not want the best talent out there and are looking for people who are just good at making power point presentations and have the same level of incompetence as them.

Stay away if you are a top flight software professional!!

Interview Question – Explain the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. I knew the answer and his answer was wrong but he said his was right.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews. One with the partner, one with the project manager. My contract in DC was won by Deloitte, so after previously working with Deloitte resources, I came over with the new contract with Deloitte. Their resources worked closely with me when I was at a previous employer and they recommended me heavily for the job.

Interview Question – I had a different interview process than most will go through. Basically was a done deal as the partner wanted me to come over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation, as I was out of the country when offer letter was sent

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Straightforward. Experience , behavioural and and why you want to work there. Future co-workers interviewed me. It was not an issue. Very standard questions. Know examples from your experiences and why you want to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted what they offered even though it was way below industry standard.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details I had 4 30-minute interviews on campus. I received an offer that same week. Depending on your university, you may have 2 interviews in campus and 2 in the office.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Think about working on teams, time management, leadership roles. Most importantly show great communication and your personality.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details what i had is through campus recruiting. the campus recruiting is very standard. first round will be on campus, 2 half an hour interview, 1-1. and then onsite. three rounds, 1-1.

Interview Question – no tough questions; all behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very standard process, no negotiation

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Started with an employee referral which lead to a phone screening call. The call was about 30 mins long and was just your basic phone screening questions, such as tell me about your resume and what have you done.

After the call ended the recruiter notified me that I should come into the office for 3 one on one interviews. I agreed and the interviews were broken down into these three parts.
1. Technical interview - this was more on the technology you use on day to day life in your current company. I went for a functional position so it wasn't as much programming but thought process on why or why not you would do X and Y.
2. Case Study - This was the only hard part of the interview. They gave me a case which involved the business unit. A lot of examples online were helpful and I encourage anyone to use it from the Deloitte's website.
3. Do you fit in interview. Just a simple talking interview to see if you fit in with the culture.

After the interview segment, I got a phone call about a week later and an offer.

Interview Question – Case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Interview process was fairly easy. Had an initial phone screening with the recruiting manager. Got a call the next day to set up a 30 minute phone interview with one of the Manager for a technical interview. This interview was very technical. I didn't know the answers to some of the questions so I informed the Manager and he was okay with that and moved on to the next question.

I got a call from the recruiting manager few days after the technical interview asking me to come in for three on-site interviews. The three on-site interviews consisted of a behavioral, technical, a case study. The technical and behavioral interviews were pretty simple and straight forward. Basic questions like "Tell me about your self", "Where do you see your self in 5 year?", "Tell me your strengths and weaknesses", etc... If you've done interviews before than you should know what to expect and prepare accordingly.

The case study was a little difficult but not too bad as I've had some time to prepare. Look at the case study sample on the website as those will provide you with plenty of practice. They are mainly looking for your thought process so asking lots of relevant questions to keep the conversations flowing is very important. In the end, they will want a recommendation to see how you've come up with the answer. Remember, there will never be one right answer. Case study interviews will be different for each field. Mine was related to an ERP system.

After about 2-3 days, I got a call from the recruiting manager informing me that Deloitte would like to extend an offer. This was more or less an informal offer where the recruiter told me what my expected salary would be. Got an official offer in the email a day or two after with all of the details.

Interview Question – Tell me your five strengths and one weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was pretty good but I decided to negotiate it and it worked in my favor. They normally are willing to budge if you try to negotiate 2 to 3 thousand depending on what your initial rate is. Mine was 75K so I negotiated to 78K. I had to relocate for the position so I used that as a leverage. Always negotiate your salary!!

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!