Deloitte

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014
2,908 Interview Reviews

Business Risk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

online application, online testing which involved numerical, logical and verbal reasoning, assessment centre- group activity, one on one interview, tour of office and partner interview- mostly go through resume

Analyst (Experienced Hire) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied online but through a referral from a friend. The first interview was with HR. The lady was very friendly and asked me questions about my work experience, the types of clients I had worked with and was very interested in why I wanted to work at Deloitte.

The second interview was with two partners and they wanted to know more about why I enjoyed the work and wanted to get to know more about me as a person. The partner took about 20 minutes and I was very surprised as to how short it was.

I then had HR asked me for references the day after the interview with the two partners and I knew the outcome within two weeks after that.

The entire process was very swift and everyone was very approachable and friendly. The impression I got from Deloitte was that it was laid back but professional.

Interview Questions
    • Partners picked up on me extending my degree beyond the standard number of years you would expect and asked why. I didn't find the question difficult because I was prepared, but make sure that you know your resume inside-out because they will read it very carefully.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer (Deloitte Digital) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

5 steps:
    1. Phone interview asking behavioural questions like why deloitte?
    2. assessment centre - group interaction, one on one interviews, tasks included writing email, problem solving, test cases.
    3. manager interview asking behavioural questions. weaknesses, strengths, teamwork
    4. Partner interview asking behavioural questions. weaknesses, strengths, teamwork alot more casual chat.
    5. Programming test in chosen language, basic programming tasks

Vacationer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Summer Vacation Program 1. Online Application: Basic details and 5 motivational/behavioural questions 2. Psychometric Testing: Verbal & Deductive 3. Phone Interview: A short 5 minute chat about my motivations to join Deloitte and my service line with an invitation to the assessment day straight after 4. Assessment Day: 3 hours worth of group tasks, presentations and a manager interview 5. Partner Interview (Behavioral): 1 hour long grilling
    This program is incredibly competitive and the entire process is stressful and drawn out. However, Deloitte HR are helpful and friendly so that takes some of the edge off.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about the biggest decision you've ever had to make.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

This was a rigorous interview process that spanned an online test, a phone interview, assessment day, then a partner interview. While it was long and tiring, it was necessary because there were 1000s of applicants for less than 100 spots. The questions were pretty generic, and easy as long as you know what they are trying to achieve with them

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioural questions where there were no correct answers   Answer Question
    Nil

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

I first received a call from HR in Perth requesting an interview , I had to follow up a couple of times before the preliminary interview was organised 12 days later. It was a catch up in Brisbane office to find more about the role.

I did not 'shoot the lights out' with the interview, nor did it go horribly wrong, however after being told I would be contacted in the coming days, I have still hot heard back from them over a week later...

The interview was really a discussion about my experience in property, and more about the role. It went for 1 hour. General questions about where the Brisbane and Australian leasing market is at the moment, how do you rate your report writing and numbers. Silly HR question right at the death, see below.

Interview Questions
    • How many people would be playing golf right now? (I was interviewed at 4pm).   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Initial online screening logical test, then went to telephone interview with basic "Why Deloitte" questions, and then an assessment centre which included two group, a written and an individual interview component.

Interview Questions
    • Did a case study based on start up proposals and was asked how "global issues" would affect the operation of a transport-sharing company based in Sydney.   Answer Question

Summer Vacationer Interview

Online App, Online Tests, Phone Interview, Assessment Day, Case Study Interview, Partner Interview.

Deloitte Access Economics Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

1. Online application: a few general and behavioural questions, plus cover letter and resume.
    2. Psychiometric test: 10 logical questions, make the right choice based on a short paragraph of article.
    3. Telephone interview: By a graduate recruiting team member, asking some general questions again.
    4. Assessment Centre.

I got to the phone interview process a week after completing the psychometric assessment, which was completely unexpected. I did not perform well in that interview, and received a rejection email next morning. One of my friends got his invitation to the assessment centre at the end of his phone interview, which made me jealous.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why have you applied to Deloitte Access Economics?
      2. Please tell us a bit more about you Honours year thesis.
        View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

First was an informal meeting with a director over coffee to discuss the role and my work history.

Second meeting was formal with a Director and Principle from the service line who discussed how I thought my work history would map to the vacancy. The style of this interview was quite serious and relatively hostile.

Interview Questions
    • Believe it or not, where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!