Deluxe Corporation

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was easy and you just had to show that you were interested in working there

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details Interviews simple and quick. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – Given an object that does not meet its intended purpose, what do you do with it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It did not seem to be a career growth opportunity for me, personally.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Interview Question – Would you be able to start 2 weeks from today?   Answer Question

Print and Component Manager Interview

Joppa, MD (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details Custom Direct was purchased by Deluxe in 2010. Hiring and interview process was stressful as can be expected when there is a buy out.

Interview Question – Whether or not I wanted to accept a job with a company located in MN and CO while working in MD in a building that would eventually close it's doors 3+ years later.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details This was a good process; smart questions

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

User Experience Designer Interview

Shoreview, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details Pretty simple I was placed through Dahl, had a precursory interview but I was essentially locked in prior to interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really. I guess a drug text could trip up some people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I was placed to that was settled prior to the interview

Leadership Position Interview

Shoreview, MN (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details Opening phone screening interview with HR recruiter, interview with VP HR, Round Robin interview with department heads, interview with SR VP (hiring Mgr), three personality profiles, critical thinking test.

Each interview covered somewhat different ground and each interviewer came with prepared questions relevant to the position and required skills. I was difficult to understand why the previous person in the position had not been successful.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. The critical thinking test was a very short version of the Watson Glaser test and several questions were poorly written.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview Details Called by recruiter. Passed recruiter phone interview. Setup face to face on site. Walked in interview room had regional sales manager and my would-be manager in the room.

Interview Question – If a potential sale is reluctant, what are your strategies to overcome those objectives?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. However I do believe some different offers were given based on experience level.

Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Deluxe Corporation

Interview Details The interview was a straight forward multi-tier interview (4 in total) increasing up the corporate ladder. All communications took place over the phone. The entire process took three hours and I started roughly two weeks after the final interview. The questions mostly related to prior experience. I was also required to complete work samples and answer various written questions relating to the position.

Interview Question – How long would it take for you to become a manager?   Answer Question

Sales Service Representative Interview

Sales Service Representative
Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details In my opinion the interview process involved too many phone/face to face interviews. 4 phone interviews and 2 face to face. Although the entire process was completed within two weeks and I did accept the offer in July 2011... positions eliminated Dec 2012.

Interview Question – Was asked to give verbal presentation on six financial service products that they offer, one day to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation as my offer was at the top of the provided salary range.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Deluxe Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deluxe Corporation interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Deluxe Corporation employees and interview candidates.