Deutsche Bank

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?

View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question
    Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

Agile Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Pretty relaxed interview. Questions that were asked were based off of my resume for the most part. For example "Tell me about blank and how you would say it changed you or your outlook." At the end of the interview they give you a chance to ask them any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the time when you are faced with a cultural difference and how did you adapt?   Answer Question
    A set pay scale for the 4-6 months of training and then a salary is negotiated if you are offered a full time position

Intern Interview

Interview and Superdays. it was a good experience and there was a lot to learn and experience. the peopel were very nice and accomodating. technical in interviews. but if your lucky, can get a little bit looser of an interviewer

Graduate Training Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Submitted resume online through college website and got called for an initial interview in NYC. The interview was 30 minutes, 2 on 1 and quite hard. After passing that interview, a final round interview was scheduled for the next day. There were two 30 minute interviews, 2 on 1 the first one and 1 on 1 the second one

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking to go deeper into my answers and it was hard to think of what more to say   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

It is a sophomore program. I got the invitation through email, and it was a first round interview in New York. I interviewed with two people from different industry group. Since I don't have many relevant experiences, most of the questions are behavioral and related to my resume.

AWM Interview

Online application and numerical test
    30 minute competency based interview with 2 associates (Included a brainteaser)
    3*30 minute interviews with MDs, Competency, Technical and a mix

Mostly what you would expect from a bank.
    Didn't get it, in the feedback they said they wanted more technical knowledge (I later found out one of the other interviewees was doing a degree in finance and investment)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the difference between Coca cola and Shell   Answer Question

Technology Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

was reached out to after applying through my university by an alumni. he was very friendly. we had an initial phone call for 30 minutes. He told me a lot about the firm and his own work and gave me a lot of time for questions, so have a handful of smart questions ready. very straightforward interview. asked about my thoughts on a couple of markets.