Dick's Sporting Goods

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Footwear Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details Had the first interview with the footwear manager, it was a friendly and conversational style interview where they wanted to get a sense of who I was, my interest in sports, and about my customer service.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you showed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Longmont, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2011.

Interview Details I was called regarding my application and was asked to interview the following week. When interviewed I spoke directly to the store manager as apposed to a secondary manager. I was asked questions regarding my prior work experiences, courses which I took while at my University, sports i have played and at what level I was able to reach, following a 1 on 1 with the manager I was asked to take a personality test, which was graded instantly. Following my test results I was hired for .50 cents over their normal pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate pay and position. When offered a position, if you do not like to cashier, make that widely apparent! There are two positions; A, Sales and Cashier; B, Sales and merchandising.

Very Easy Interview

Shreveport, LA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview consisted of a series of questions. Including previous jobs, why aren't you working their now, and why do you want to work for us. They break down what you will be doing on the job and how to do it correctly. They describe how the want the best employees or you will be terminated. The tell you the starting rate of pay and discuss how you will have a chance to get a raise if you apply yourself. They will also tell you the amount of hours you will have each week. Then they shake your hand and tell you they will call you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!