Deloitte

Average Difficulty
63 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brisbane

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2009.

Interview Details Easy communication. I was introduced to the partner by a former colleague. We met for coffee to discuss options which was followed by an offer of a job.

Interview Questions

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details - phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
- face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

Negotiation Details – I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details Recruiter call followed by on site interviews with 4 people - 45 minutes each back to back. Call back within 4 business days. The questions focused on business process and situations. No technical questions were given.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame that while managing a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - they said flat out that this was the best package and nothing more could be done

Very Difficult Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details First Interview call , first call would be introductory where recruiter is trying to gage your communication skill and basics of your job knowledge once they are satisfied they refer the candidate to business and business have a telephonic round and in case they like the candidate it is followed by face to face and if that is also a success then it is a telephonic round with the US leadership

Negotiation Details – They were good in offering what i was looking for so no negotiations

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Question – I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details Process spanned over 3 months. 2 calls from US and 2 face to face interviews locally in Hyderabad. 2 more meetings happened with people who were never part of the process I was being interviewed for and had no reason to interview me - they turned out to be "interested parties" later!

Interview Question – Handling change management and a business that is in the middle of transformation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was and I didn't do a good job of it. It helps to know someone in the company you're about to join or know the salary ranges in advance - else, you'll be offered peanuts and will be disappointed after joining only to find that others draw better salaries than you.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None allowed

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details Very casual and informal, but thorough. I was surprised at how calm everyone was as Deloitte has a reputation for being exceedingly type A. Very casual and informal, but thorough. I was surprised at how calm everyone was as Deloitte has a reputation for being exceedingly type A.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte and not one of our competitors? I expected the why Deloitte, but to be asked to say why "not" to the others surprised me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other firm offered a better package.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!