Deloitte

3.2

241 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Rigorous process, 4 interviews and 1 case study interview.
- 1st interview: interview with a manager, CV based questions
- 2nd interview: case study. I was given a case about a company with declining profitability. The task is to recommend how to increase the profitability (no right/ wrong answers here, they are assessing how you structure the problems, ask questions, and answer in a logical manner)
- 3rd interview: partner interview, behavioral interview
- 4th interview: lead partner interview, mainly behavioral

Interview Questions
I accepted the offer straightaway as I was happy with the pay (at that time)

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Wasn't one

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

2 tech, 1 management, 1 versant test, hr negotiations. Interview is fine except salary negotiations. Ask for more in - hand salary always. Dont get excited coz of total pay which include variables. See what others in the same position are getting before you negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging experience from your previous employer?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is tricky. Ask them to send mails for the total offer. Ask about the appraisal process and salary break up in detail. And always collect information from people already working in the company.

Consultant Interview

I had a screening interview with Deloitte. All the questions asked were related to my previous experience (work and education). The interview was very casual and no technical question was asked.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I got contacted 2 weeks after my online application via email to set up a phone interview. I could choose a day and time, so they are pretty flexible. Everything went really quickly afterwards. The interviewer was really helpful and nice. After 5 minutes of chit chat as normal, we got into the progress by asking me about my CV. I told everything in detailed about: education, work experience, projects i did, people i worked with. Keep in mind to give concrete examples and YOUR contribution to the matter.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. The used ones about education, work experience etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Completed an online application form consisting of a couple of questions and listing all university results. Attended an information event for successful applicants where we got the chance to receive more information about the company. This was followed by two face-to-face interviews, one with a senior manager and another with a director.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the issues faced by other areas of the business.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
    The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
    The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
    The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online and was contacted within two business days for the first round fit interview. There were 3 rounds in total. The 2nd round included a case, written portion, case presentation, and quantitative problem. There were several partners who participated in the interview process and I found they focused heavily on vetting your personality I.e. Fit within the team and Deloitte work culture. They were very personable and open to questions. The fit Interviews were very conversational and quite enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in Deloitte in five years, and what would you be working on?"   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process started off a little hectic. Scheduled 2 30-minute phone interviews. 1 behavioral, which was really easy. 1 case. Case interview over the phone is definitely an awkward process. My case was really strange but pretty easy. I didn't do great, but from talking to people at the firm, no one does because phone cases are inherently awkward.

The next steps were an on site interview in Arlington a week and a half after the case. I was told to keep the day open and that I would definitely hear back 1 way or the other before the onsite.

Well that date went by and I heard nothing. There was no main contact in the process either. I did reach out to the various people who had been in contact with me, but no one will get back to me. I guess I did something egregious because I was just completely dropped.

It's really strange because I have received offers from several other firms. I had been extremely impressed with Deloitte up until this point and they were at the top of my list. This process was pretty disheartening. I guess it was better to find out now.