Deutsche Bank

Updated 28 Feb 2015
Updated 28 Feb 2015

Corporate Banking and Securities: Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Online application process was fairly long. Ended up getting a call for a face-to-face interview before completion of online testing, although still had to complete it later. Called up to join the Asia team, 2 interviews of 30 mins each.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in August 2013.

submitted application online, no telephone interview which was weird. Received a call to fly me to Sydney, 2 rounds of interviews, 1 behaviour and 1 technical.

Interview Questions
    • Market questions such as:

Describe the quantitative easing and how that impacts the bond market, the interest rate, USD, AUD etc.

Do you know about Basel II and Basel III

What was your last trade and why?

Behaviour: What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Are you a risk taker? Give me an example.

Do you prefer sales or trading? Why?

Biggest achievement?

View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in April 2013.

Managing Director of M&A, tough tough questions, he asked me a lot of questions on different valuation methods. Attitude was friendly tho. Do not recommend any students in a 3 years degree to try that position, you need at least a double degree. One of the question is, Do you get a long with your mother? I was so speechless.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank in March 2010.

Interviewed first by the recruitment agency, then the first company interview was with HR, then the reporting line manager then final step was to meet another Divisional business head who I would work with in the role. Total process was around 1 month

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with ineffective quality from an external consultant?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would develop a marketing campaign   Answer Question
    Asked for my current total package information and offered above that. No negotiation required

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Had a first round over the phone then was flown to NY for a super day. Almost entirely behavioural/resume based. Had a few very basic technicals (DCF, WACC, CAPM), but the focus was on fit. I was surprised by how much the challenged me on my resume, which was a good opportunity to explain what I had done. I learned after the interview that the 2 most important questions were "Why I-Banking" and "Why DB"

Technology and Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

The interview process was not a big deal, I interviewed through my school. They asked typical questions, mostly about my resume and the position that I had been applying for. Most of the interview was checking if the information on my resume was accurate. I thought that they were very nice.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Was largely fit. Asked some accounting questions like what is a deffered tax asset and how would you value a company if no projected cash flows? Told me to prepare for a dinner that night and that he would be seeing me soon, but got rejected same day.

Interview Questions
    • What is something not on your resume?
      Tell me about a time you failed.

Answer Question

Train to Hire Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Received an opportunity to interview for the Train to hire program in jacksonville through the university career fair. The interview process was pretty standard....around 30-45 minutes of questioning with someone from an and a supply chain manager. Asked all behavioral questions for the first 30 minutes followed by any questions I had about the firm / position.

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Apply via their webpage, then if selected you get asked what days you are available. You are then assigned a day and a time.

Once you are assigned a day and a time, you have to call their travel agent and book a train (if you are studying undergrad in the east coast ie Ivies) or plane (if you are farther than that).

You then are paired with 2 interviewers for a Behavioural interview.

Come prepared and have good questions. And I mean GOOD questions. They probably know a lot more than you expect, so use this to your advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself, then asked me to elaborate my activities in more detail   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Submitted online application including cover letter and motivation questions, then was invited to a first round interview at their office with two VP level employees.

The interview seemed quite on the spot, asking questions about my CV and background, then more technical questions which surprised me. They also asked situational questions and questions that would test if you think the right way about risk and decision making.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how Scotland gaining independence might increase Gilt bond yields or decrease bond yields.   Answer Question