Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

79 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details Only 1 interview (including a pre-interview dinner).

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you found you were not able to contribute in a team environment   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details -Initial interview was a short on-campus interview
-Second interview was in the office with 2 individuals
-Interview questions were not technical

Negotiation Details – -Unable to negotiate

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details Resume selection is done through campus after which they take around a week or sometimes two to get to you on whether you have been selected. Once you are selected, there are two rounds on campus. Both are behavioral rounds. Once you clear them you are called on site where another two rounds of the same nature take place.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourelf in five years...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Strictly no negotiation.

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process is very quick.

Interview Question – Questions were standard, good conversation in general.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details I applied online and got an email 1 week after saying I got a behavioral interview. Went pretty well and qualified to a second behavioral interview with a partner

Interview Question – Tell me about a conflict you had while working in a multicultural team   Answer Question

Rosslyn, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details The interview process was straight forward

Interview Question – I dont believe there was any unexpected questions because it was based of your skills   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details New Grad Position
First Round: 30 mins with two Managers (1/2 Behavioural, 1/2 Technical)
Final Round: 30 mins with Partner (Behavioural/Fit)
Overall good experience and very accommodating for travel expenses. Make sure to prepare solid examples of your experience and be able to tie them to the position - they seemed to be impressed with relevant concrete examples.

Interview Question – Standard Questions... "tell me about your experience with..."   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through career networking. Got first round interview on campus. Only behavioral questions.

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details Process was simple after the initial interview. If you get invited to dinner, you are pretty much in. Loved their attitude towards entry level position. One of the few companies that realize "yes you are smart and capable and we understand since you never worked in this field that you dont know what to do"

Interview Question – The questions all seemed around how well you react with team members   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt negotiate. But signed in Nov. and they cant start me in Jan. and cant tell me if i start in the Summer or Fall. So basically you're hired...now wait 6 months before you find out when you can starts

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We went through the normal phone screen. The recruiter did a quick walkthrough of my resume and told me about the position. It took about a week to hear back from the hiring manager. The whole process is through your recruiter. The hiring manager lets the recruiter know the go/no-go decision and the recruiter contacts you. Then your interviews are set up and the recruiter lets you know tithe decision. The recruiter will also do the negotiation for you to the partners. Let the recruiter know everything you can think of about yourself that can help get you the best initial offer from the partners.

Once the recruiter let me know I was approved by the hiring manager, I had 4 interviews in the office back to back. They put you in an interview room and the interviewers rotate between all the candidates there. Interviews: Two behavioral interviews (one with a manager and one with a senior manager). One technical interview, but it was just going through my resume and talking about my experiences. The interviewer would pick a line and say "Tell me more about what that entails". You definitely need to know your resume. One partner interview. It was really just a conversation about the culture. It was to make sure I fit in. I was only asked one question and that was "what areas within ERS are you interested in."(Make sure you have done your research into what the area does)

All the interviews were exactly 30 minutes and they stop on time. They were all like conversations. The behavioral interviewers would ask a "tell me about a time when..." question, I would give my answer and then we would discuss how that applies to the job. I was asked questions like tell me how you have handled working with a difficult team member; why Deloitte (everyone asked me this); why this position; tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult client. Because of all the discussion in between and the time limit, I was not asked that many questions from each interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would handle a situation where no senior or manager is available and the client needs an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a offer higher than my current pay and asked for a sign on bonus which I got. I think it does not hurt to ask since they have already shown their interest by giving you an offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP ERS Consultant interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.