Deloitte

Updated 19 Jan 2015

3.2

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Hr Interview --> Senior manager interview

They tried to low-ball you with immediate starting project. They don't recognise my previous consulting experience. They want me to start immediately where I still have notice period with my employer at that time. A bit dodgy recruitment process.

In the following weeks, I keep approaching with the HR but no response. Finally I found out that they didn't provide the reject letter till their new hire got on board. Very bad communication from HR.

Interview Questions
  • When can you start to kick off the project?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Rigorous process, 4 interviews and 1 case study interview.
    - 1st interview: interview with a manager, CV based questions
    - 2nd interview: case study. I was given a case about a company with declining profitability. The task is to recommend how to increase the profitability (no right/ wrong answers here, they are assessing how you structure the problems, ask questions, and answer in a logical manner)
    - 3rd interview: partner interview, behavioral interview
    - 4th interview: lead partner interview, mainly behavioral

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer straightaway as I was happy with the pay (at that time)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Wasn't one

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

Had an interview with several senior managers. First they asked me to introduce myself. Then they asked resume-related questions, for example, working experience. But they only focused on experience that they were interested in. They are all very friendly.They also asked questions like what is your contribution in your major? How is your previous experience related to this position?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Pretty easy, typical. There really wasn't anything out of the blue. Star formatting responses helped, skills assessment was vague but typical. Just practice and know your resume. Phone interview first, then in person skills assessment. Phone interview was straightforward, resume questions, tell us about yourself, etc. Skills assessment wasn't too bad, don't worry.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I believe the way Deloitte conduct the interview rounds as very well organised. The employee will be given proper details about the number of round that will conducted and how many round will be conducted on that particular interview day.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on the process a person is attending the interview for   Answer Question
    The give the best possible package based on your earlier salary...For me there was not much of negotiation. May be because i wanted the job so may be i didn't negoitate much.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Behavioral interview, conducted on campus and spanned a few days. Interviewed with senior consultants and partners about career trajectory, interests, achievements, and personal growth/experiences. Some questions were asked from the news about events from my field of interest to make sure I was up to date in things.

No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

2 tech, 1 management, 1 versant test, hr negotiations. Interview is fine except salary negotiations. Ask for more in - hand salary always. Dont get excited coz of total pay which include variables. See what others in the same position are getting before you negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging experience from your previous employer?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is tricky. Ask them to send mails for the total offer. Ask about the appraisal process and salary break up in detail. And always collect information from people already working in the company.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2014.

Write up on current affairs followed by two rounds of GD and two rounds of interview.. GD topics were generic. Interview was mostly based on CV and a few other questions