Deloitte

Updated 25 Nov 2014
3,149 Interview Reviews

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

First Round Interview: Brief telephone interview with head of HR - who was pleasant and friendly. Asked why Deloitte, Why Consulting, What my particular business unit.

Second Round Interview: Group Interview
    This was a case study with a table full of other candidates and two facilitators (there were a few such tables in one conference room).
    Day began with an introduction to Deloitte, then an individual case study, group case study, then one-on-one interview with facilitators/managers.
    Make sure you engage with the team and participate but do not dominate conversation.
    It is important to build rapport with the team and managers and establish yourself as a good team player.
    One-on-one interview - think about why you want to be in that particular business unit compared to others, what has brought you to this point, why you applied for the role, what you will do if you don't get the role.

Third Interview: Case Studies & Partner Interview
    Two Case Studies - make sure you have read up on market sizing and case study questions, calculating break even and make or buy examples. Use the interviewer as they are employees in your business unit and will be able to help / they are assessing you the whole time to see if you are someone they want to work with.
    Partner Interview - more of an informal chat. Think about your strengths and weaknesses, and try to anticipate any questions that they may have about your weaknesses. The partner was friendly but professional and will definitely pressure test you with any questions or queries that you have - gaps in your resume, education, experience, approach.
    Think about the other jobs that you are applying for and will apply for - what key competencies or interests do you have that are similar. Eg - what are your interests, strengths, deliverables.
    Where do you see yourself in five years? How would your parents/friends/colleagues describe you?
    Between the case studies and partner interview also take some time to gather your thoughts and process your experience in the case studies. The partner will probably ask you how you think you went and any challenges you faced. This is your opportunity to show your self-awareness and development so definitely take a minute or two between interviews to process this.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Case Study: what are your reasons for choosing/ not choosing to invest in this company. Pitch the idea to your manager.
      2. Market Sizing: what is the market for tyre valves in Australia. Can you recommend the company to enter the market? How should they do so?
        View Answer

Business Risk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

online application, online testing which involved numerical, logical and verbal reasoning, assessment centre- group activity, one on one interview, tour of office and partner interview- mostly go through resume

Analyst (Experienced Hire) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied online but through a referral from a friend. The first interview was with HR. The lady was very friendly and asked me questions about my work experience, the types of clients I had worked with and was very interested in why I wanted to work at Deloitte.

The second interview was with two partners and they wanted to know more about why I enjoyed the work and wanted to get to know more about me as a person. The partner took about 20 minutes and I was very surprised as to how short it was.

I then had HR asked me for references the day after the interview with the two partners and I knew the outcome within two weeks after that.

The entire process was very swift and everyone was very approachable and friendly. The impression I got from Deloitte was that it was laid back but professional.

Interview Questions
    • Partners picked up on me extending my degree beyond the standard number of years you would expect and asked why. I didn't find the question difficult because I was prepared, but make sure that you know your resume inside-out because they will read it very carefully.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer (Deloitte Digital) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

5 steps:
    1. Phone interview asking behavioural questions like why deloitte?
    2. assessment centre - group interaction, one on one interviews, tasks included writing email, problem solving, test cases.
    3. manager interview asking behavioural questions. weaknesses, strengths, teamwork
    4. Partner interview asking behavioural questions. weaknesses, strengths, teamwork alot more casual chat.
    5. Programming test in chosen language, basic programming tasks

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

The recruiter was very friendly and made sure I met the right partners at the firm. The interview overall was fairly informal. They interviewers had my CV on hand and asked me to elaborate on my skillset and work experience.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

"Tell us what are your motivators for planning a move to Australia? Include information about your location preference and research you have completed into the professional work environment/cost of living in Australia."

"Talk us through the clients and industry/sector you currently and previously have exposure to including any preferences? Please also tell us in detail about your exposure to IFRS and or US/UK GAAP?"

Describe a situation when you had a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time. How did you ensure everything got done?

"Tell us what you enjoy about your current role and describe your ideal role in Australia? Provide us with some insights into your career aspirations over the next 2-4 years."

What are your salary expectations with the inclusion of superannuation?

Interview Questions
    • Deloitte’s vision is to be the most inspiring firm to work with - for its people, its clients and its communities. We aim to be Deloitte "and different"...Tell us something different about you!   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Initial online screening logical test, then went to telephone interview with basic "Why Deloitte" questions, and then an assessment centre which included two group, a written and an individual interview component.

Interview Questions
    • Did a case study based on start up proposals and was asked how "global issues" would affect the operation of a transport-sharing company based in Sydney.   Answer Question

Vacationer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Summer Vacation Program 1. Online Application: Basic details and 5 motivational/behavioural questions 2. Psychometric Testing: Verbal & Deductive 3. Phone Interview: A short 5 minute chat about my motivations to join Deloitte and my service line with an invitation to the assessment day straight after 4. Assessment Day: 3 hours worth of group tasks, presentations and a manager interview 5. Partner Interview (Behavioral): 1 hour long grilling
    This program is incredibly competitive and the entire process is stressful and drawn out. However, Deloitte HR are helpful and friendly so that takes some of the edge off.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about the biggest decision you've ever had to make.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

I first received a call from HR in Perth requesting an interview , I had to follow up a couple of times before the preliminary interview was organised 12 days later. It was a catch up in Brisbane office to find more about the role.

I did not 'shoot the lights out' with the interview, nor did it go horribly wrong, however after being told I would be contacted in the coming days, I have still hot heard back from them over a week later...

The interview was really a discussion about my experience in property, and more about the role. It went for 1 hour. General questions about where the Brisbane and Australian leasing market is at the moment, how do you rate your report writing and numbers. Silly HR question right at the death, see below.

Interview Questions
    • How many people would be playing golf right now? (I was interviewed at 4pm).   View Answer

Summer Vacationer Interview

Online App, Online Tests, Phone Interview, Assessment Day, Case Study Interview, Partner Interview.