Deutsche Bank

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate an M&A? Open ended   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Question – Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?
  View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details Initial phone interview, followed by one-on-one with hiring manager and a round with future teammates. Regional manager was keen to ensure that all prospective coworkers will get along well in the long run.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Operations Analyst
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details Differs for everyone. Know what KPI means, current financial leaders in the market and treasury. Read up on current events and company information. Ask about relocation and availability to move to FO.

Interview Question – What excel functions do you know besides vlookups and pivot tables?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details Was interviewed on campus by two people for a summer internship. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. The second interview was held the following day after the first and they extended the internship offer the day after the second interview.

Interview Question – How many gallons of paint were sold in the United States in one year.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No there was no negotiation. It was more of a take it or leave it case.

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details On campus interview. Pretty easy interview. Mostly fit questions. Asked about my favorite class what not... It went pretty smoothly. Invited back for the final round. There were cocktails the next night. Networking event. It was nice to get to chat with them in a social setting. Then finally an on campus final interview. Again, no technical questions really, which was surprising. Mostly fit questions. They seemed to really like me already and wanted to gauge my interest more so than test me on any technical stuff, which was lucky for me I guess.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do investment banking?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another firm's offer was more enticing

Assistant Vice President Java Developer Interview

Assistant Vice President Java Developer
Cary, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details one HR interview, two Managers interview then show around the place, there are two floors, 1st floor one side seems very tense, where all other floors are more lively, overall nothing special of this place, didn't feel like a fun place working environment

Interview Question – SQL questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – no career growth

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Deutsche Bank

Interview Details telephonic round, technical questions, then hr round which was ok, then negotiation, not much scope in negotitaion its fixed 30% on fixed component, hr not very friendly, very stringent on policies

Interview Question – not anything which was very difficult   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details One hour phone interview, which was a first part of general questions and a second part with technical questions and brain teasers.

The usual brain teasers with clocks, simple portfolio theory questions, and basic properties of brownian motions.

Interview Question – Is the square of a Brownian motion a martingale?   View Answer

DB Achieve Summer Interview

DB Achieve Summer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview Details I found out about it through school career website; two interview rounds, both at their NYC office. First round were managers who conducted very friendly interviews and the final was with senior managers who were more serious and did both behavioral and technical with a slight emphasis on behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How did you conduct a currency trade transaction and how much money did you make/lose?   Answer Question

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!