Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer-Service Sales Associate Interview

got a call about two days after i submit an application. went in to speak to the front end manager then store manager got basic questions about sports knowledge and if i was an athlete.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plantation, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2013.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The interview was very laid back. It was a two step interview process. The first one with the manager of the department your applying for and the second one with the store manager.

General Sports Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

one interview after a phone call, a general discussion on work history, many questions about experience in customer service, discussion about the expectations of the job, about an hour long meeting

PGA Golf Professional @ Dicks Sporting Goods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grandville, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2011.

Formal and very informative about the position. Open ended questions, but not difficult. Spoke with the regional recruiter, store manager and district manager during the interview process. They made you feel at ease with the entire process.

No negotiation.

Freight Flow Lead Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

The interview was the same as a new hire. They have to use the company questionnaire and did not use any personal questions pertinent to the individual job offer.

Apparel Associate Interview

They asked basic interview questions. What is a time you experienced great customer service? Name a time you received bad customer service. Name a time you gave excellent customer service? What do you consider the most important part of customer service? They will ask about your sports and fitness history.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what questions I would ask a customer to help them find the product they need.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

3 interviews. 4 week process. Lots of back and forth communication. First interview was with a sales associate advisor. Second was with a team leader. Third was with store manager. All very kind. They just want someone who cares about the customer on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself working in the store?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Dicks Sporting Goods?   Answer Question
    I don't have any work experience so I was offered minimum wage which I gladly accepted.

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got the call on Monday to come in for an interview on Wednesday. I first interviewed with the apparel manager, and the interview was very laid back. He asked about my experience, what my favorite sport was and if I played any, and then asked me some situational questions. It was over in maybe 30 minutes, and it felt very comfortable and natural. At the end he had my take an honesty test which I passed and then he set me up with an interview for the next day with the store manager. He was a little more serious but the interview still felt pretty laid back since he kept getting questions asked at him left and right from everyone in the company. He first went over how big the store was, how many products they sold and what he was looking for in his new hires. Then he "quizzed" me (just a question or two) about my sport, volleyball, asking me what the popular brands were for that sport and what the latest and greatest things were happening in that particular sport. Then he asked me more behavioral questions, and next thing I knew he was calling back the apparel manager and he was saying I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all situational, just be honest! And be especially honest about if you've played any sports. They'll ask you detailed questions about them!   Answer Question
    Minimum wage here is 7.93 which is horrible, but because I have 4 years of experience I was able to get it to 8.50 which still isn't great but better than minimum.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!