Deloitte LLP

194 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant
Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in March 2010.

Interview Details Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Interview Question – Abstract question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview is generally 20 minutes and pretty much involves the recruiter getting to know you. Once you go over basic details of your resume they will set up a call with one of the practitioners.

My second interview was with a Specialist Master in the Systems Integration practice. He probed me a bit on my resume just to see if I could speak to what I wrote. He also asked general questions to understand my technical acumen. They look for a couple of things in this conversation: whether to place you in the functional or technical bucket, and if you're good within that bucket. Not a hard interview at all

The 3rd interview consist of 3 interviews consisting of behavioral, case, and "general". My first was the case interview. They asked me how I would approach a new small-scale IT modernization project where we're just updating the legacy system. It was pretty straightforward and I just dropped some SDLC on them. Behavioral is just a typical behavioral interview...just be yourself. The "general" interview is just a chat with Principal, Partner, or Director about your work style and how you feel about certain things like work/life balance

Negotiation Details – I gave them a number...they pushed back a little but it was pretty much take it or leave it to me. Plus I had Booz Allen in the backpocket and they were already taking a lot of their employees.

It's usually good to have a Big 4 or Booz in the mix

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low and below my current level.

Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details Applied through the careers website. The HR was very prompt in getting back to me and setting up the interview process. The Interview phase was long. Had to go through 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews. The results of the interview process were also known in a timely manner

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2011.

Interview Details Communication initially can take a long time. Once the process starts you'll know fairly quickly if you're going to continue the process. A few interviews and you'll be on your way to meeting the partner.

Interview Question – Really being able to handle subject matter questions that show you an deal with questions above your expected knowledge level while staying calm and being logical are key   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details Campus hire - came on site to the Masters program and solicited resumes. For the interview itself, it was in 3 parts: a "behavioral fit" one-on-one interview with a senior staff in the same consulting area and then a case study scenario, where I described how I would deal with the challenge. It was basically about arriving at a client site, and they wanted to do X, and what are the things I would want to know in order to get started figuring out the solution to propose. I used the whiteboard and asked questions back. The third part (the call back) was another behavioral fit -- but this time with more probing questions about what kind of work I wanted to do, and what I did or did not like about previous jobs or projects.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was just what I would have done differently after I explained a difficult situation at a previous employer. I didn't want to sound like I had not done the right thing, but I also wanted to show I had learned from my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; it is a "take it or leave it" offer -- they want to start everyone at the same price point. On the good side, the benefits are already great (25 days vacation, annual bonuses) on top of an industry high salary. Only thing I wanted to negotiate was title -- I thought I should have started the next level up.

Flag Interview

Deloitte LLP Talent Acquisition Senior Manager responded to this review

Apr 03, 2014

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experiences from a few years ago. I know your post will be helpful to others as they prepare for future interviews. Thanks!

Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details I apllied through college or university.

The company contacted me through the University. The first step was an HR interview, quite straightforward questions - CV background check. Then there where some testes - personality questions and two essays (one in portuguese and one in English).
The second stage was a business case (it was for the consulting area) and . It was a whole day in their facilities with a group of 8 people. Presentation at end of the day.
The third stage was an interview with a partner

Interview Question – Work with a Non Governmental Organization problem (take a portuguese NGO to Angola)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone screen with HR. After that, a phone call was scheduled with a manager to review my skills and background further. Then, I was called for an on-site interview with 3 individuals. One was a case interview.

Interview Question – I haven't sat for the PMI/PMP exams yet since I need to gain more years of experience, so I was not expecting questions on PM principles. I described processes and protocols, but the interviewer told me to use more PMI terminology. Read up on this if you're interviewing!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Consultant
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details I had interview with consulting manager and got feedback it was positive. However their decision making process is somewhat long, at first I've been said they most probably invite me to 2nd round of interview, then stated further approvals needed, were away and away and finally informed they would postpone the decision to a later date. Generally process looked like they were not sure whether they're hiring or not and for what position.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, mainly questions about experience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details First was interview with Recruiter to get more details on my experience. About a month later, had a phone interview with a Senior Manager. Pretty simple, basic questions from my resume and a couple generic SDLC question. Last step was an onsite interview. I flew in the night before and flew out after the interview. It was 3 separate interviews, each 45 minutes long. It was exactly how the recruiter prepped me, one interview was 3 case studies, another was a personality interview, and the last was just fact checking various points on my resume.

Interview Question – The onsite case studies might have been difficult if the recruiter didn't send me the materials that outlined the possible case studies and the ideal responses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was given 4 weeks after my on site interview, but recruiter touched base with me every week to let me know that they were still going through approvals. They gave me exactly what I asked for, so I didn't need to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Consultant interview questions and advice. All 194 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.