Deloitte

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied on-line and was contacted by a recruiter via a form email requesting time for an initial conversation. The initial conversation occurred less than 1 week after the form email was sent, less than 15 minutes long, and was a simple review of my experience and reasons for leaving my employers. Within 1 week, I received another email (this one from a different person in the recruiting group) confirming a technical interview with 2 Senior Managers. The technical interview included direct questions concerning the subject matter related to the role I applied for and my experience with the subject matter. The call lasted approximately 45 minutes. Approximately 1 week later, I received an email confirming the details of my trip for in-person office interviews. Within another week after confirming all of the details of my trip, I flew up to (all travel expenses paid) my in-person office interviews. I spent the night before in a local hotel and had my first interview at 9AM with a Director. The Director detailed the structure of the team and the processes associated with conducting the projects - the remainder of the time was spent answering behavioural questions; I also answered a question on my compensation, but that was the only time I was asked. The next interview was with a senior manager and was a mix of technical and behavioural questions. The third and final interview was with a manager and was highly technical. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I wrote a quick note of thanks to my recruiter and asked for the email addresses of those I interviewed with so that I may thank them as well and received a response indicating preliminary feedback was good. The next morning, I received an email from the recruiter asking that I call her back because they were ready to move forward with an offer. I immediately called my recruiter and accepted the offer, which was more than agreeable (approximately 22.2% more than my current salary and included a signing bonus). Hiring process was a series of emails requiring that I fill out the regular tax forms and email them accordingly, as well as schedule travel for my orientation session - I also had to supply recent paystubs. The entire process from the first email to the offer and acceptance was precisely 3 weeks. Start date was contingent upon orientation class schedule, which was every 2 weeks and had to allow for the background check to clear (the background check took 2 weeks).

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself a process and controls person, or a technical person?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary, as the salary and signing bonus were more than agreeable.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Two technical interviews based on overall scope and Leadership skills testing. Both the interviews were conducted by Senior Manager ERS. Third interview was conducted by ERS Director. The Tone of the Interview was average. Interview was quite focused on the roles supposed to be performed by Senior Consultant.

Interview Question – Why you want a job in Chicago Office?   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details The process worked very well. They were very proactive. I felt like they were great which was not the case once I was hired and got to know them better.

Interview Question – None really. The questions were really standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Play hard to get.

ERS Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Submitted resume online, had a pre-screen phone call with HR/Talent, had 3 1 hour interviews on site with partners and was offered the job within the week. Negotiated for another week and accepted there after.

Interview Question – Situation where you had to admit being wrong and how was it handled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A few back and forths on the salary with a request to increase the signing bonus

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details There was a three round interview process. The final round was a video conference round with the hiring manager. The process was smooth and fast. The interviewers knew the subject very well.

Interview Question – Explaining how Conficker malware worked.   Answer Question

Rosslyn, VA (US)

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Deloitte purchased the company I was employed by; therefore, no interview was necessary. Everyone who worked for the company came over with the same salary. Of course we received all if their benefits.

Negotiation Details – N/A, I kept the same salary.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details Day 1 was 3 sets of interviews that occurred as follows: HR interview, two senior managers interview (together), one senior manager (1:1),

Day 2 was 3 separate activities: two partner interviews (separate), lunch.

Each day took about 4 hours each. Behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a situation with multiple commitments that you could not deliver?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details In total was 3 interviews: One with HR (Nice interview), one with technical manager (Very tough and kind of rude), one with the partner (very nice).

Interview Question – In the technical interview, there were a lot of tricky questions. Some of the questions that I didn't know the answer the interviewer said: "Really? Don't you know that?". After the interview I was feeling so bad, but surprisingly I got an offer. My perception is that they were testing my patience skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a experience period (3 months) in a "reduced" salary, and after they said that would increase. And they did it. They are paying me what was promised.

ERS Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details Excellent. Very professional and thorough interviewing process - from both technical and soft-skills perspective

Negotiation Details – touch and challenging

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details They contacted me and brought me in for an interview

Interview Question – None, they wanted my expertise in a specific industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took about 2 weeks, and they gave me what I asked for

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!