Deutsche Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets
Sydney

I applied online and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Interview Question – Biggest risk you have ever taken?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate an M&A? Open ended   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Question – Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?
  View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.

Interview Question – Future values of given PV, I, N and PMT.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Corporate Finance

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details online application and specific questions about what makes you the best candidate, why choosing Deutsche Bank, and what do you want after, what do you expect.
One surprising thing is that the HR team there is very efficient, I get the phone call 3 days after the application.

Interview Question – not unexpected but a lot about why DB and what you can do   Answer Question

Inhouse Consulting Interview

Inhouse Consulting

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

Interview Details Application phase took a month.
I was invited to a 3 hour interview. 1,5h with a project manager and 1,5h with a senior consultant.
General questions about my CV, why I want to work for them, leadership experience and questions about their balance sheet.
2 case studies: one about their strategy the other was a post-merger one.

Interview Question – Discussion about their balance sheet   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Depending on which position you are applying for, the skill-set requirement is different. In coverage, you need to be good at communication and relationship management. For trading, I think a good trader has an inherent trading acumen which is difficult to develop. You will know yourself if you have it, and with being aware about the markets in college, you will be able to clear interviews. If you have done a non-financial or non-economic degree,I would advise you to develope basic knowlege of finance, various securities, derivatives and basic concepts of economics.

Interview Question – I was asked a lot of puzzles most of which I was able to answer. I was not able to answer one puzzle but the interviewer didn't worry about it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details Joined under graduate trainee programme. The process takes around 2 months ( Submitted application in September, interview in October, confirmation in November).

Did online reasoning test when applying the job. I was required to take only numerical reasonings back in 2008 but heard that the subsequent years candidates were required to take verbal reasonings too.

Called up by HR for interview 2 weeks later.

Went through 2 sessions yet 4 rounds of interview. The first session was interviewed by two team managers (VP level). Two weeks later, the second session was interviewed by three D level managers, 3 rounds back-to-back (30min each). Had on-site numerical paper test (1 hour) after the back-to-back interview.

Interview Question – "Tell me how do you judge a situation?"   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Within the Quant Institute Interview

Senior Analyst Within the Quant Institute
Berlin (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in July 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter with the "Agentur für Arbeit-Berlin" who works closely with the hiring committee at the Quant Institute. I submitted my application online. I was contacted within a week to hold a telephone interview. The original email invitation was for a phone interview within 5 weeks. But they had made a mistake with the month, and actually wanted to conduct the interview within 1 week. The correction was only made 1.5 days before the scheduled phone interview. If the phone interview had gone well, I would have been invited for their following "recruitment day" which would have involved a test about mathematics (including stochastics), finance and programming in C++. This is what I would consider a classical quant hiring process.

Interview Questions

Tech Interview

Tech

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Good interview and review process 3 rounds of interivew. THen only HR will do the further interview. Lot of questions from HR about the career and attitude, and then only it will be approved.

Interview Question – nothing much   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!