Deloitte

Average Difficulty
211 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Interview Question – Abstract question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details Below are the round in Deloitte USI.
1. Technical Interview
2. Managerial interview
3. Senior Manager round
4. English Test
Once you clear the 1st round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 6 days.
Process is very smooth and the HRs are good. There are lots of opening now a days and internal references will be consider in large extent.

Interview Question – Mostly in 1st or 2nd round   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Long process. Have something they can use on a project. And talk about future career goals. Know the kinds of clients Deloitte has and also talk about some potential avenues for new business. Be honest and confident. Also realize it is a very competitive culture that is fast paced.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation. Be happy you have a job.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 1 week - Interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

This is the round in Deloitte US Interview:
-Technical Interview
-Management Interview
-Senior Management Interview
-Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there is good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the offer in hand within 9 days.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Hired 6 months in advance of graduation. On campus interview with a manager. Then all expenses paid trip to Deloitte office to meet two managers and a Director or Partner.

Interview Question – Understand the existing structure of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation ability

Consultant

I applied through another source and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details A friend passed my resume to a manager she knew and that manager forwarded my resume to a recruiter in Human Resources, who called me for an Initial phone interview. After the preliminary screening, the recruiter set-up onsite interviews with two hiring managers and one senior manager. The managers were cordial and professional and had many years of industry experience. They talked about the requirements and expectations of the position I was interviewing for and looked through my resume and asked questions about my background, experience, and skills. The process was very quick, and they made an offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult or unexpected. I talked about my experience and work I did in my prior jobs and the hiring managers asked some additional questions. They also talked about the requirements and expectations for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was based on initial assessment of my work experience and salary. Also offered a sign-on bonus at the time. Definitely try to research salary for position in advance and negotiate, negotiate.

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details The process in Portugal has 3 phases:
1. An initial assessment (quizz) and interview with an HR
2. Challenge: you are with a team and you must solve a business problem: show that you are both a leader and drive people, but at the same time, that you listen to others and value everyone's opinion. I believe that is key in this phase.
3. Final interview with a partner

Interview Question – Typical: biggest fault, biggest virtue, a math question, why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter to join Deloitte Dublin. I was invited to a face to face technical interview and this was the worst interview of my life. The interview was held in London.

The reason why it was the worst interview of my life is that the interviewer was late by 45 minutes. The interview was due to start at 8 am and finish at 9 am and I had to go to work after that. The interviewer apologised but if I was the one who had been late I would've been walked out of the office.

He carried on with the interview and asked questions about C#, SQL, OOP, threads and general software engineering questions and some of his answers where wrong but he didn't know so he thought my answers where incorrect. He had about 10 years experience and I have only 2 years experience so he should have known the right answers but he didn't. As a result he said I had a few technical gaps which I did not.

I was very late for work because of his lack of punctuality but when I explained to him that I would be late to work he didn't even apologise or show empathy.

he wasn't even wearing a tie and he had rolled up sleeves in the interview yet he gave feedback that I was a bit too informal yet I had a full suit on and was very professional.

I have worked for a top 25 FTSE 100 company and a world top 20 global IT firm and have outstanding performance at both yet this guy thought I wouldn't be good enough to work at Deloitte?

After I realised that these big four firms do not want the best talent out there and are looking for people who are just good at making power point presentations and have the same level of incompetence as them.

Stay away if you are a top flight software professional!!

Interview Question – Explain the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. I knew the answer and his answer was wrong but he said his was right.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews. One with the partner, one with the project manager. My contract in DC was won by Deloitte, so after previously working with Deloitte resources, I came over with the new contract with Deloitte. Their resources worked closely with me when I was at a previous employer and they recommended me heavily for the job.

Interview Question – I had a different interview process than most will go through. Basically was a done deal as the partner wanted me to come over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation, as I was out of the country when offer letter was sent

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Straightforward. Experience , behavioural and and why you want to work there. Future co-workers interviewed me. It was not an issue. Very standard questions. Know examples from your experiences and why you want to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted what they offered even though it was way below industry standard.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!