Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Sydney).

Interview

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Sydney) in August 2013.

Interview

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions

• Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Sydney) in April 2013.

Interview

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Sydney) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Deutsche Bank (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What was a class you took in college that stuck out to you the most?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

DB Pune is trying to build an inventory I guess. They do not have any plans on ground to hire people. They are simply asking you to appear for interviews and confirm about your selection, only to wake up a month later for the next process, which is again an interview.
    Simply because people do not want to spoil their relationship with any company, they are able to get away with such an immateurish behavior.
    I am also not too sure if the HR person calling on behalf of DB is a permanent DB employee or not, so it has become very very difficult for people in Pune to trust DB HRs. I understand they cannot reveal everything to you, but there is a degree of transparency expected out of HRs, when they expect 200% of clarity on everything from us.
    Total Time waste, appear only if you do not have anything else to do in life.

Interview Questions

• General Support Lead Questions for a 12 year experienced guy. IB Questions. Trade Lifecycle.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Fist a phone interview with an HR department followed by two interviews with 3 managers. They were friendly and were mostly interested in my CV after which they got into technical questions about the financial markets and also a couple of question about proficiency in Excel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why in your opinion Deutsche Bank did so well during the financial crisis?   Answer Question

Voice Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Many interviews with different people in many different places in the world. Got interviewed in 5 different sessions, most done over the phone. Spoke of past experiences working in technologies.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked on core competencies question and technician experience.   Answer Question

Train to Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Interview with 2 individuals who ask you basic questions about yourself. Informed me about the process and what the program was. Nothing asked about finance or related to finance. Asked a little about Deutsche Bank and if I have ever heard of it. What sparked my interest to apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you stepped outside your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Associate, Inhouse Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview
    The interview run very fast with a breif introdution from the interviewers talking about their projects and experience.
    The rest is competency-based questions, ask about teamwork, challenges, why bank, why this role, mostly related to personal quality.
    I didn't realise the time is actually very short, and soon went to the wrap up.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion on corporate banking?   1 Answer