Deloitte

Updated 13 Jan 2015
Updated 13 Jan 2015

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Everything was well planned. The interviewers were very professional and shared how to be successful at Deloitte. It is important to be yourself. Dress for success. This is important.

negotiation was smooth

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

I applied through the Deloitte careers website. The process took 1.5 months (delayed due to Christmas holidays).
    1st Round with recruiter ---Basic questions experience and some details about the positions.
    Responded within 2 days.

2nd Round : With Senior Manager (Technical Interview) : Technical questions, difficulties faced etc. If you know the subject you need not to worry about it.

Responded within two days and arranged travel to Deloitte office. I am experienced candidate so the case interview was not there as a part of interview. I will suggest you to ask your recruiter every question you have.

Face to face interview :
    1st with partner (45 mins ) : Partner explained the position, requirements, expectations. Asked me what questions you have for me. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise. Very friendly interview. partner even suggested some tourist spot near the area to visit.

2nd with Senior Manager (45 mins) : Senior Manager asked some technical questions. Asked about the project scenario and my approach how you will go about it. technical questions and more questions related to my current job profile and technologies you know.

3rd with Senior manager (45 mins) : Few basic technical questions and explained the details of the job profile. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise.

4th with Partner (20mins) : After introduction his first question was what are your questions for me. Then in discussed my ambitions and what I expect from this job etc. Tell me about your recent experience when you handled a difficult situation and how did you manage.

All interviews involved a lot of discussion. They know the industry trends and they are expert in their fields. I will suggest to say no if you dont know that. Don't try to create answer if you don't know.

All the interview arrangements were done properly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Be ready with examples for your achievements, difficulties faced and how you tackled those.

My suggestion will be to google it or scan the Deloitte website and search for white papers/articles written by/contributed by the partners and senior managers who are supposed to take your interviews. They will be happy to hear that you have gone through the articles and ask some questions related to those articles.

Answer Question

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Initial email and phone call from recruiter. Casual background salary expectation type of questions were asked. After 2 weeks there was a call from another recruiter and set up a technical interview on the same day. That was questions about subject matter and real situations on the job. That went well. The face to face interview was set after one week and then postponed after 2 weeks. Got email confirmation for the face to face interview. Three people interviewed Partner, Sr Manger and manager. 30 minute each. interview was again asking about myself, real examples about the firm. It went well. Haven't heard back anything yet.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

5 rounds of Interview took place. Various levels of discussions happened. Starting from HR and going from all layers of management. Overall it was a great experience to go through the interview process.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Two technical interviews based on overall scope and Leadership skills testing. Both the interviews were conducted by Senior Manager ERS. Third interview was conducted by ERS Director. The Tone of the Interview was average. Interview was quite focused on the roles supposed to be performed by Senior Consultant.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Applied on-line and was contacted by a recruiter via a form email requesting time for an initial conversation. The initial conversation occurred less than 1 week after the form email was sent, less than 15 minutes long, and was a simple review of my experience and reasons for leaving my employers. Within 1 week, I received another email (this one from a different person in the recruiting group) confirming a technical interview with 2 Senior Managers. The technical interview included direct questions concerning the subject matter related to the role I applied for and my experience with the subject matter. The call lasted approximately 45 minutes. Approximately 1 week later, I received an email confirming the details of my trip for in-person office interviews. Within another week after confirming all of the details of my trip, I flew up to (all travel expenses paid) my in-person office interviews. I spent the night before in a local hotel and had my first interview at 9AM with a Director. The Director detailed the structure of the team and the processes associated with conducting the projects - the remainder of the time was spent answering behavioural questions; I also answered a question on my compensation, but that was the only time I was asked. The next interview was with a senior manager and was a mix of technical and behavioural questions. The third and final interview was with a manager and was highly technical. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I wrote a quick note of thanks to my recruiter and asked for the email addresses of those I interviewed with so that I may thank them as well and received a response indicating preliminary feedback was good. The next morning, I received an email from the recruiter asking that I call her back because they were ready to move forward with an offer. I immediately called my recruiter and accepted the offer, which was more than agreeable (approximately 22.2% more than my current salary and included a signing bonus). Hiring process was a series of emails requiring that I fill out the regular tax forms and email them accordingly, as well as schedule travel for my orientation session - I also had to supply recent paystubs. The entire process from the first email to the offer and acceptance was precisely 3 weeks. Start date was contingent upon orientation class schedule, which was every 2 weeks and had to allow for the background check to clear (the background check took 2 weeks).

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a process and controls person, or a technical person?   View Answer
    No negotiation was necessary, as the salary and signing bonus were more than agreeable.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Submitted resume online, had a pre-screen phone call with HR/Talent, had 3 1 hour interviews on site with partners and was offered the job within the week. Negotiated for another week and accepted there after.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where you had to admit being wrong and how was it handled.   Answer Question
    A few back and forths on the salary with a request to increase the signing bonus

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

There was a three round interview process. The final round was a video conference round with the hiring manager. The process was smooth and fast. The interviewers knew the subject very well.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA (US)

Deloitte purchased the company I was employed by; therefore, no interview was necessary. Everyone who worked for the company came over with the same salary. Of course we received all if their benefits.

N/A, I kept the same salary.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

In total was 3 interviews: One with HR (Nice interview), one with technical manager (Very tough and kind of rude), one with the partner (very nice).

Interview Questions
    • In the technical interview, there were a lot of tricky questions. Some of the questions that I didn't know the answer the interviewer said: "Really? Don't you know that?". After the interview I was feeling so bad, but surprisingly I got an offer. My perception is that they were testing my patience skills.   Answer Question
    They offered me a experience period (3 months) in a "reduced" salary, and after they said that would increase. And they did it. They are paying me what was promised.