Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?
        View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question
    Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

IT Test Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Hiring process was good, which was very structured, well planned and overall approach, representation by the bank was good. 3 rounds of interview, 1. Over the phone, 2. 1-1 Interview, 3. Group / pannel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was very good interview, mixture of technical, business and personal ability related topics. Was a good interview over all.   Answer Question
    The negotiation depends on the role, expertise and the need drives ghe negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Recently graduated from university and was approached by a recruiter who outlined to role etc and asked if I would like to apply. After applying I was invited for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was with 2 hiring managers and laster just under an hour. They initially went through my CV etc then asked some more competency based questions. The interview was intense with the interviewers constantly pressing for more to see how I would cope with the pressure I presume.

Interview Questions
    • When have you argued with someone at work and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

First interviewed on campus, then interviewed later on site. The entire process spanned over 3 months. Overall, the people were very nice and I was able to meet with people over multiple days when visiting on site.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Hiring process consists of 2 rounds of interview. First round is a 40 minute interview with a panel of 3 analysts. After you passed the first round, you will be informed of second round interview about a week later. The second round interview (final round) is one day consisting of 3 individual interviews with 3 managers.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

Apply online; phone interview; face-to-face interviews;
    For the online process, there are two aptitude tests, one is verbal another is numerical;
    for the phone interview, someone will call you to arrange a time; The phone interview may be conducted by HR or the people from the division you are applying.

Afk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in October 2014.

There are 2 rounds for the interview - first a ftf interview with 2 directors from the department, followed by the 2nd round which is a series of 2 interviews with different SM.

The interviewers were very friendly and ready to supplement my answers with their opinions. There were however a lot of situational-based questions relating to asset management and strategy.

Interview Questions
    • Of all your previous internship positions, which did you like best?   Answer Question