Deloitte

Updated 22 Oct 2014

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2009.

Easy communication. I was introduced to the partner by a former colleague. We met for coffee to discuss options which was followed by an offer of a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte.

Nothing special. Get to know your background and what you're looking to find in Deloitte. Technical knowledge is not what they're focused on as long as you're already in the industry.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   View Answer
    Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Process spanned over 3 months. 2 calls from US and 2 face to face interviews locally in Hyderabad. 2 more meetings happened with people who were never part of the process I was being interviewed for and had no reason to interview me - they turned out to be "interested parties" later!

Interview Questions
    • Handling change management and a business that is in the middle of transformation   View Answer
    I was and I didn't do a good job of it. It helps to know someone in the company you're about to join or know the salary ranges in advance - else, you'll be offered peanuts and will be disappointed after joining only to find that others draw better salaries than you.

Manager Interview

Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question
    None allowed

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

5 interviews in total: recruiter, two managers (together), two sr. managers (separately) and director.

Interview Questions
    • How have you built relationships with c-level stakeholders?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Process took 3 weeks - The behavioral round and phone round interview happened in 2 weeks and was first asked to interview at the face to face interview with the partner and the senior manager

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question
    I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Deloitte Response

Apr 03, 2014Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.