Deutsche Bank

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?
        View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question
    Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Pretty intimidating setup, as all the candidates waited in a lobby and got taken one by one to interview rooms. 2 vs 1 interviews, mostly fit questions and talking about resume/why banking

Interview Questions
    • Comment on a certain stock/company, how they have been doing recently, and their stock price   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

It was very friendly I got invited by the HR Person for a phone interview and really enjoyed the experience. I had a great conversation with my interviewers it was really kind and professional and had a good time talking.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

TTH scheme, the overall organisation of the interviews was very good, reasonable competency based questions and a very kind interviewer which made the process better. Also employees are very welcoming and help relax the nerves once the process gets started.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The company visited the university campus for selection.Initial Shortlisting was made on the basis of CV, then there were 3-4 rounds of Personal Interview.One technical, one HR and another one was to test your communicational skills.Will ask you speak on anything and everything.

Interview Questions
    • questions on Laplace and Fourier transform and recursive algorithms.   Answer Question

GTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

3 interviews total.
    First round (30 min) with two HR interviewers. They called that evening with their decision to invite applicants back to the final round or to send them home.
    The final round was two 30 min interviews, each with two interviewers. This took place on a Friday and I had a call with an offer that night.
    Overall experience: It was really fun. I enjoyed my conversations with all my interviewers and had a good time meeting and helping the other applicants with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What was your most difficult technical problem?
      What was your biggest problem leading x? How did you communicate that?
      How do you analyze data? What is your experience? What is your approach?
      What is the climate of the market? What recent news do you know about DB?
      Technical questions: Linux, hash maps, scope, java questions, etc. They also had some hypothetical algorithm questions but there was no live coding.
        Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied to DB through my university's career website. I had never spoken with a recruiter or employee of DB beforehand but was offered an interview. The first round interview consisted of standard behavioral questions (name a time you had to lead a group) technical questions relevant to the job (what are the 3 types of joins - didn't know that one) and brain teasers.

Called back within the week, the second round was effectively the same thing with a slightly heavier technical component. I was asked to write an SQL query but nothing more. More brain-teasers in this one as well. Both of these interviews were with two managers each. Took 3 weeks to recieve a callback from that. (Note, this location was growing and was in all-hand-on-deck hiring mode)

Interview Questions
    • Name the 3 types of SQL joins and the differences between them.   View Answer
    Did not attempt negotiation as an intern - good offer the first time.