Deloitte

3.2

221 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Wasn't one

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Below are the round in Deloitte USI.
    1. Technical Interview
    2. Managerial interview
    3. Senior Manager round
    4. English Test
    Once you clear the 1st round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 6 days.
    Process is very smooth and the HRs are good. There are lots of opening now a days and internal references will be consider in large extent.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

I was put through a total of 3 interviews, 1) behavioral; 2) short case (30-40 minutes); 3) long case (1 hour).

The interview started the minute I came off the elevator with greeters asking me about myself and discussing their experiences. They mentioned that they would provide input into the hiring process in terms of my ability to create conversation and interact with others. They greeters escorted me to a room where I waited as others were finishing up their round one interviews. I was then escorted to meet a manager who performed the behavioral interview.

Round 1 Interview:

Behavioral Interview - Lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the manager asking me questions about my resume and experience. It was a simple discussion to learn more about my background and gauge how well I would fit within the firm based on experience and personality.

After time was up, I was escorted immediately to another room, where I was to perform a short case with another manager.

Case Study - The case was not too complex and revolved around a federal client looking to improve their tracking of IT equipment. I was able to apply the framework of People, Process, and Technology to the case and provided my response.

I received a call 3 hours after the initial two interviews and was asked to return the next day for what would be the final interview.

Round 2 Interview:

Case Study (1 hour) - I showed up to the same location as the day before and was escorted to a room where I met with a Deloitte partner. The partner was very nice and went over the premise of the case with me and asked me to solve it. I again broke it into a framework and walked them through my thought process. The partner did challenge some of my responses and asked for clarification. I was able to provide my rationale for each of his questions and he seemed satisfied. i am not sure if he was trying to make me nervous or was generally interested in how I came up with my solution?

I receive an email and a call the next day from the recruiter stating that I would be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Please breakdown the national budget for me and explain where most of the U.S. tax dollars go. You can use dollars, percentages or fractions for the breakdown.   Answer Question
    I interviewed as part of their campus recruiting effort. Non of the students who I interviewed with were able to negotiate. I attempted but was shot down by the recruiter. We were all offered the same amount, base plus signing bonus.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Round of tests and rounds of interviews. Test on English, accounts, maths, excel was taken. They are basically elimination round. Then there was an interview call after a month or so. Interview comprised of three rounds. HR round which was a formality round. Followed by technical round and then the final round was with the senior level personnel to test your knowledge and personality.

Negotiation was not very friendly.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

I had a call to do a phone screen with talent, then came in to the office for an in person interview (1 hour each with 4 individuals) all in 1 day. Talent gave me a 1 day heads up that my interview will include a case study, which made me question talent's effectiveness.

The interview included a case study, resume review, general questions to learn about my skillsets/experience, and informal discussions to assess culture fit.

Interview Questions
    Original offer was low, but I had an offer from another company during this time. Second offer was higher but still not as high as what I had from the other company.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Right from the first contact it was smoother and faster in rolling out the offer letter than the big and frustrating companies like Accenture & IBM which make people wait forever.

Problem was that I was frustrated with delays from all other companies and was desperate to get in. I now know that I quoted a low price, which was why Deloitte offered me more than my quote. So, in fact I had no negotiations. Obviously, I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The interview process duration was for close to 7 hours and each rounds lasts 20-40 mins usually depending on the interviewer.There were 5 rounds totally.
    1)technical one
    2)technial two
    3)versant test( you will be given a sample paper for the test to train yourself.they will explain you about the test before you start taking it),simple one but difficult to pass if u dont concentrate.make yourself comfortable fr the test.
    4)Business Leader Position is all about your project and just a talk with a manager.
    5)Hr round-salary negotiation.

Overall process was very perfect.awesome environment.

Interview Questions
    • asked me for some DSN ,connection pooling question.And asked fr the advantage of a luk up in jdbc.
      difference between jdbc and odbc.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

3 rounds of interview
    1. Technical - Telephonic one. It went on for 1 hour where I was asked about my skill set without getting into in-depth discussion. Answered all the questions to interviewer satisfaction
    2. Management Round - Face 2 face for 30 minutes. Discussed about my handling of different challenging situation. What keeps me motivated and where do you see yourself after 5 years. All normal questions.
    3. HR Round - Telephonic again - We discussed about my response for some abstract situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process began with a test conducted by AMCAT. This was a general aptitude test having English, Analytical and Quantitative sub-sections. Results came after a week. People were shortlisted which was followed by a group/ case study with 9 people in a batch. The case study was followed by a HR Round 2:1

Interview Questions
    • The case study was given by them and was a real life problem that a candidate might face at Deloitte   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!