Deutsche Bank

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?

View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question
    Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

Group Technology & Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Submitted resume through school career website. Got a phone call about a week later for an onsite interview at DB's headquarter. The interview took about 30 minutes. Basically just went over the resume in details and lots of behavioral questions. There might be some technical questions if you have a tech background.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current challenges the financial market is facing right now?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Went to two interviews. The first was more technical questions and questions about prior experiences on my resume- There were a few problem solving questions as well. The second interview was more about my experience in work related situations: lots of questions like, "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a superior" or "Tell me about a time when you worked with a team and someone did not fully participate."

Interview Questions
    • You have two jugs- a five gallon jug and a three gallon jug. You have an endless supply of water and nothing else. Without using any type of estimation, how would you get exactly four gallons in the jugs.   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Initial interview with HR, then interviews with hiring managers. Competency assessments for numerical and methodical reasoning. Questions based around awareness of banking industry, technology, and experience of university project work.

Interview Questions
    • When have you employed an innovative approach to solving a problem?   Answer Question
    None

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2014.

Submitted application via University Job Posting. 1st rounds are two 30 minute interviews that were purely technical. Some questions seemed as though they were a test of how you did under pressure, as opposed to actual finance knowledge, but it doesn't hurt to actually know all of the answers.

Called back for superday in office. 5 interviews, 20 minutes each. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know you personally. Easily the most enjoyable superday process I had gone through. First round was much more technical than the superday.

Interview Questions
    • -Walk me through an LBO
      -How would you approximate the IRR of an LBO without a calculator?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, all interns are paid the same

Senior Analyst (Ops) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Got a phone call from the UK and then an invitation to a face-to-face interview.The interview went smooth, I was nervous but they made me feel comfortable. I got a feedback the day after. The background screen lasted forever. On the first day they told me I would get a different job from the one I have applied for.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they are not ready to provide a high salary

Technology Analyst Interview

The first stage was the usual stuff. Application form, CV and cover letter. Then there was an online numerical test which was not very difficult. If you were successful, you got invited to the interview in their office. The two interviewers were very nice and they asked no technical questions at all. They were all competency questions. Finally they asked for you question.