Deloitte

197 interviews

3.1

197 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

There are 3 rounds of interviews. My first interview was with a contact within the firm. The second was an interview with the head of a department. The third was supposed to be with HR, however the opportunity was put on hold. You are interviewed for both cultural fit and domain expertise.

Interview Questions
  • You need to be prepared to demonstrate your passion and articulate that you know what direction you want to move in. There were no specific unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2008.

Intitial interview, case study and then Partner Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

NA - Just glad to have a job

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

The first time ever I was approached by Deloitte (Hyderabad) for an interview was back in 2012. The HR called me, asked for details and fixed a telephonic round next day. There was no call after that.

Another HR called me a week or two later, with the same promise. There was no call again.

Third time, I laughed off the HR who called making the same offer.
    In short, a rather unprofessional bunch. I had to refuse every other consultant who came calling after.

Another of the rounds happened during the last month - July 2014. First they called me out of the blue asking for a telephonic round. While reluctant, I gave them a chance. Same story happened all over again. No call whatsoever.

Second time, they called again. Trying to be reasonable I gave them another chance on the condition, they make a written confirmation on email. While there was no confirmation, this was the first time I got a technical round call. I told the interviewer to reschedule because I was not informed of the interview. His response was - Deloitte is very busy hiring people so there will be a slim chance of a reschedule. I said I was ok with it, if I dint get a chance to work with Deloitte for their own unprofessional-ism. The interviewer said he will talk to HR and get back to me.

Third time, I waited for the call. It came 40 mins after the scheduled time. Finally I did have a technical round but it lasted only 20 mins. (I gave 1 hr gap between interview and the meeting and given they called 40 mins after scheduled time, I could only give them 20 more mins).

Fourth time, I again got a call which lasted 2 mins because the HR had scheduled me for an interview which was not my core technology.

Fifth time, there was no call even after 20 mins the schedule time. HR was apologetic and asked for a reschedule.

Sixth time, was the time which finally broke my patience. There was again no call at the scheduled time and I gave the HR a piece of my mind.

Normally a person shouldn't give these many chances to companies which are totally unprofessional in their behaviour. They treat their time as gold and interviewee's as not worth anything.

My advice stay away from the company which treats people like this.

Interview Questions
    • As I never really got a chance to interview properly, there weren't any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

The company recruits mostly from campuses like India Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Calcutta, Bangalore, SP Jain and Indian School of Business. There are mostly 2 rounds - one behavioral and one case study round.

Not much negotiation done

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Very straightforward; several phone interviews, then a day of round robin face to face interviews with the directors and senior managers. Total of about 8 interviews for 1 hour each.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember - didn't seem to have any thing that was outstanding   Answer Question
    I was pleased with their compensation which seemed very fair, so I did not negotiate

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

No negotiation available

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

I interviewed as second year graduate student enrolled in an MBA program where firm recruits for both the summer associate internship and full-time senior consultant hires. The process was thorough and covered both behavioral and case interview formats. The actual interview and offer process was completed in less than one week.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter who say my resume on a job board. The recruiter asked me what I was looking for in a career and was generally fairly easy to talk to. No major gotchas. There was a technical phone screening during which they asked about my technical skills. That was fairly easy as well. Detected arrogance in the interviewers voice. They called me in to an "interview night" during which I had three separate interviews with people of varying levels of experience. Two of them were really nice and encouraging. I got the sense they were not really trying to screen for technical skills but more for cultural fit and consulting aptitude. All of them projected an air of professionalism and joviality tinged with a hint of arrogance. They filled my head with dreams of becoming and equity partner in the firm on day. That was a clincher for me. That is how they get you.

Interview Questions
    • Since I have a background in Java programming, they asked me to define a Singleton.   View Answer
    • Case Study - they read it to you. Its usually a case about a company that wants to implement some type of system (ERP, CRM, others) and they ask you how you would manage the project and what considerations are important.   View Answers (2)
    They were tough. I tried to negotiated a higher title and pay. They declined on the title. They did give me a $10K signing bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview with a manager, with a case study, and after another one with a partner. Case study about DCF and valluation. Sometimes, other people gets group dynamic with several case studies to solve.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepare to be challanged on your knowledge about financeira.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!