Deloitte

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.1

202 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

There are 3 rounds of interviews. My first interview was with a contact within the firm. The second was an interview with the head of a department. The third was supposed to be with HR, however the opportunity was put on hold. You are interviewed for both cultural fit and domain expertise.

Interview Questions
  • You need to be prepared to demonstrate your passion and articulate that you know what direction you want to move in. There were no specific unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2008.

Intitial interview, case study and then Partner Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

1.Technical round- most difficult - Pure technical by an expert.
    2. Management round- not so difficult- but it also last for an hour or so and would like to know how you delivered in earlier assignment. but these are the questions for what you already did, they were not so difficult unless if its old and you almost forgot things.
    3. HR discussions- not much. they usually provide best in industry so no major discussions on salary.

Interview Questions
    • why you want to leave after spending quite a long time with current employer.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiations.. they given what i asked for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I recruited through my university, there were two rounds on interviews. In the first round there was on behavioral and one technical case. In the second round it was a full day of interviews (combination of behavioral and case)

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

At least 3 phases. This can be after HR Initial first contact. Interviews were a bit vague and was not sure I would make the cut initially. Made it though to onsite with 3 interviews. Technical interview was the hardest as I was not sure what to expect for the position. The other interviews and case interviews were easy. I did prepare before hand. With preparation, there should not be an issue. Focus on Business case.

Interview Questions
    • Questions can be varied across the board. Depending on your expertise, you could be asked about areas you are not as familiar with. It depends on the person doing the interview and what they are more familiar with.   View Answer
    I did accept. However, the recruiting process took so long, I ended up with another job. Expect process to be around 90 days. I really wanted to work for the company. However, I do like the company I have joined currently too. They are flexible in start time, which does help.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2013.

The interview process was drawn out over two months. I was first vetted for one project and then vetted for the bench. First interview was with the recruiter over the phone. A week later the following interview was with a current manager at a potential project location. A month passed before I was called for a face to face in Rosslyn. The face to face was pretty easy. Three interviews that were 30 minutes each. One personality interview, one technical, and one case interview. All were pretty easy as long as you know your stuff.

Didn't have to negotiate. They will only pay 10% over your current salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Hired from campus. 2 interview rounds with mix of cases and fit questions. Resumes were screen from university website. First round included an invite to the local office with 2 interviews: 1 fit interview and 1 case interview. 2nd round included a second invite to the local office with 2 interviews: 1 fit interview and 1 case interview. Notice of offer was made within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Cases are changed annually and are becoming more difficult, with interviewers looking for creative thinking.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

NA - Just glad to have a job

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

The first time ever I was approached by Deloitte (Hyderabad) for an interview was back in 2012. The HR called me, asked for details and fixed a telephonic round next day. There was no call after that.

Another HR called me a week or two later, with the same promise. There was no call again.

Third time, I laughed off the HR who called making the same offer.
    In short, a rather unprofessional bunch. I had to refuse every other consultant who came calling after.

Another of the rounds happened during the last month - July 2014. First they called me out of the blue asking for a telephonic round. While reluctant, I gave them a chance. Same story happened all over again. No call whatsoever.

Second time, they called again. Trying to be reasonable I gave them another chance on the condition, they make a written confirmation on email. While there was no confirmation, this was the first time I got a technical round call. I told the interviewer to reschedule because I was not informed of the interview. His response was - Deloitte is very busy hiring people so there will be a slim chance of a reschedule. I said I was ok with it, if I dint get a chance to work with Deloitte for their own unprofessional-ism. The interviewer said he will talk to HR and get back to me.

Third time, I waited for the call. It came 40 mins after the scheduled time. Finally I did have a technical round but it lasted only 20 mins. (I gave 1 hr gap between interview and the meeting and given they called 40 mins after scheduled time, I could only give them 20 more mins).

Fourth time, I again got a call which lasted 2 mins because the HR had scheduled me for an interview which was not my core technology.

Fifth time, there was no call even after 20 mins the schedule time. HR was apologetic and asked for a reschedule.

Sixth time, was the time which finally broke my patience. There was again no call at the scheduled time and I gave the HR a piece of my mind.

Normally a person shouldn't give these many chances to companies which are totally unprofessional in their behaviour. They treat their time as gold and interviewee's as not worth anything.

My advice stay away from the company which treats people like this.

Interview Questions
    • As I never really got a chance to interview properly, there weren't any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

The company recruits mostly from campuses like India Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Bangalore, SP Jain and Indian School of Business. There are mostly 2 rounds - one behavioral and one case study round.

Not much negotiation done

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!