Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?
        View Answer

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2014.

I got the interview by cold emailing the team here, they reviewed my Resume and decided to conduct a 1:1 interview.

The interview was scheduled via email.

I had a pleasant and polite experience in general at their offices pre interview. There were 3 1:1 interviews each lasting about 30-40 minutes.

The interviewers were polite and kept it conversational instead of hosting a Q&A session.

I received a response within 2 weeks via email informing me that I hadn't been selected.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a general discussion/conversation type and a question answer session so it was slightly tricky figuring out what would be the perfect answer.   Answer Question

Global Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

On-campus interview with three interviewers (one on one). Everyone lasted for thirty minutes. Two of them asked behavior questions and one asked technical based on resume and background like delta, gamma, current market news. There were also some brainteasers.

Equity Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2014.

2 hour interview with Managing Directors from New York. It was very intense. If you've read any of Micheal Lewis' books, then you'll know what I mean. I was asked questiosn ranging from my views of the market to what my thoughts were of compliance and Wall Street.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – Resume shortlist through Campus.
    General HR interview, was questioned about my profile

Interview Question – Explain Game Theory

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2010.

The hiring process was pretty disorganized. I was contacted after creating a profile on Monster.com and asked to interview that same week. When I arrived, there was no one ready to speak with me and they grabbed a random low-level employee and asked him to interview me. He asked me to him about myself and then what my strengths were and that was it. I had more questions for him than he did for me. I was brought back for a second round of interviews in which I was supposed to have with two managers, but one was on a trip that week. So I had an interview with one and received a job offer after that.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a higher salary and they said take it or leave it.

Markets and Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2014.

First a shortlist was made based on the resume of the candidates who applied for the post. They mostly shortlisted people with good academics or very good Position of Responsibilities. Then a PPT was held in our campus. In the interviews it seemed like even within the shortlist they had shortlisted some candidates and sidelined other candidates as was visible during the process as some of us had been called in the end and our interviews lasted only 3-4 minutes.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Went through consultant at Pune.Process took almost 2 months. Cleared one technical and HR round. But there is no further communication from last one month. HR seems very lethargic. Communication should be fast otherwise people won't prefer. They have many choices.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!