Deloitte

3.1

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Brisbane
Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2009.

Easy communication. I was introduced to the partner by a former colleague. We met for coffee to discuss options which was followed by an offer of a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Three Rounds of Interviews:
    1) With the Recruiter/Talent/HR: usual generalist and behavioural questions
    2) Hiring Manager/Senior Manager/Partner: will look at the details of the experience plus some behavioural aspects (e.g. what will you do if you do not agree with a Partner)
    3) Partner (usually the head of the group): will see if you are a good fit

Interview Questions
    • How will you communicate your disagreement with the Management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
    First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
    Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
    Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer
    Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Recruiter call followed by on site interviews with 4 people - 45 minutes each back to back. Call back within 4 business days. The questions focused on business process and situations. No technical questions were given.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame that while managing a team   Answer Question
    None - they said flat out that this was the best package and nothing more could be done

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

First Interview call , first call would be introductory where recruiter is trying to gage your communication skill and basics of your job knowledge once they are satisfied they refer the candidate to business and business have a telephonic round and in case they like the candidate it is followed by face to face and if that is also a success then it is a telephonic round with the US leadership

They were good in offering what i was looking for so no negotiations

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   View Answer
    Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Process spanned over 3 months. 2 calls from US and 2 face to face interviews locally in Hyderabad. 2 more meetings happened with people who were never part of the process I was being interviewed for and had no reason to interview me - they turned out to be "interested parties" later!

Interview Questions
    • Handling change management and a business that is in the middle of transformation   View Answer
    I was and I didn't do a good job of it. It helps to know someone in the company you're about to join or know the salary ranges in advance - else, you'll be offered peanuts and will be disappointed after joining only to find that others draw better salaries than you.

Manager Interview

Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question
    None allowed

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!