Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2014
Updated 19 Sep 2014

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?
        View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question
    Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

Global Markets Analyst Interview

On campus interview - 3 people; 1 - technical questions, 2 people - behavior questions
    I haven't heard it back from them yet.
    Behavior questions were very general. Not hard.
    However, technical questions were killed me...

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions were really hard for me. I got some questions from my relevant coursework list.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Very Poor. They are just taking interviews & pushing candidates in other rounds. But after even 3 months not calling them . They are just doing timepass. They wanted to recruit till 2016. So please dont waste your time & energy.

Global Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

On-campus interview with three interviewers (one on one). Everyone lasted for thirty minutes. Two of them asked behavior questions and one asked technical based on resume and background like delta, gamma, current market news. There were also some brainteasers.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – Resume shortlist through Campus.
    General HR interview, was questioned about my profile

Interview Question – Explain Game Theory

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Went through consultant at Pune.Process took almost 2 months. Cleared one technical and HR round. But there is no further communication from last one month. HR seems very lethargic. Communication should be fast otherwise people won't prefer. They have many choices.

Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Laid back interview. Nothing out of the ordinary just behavioral questions. I interviewed with three VP's and they were all very friendly, answered all my questions, and spoke very highly of the company, which I could tell since all three have been there for years. Only thing is you must take an excel quiz and answer finance questions before/after the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deutsche Bank? Contribute to the Community!