Deloitte

3.2

233 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Rigorous process, 4 interviews and 1 case study interview.
- 1st interview: interview with a manager, CV based questions
- 2nd interview: case study. I was given a case about a company with declining profitability. The task is to recommend how to increase the profitability (no right/ wrong answers here, they are assessing how you structure the problems, ask questions, and answer in a logical manner)
- 3rd interview: partner interview, behavioral interview
- 4th interview: lead partner interview, mainly behavioral

Interview Questions
I accepted the offer straightaway as I was happy with the pay (at that time)

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Wasn't one

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Completed an online application form consisting of a couple of questions and listing all university results. Attended an information event for successful applicants where we got the chance to receive more information about the company. This was followed by two face-to-face interviews, one with a senior manager and another with a director.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the issues faced by other areas of the business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
    The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
    The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
    The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online and was contacted within two business days for the first round fit interview. There were 3 rounds in total. The 2nd round included a case, written portion, case presentation, and quantitative problem. There were several partners who participated in the interview process and I found they focused heavily on vetting your personality I.e. Fit within the team and Deloitte work culture. They were very personable and open to questions. The fit Interviews were very conversational and quite enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in Deloitte in five years, and what would you be working on?"   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process started off a little hectic. Scheduled 2 30-minute phone interviews. 1 behavioral, which was really easy. 1 case. Case interview over the phone is definitely an awkward process. My case was really strange but pretty easy. I didn't do great, but from talking to people at the firm, no one does because phone cases are inherently awkward.

The next steps were an on site interview in Arlington a week and a half after the case. I was told to keep the day open and that I would definitely hear back 1 way or the other before the onsite.

Well that date went by and I heard nothing. There was no main contact in the process either. I did reach out to the various people who had been in contact with me, but no one will get back to me. I guess I did something egregious because I was just completely dropped.

It's really strange because I have received offers from several other firms. I had been extremely impressed with Deloitte up until this point and they were at the top of my list. This process was pretty disheartening. I guess it was better to find out now.

Consultant Interview

They do not even have a mobile optimized apply process so the candidate experience is frustrating from the start. For a global consulting firm this is concerning especially if they are looking to hire both fresh new talent or seasoned talent like myself who knows the gaps in this process cause loss of interest of top Talent. Desperate vs Determined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

First interview was with two managers - there was a very simple case in this interview (an example of the type of projects they deal with, and they ask you to walk them through your thought process).

Second interview was with a senior manager and a director. This interview was very informal - typical questions about if travel is okay and if unusual hours are okay.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioural with one simple case - nothing surprising   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was put through a total of 3 interviews, 1) behavioral; 2) short case (30-40 minutes); 3) long case (1 hour).

The interview started the minute I came off the elevator with greeters asking me about myself and discussing their experiences. They mentioned that they would provide input into the hiring process in terms of my ability to create conversation and interact with others. They greeters escorted me to a room where I waited as others were finishing up their round one interviews. I was then escorted to meet a manager who performed the behavioral interview.

Round 1 Interview:

Behavioral Interview - Lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the manager asking me questions about my resume and experience. It was a simple discussion to learn more about my background and gauge how well I would fit within the firm based on experience and personality.

After time was up, I was escorted immediately to another room, where I was to perform a short case with another manager.

Case Study - The case was not too complex and revolved around a federal client looking to improve their tracking of IT equipment. I was able to apply the framework of People, Process, and Technology to the case and provided my response.

I received a call 3 hours after the initial two interviews and was asked to return the next day for what would be the final interview.

Round 2 Interview:

Case Study (1 hour) - I showed up to the same location as the day before and was escorted to a room where I met with a Deloitte partner. The partner was very nice and went over the premise of the case with me and asked me to solve it. I again broke it into a framework and walked them through my thought process. The partner did challenge some of my responses and asked for clarification. I was able to provide my rationale for each of his questions and he seemed satisfied. i am not sure if he was trying to make me nervous or was generally interested in how I came up with my solution?

I receive an email and a call the next day from the recruiter stating that I would be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Please breakdown the national budget for me and explain where most of the U.S. tax dollars go. You can use dollars, percentages or fractions for the breakdown.   Answer Question
    I interviewed as part of their campus recruiting effort. Non of the students who I interviewed with were able to negotiate. I attempted but was shot down by the recruiter. We were all offered the same amount, base plus signing bonus.