Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated 19 Nov 2014

1.9

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2014.

You go through 2 interviews one with a general manager and then the second with store manager. After the first interview you take a online questionnaire. The questionnaire is just situations and if you agree or disagree that it is right or wrong. It's fairly easy, if you have retail experience you will do fine. Just make sure to sit right and make eye contact they love that.

Interview Questions
  • Do you play any sports? When did you give good customer service? When did you go through a challenge with a sport and how did you solve it? What three things are included in good customer service? Are you able to work in more then one department? Are you comfortable asking customers to join a card ?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2014.

Applied online and filled out the form. Submitted my resume with the form online. Was called back within 3 days about an in person interview. 30-40 min interview was offered the job after the interview was completed.

Interview Questions
    • 1-10 how well do you think you could handle yourself on the floor   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The interview process overall was relatively easy. The majority of questions revolved around expertise in athletic equipment and apparel as well as customer service experience.
    The first interview was with an assistant manager. The second interview was with the store manager and the offer followed directly after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in when you received poor customer service. What made it poor? Describe a time in which you received good customer service and what made it good?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The process was relatively straightforward as far as a job in being a sales associate goes. I applied at a store. A few days later I talked to a manager at the store. Then I just had to deal with one person in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience I had in being a salesperson, of which I did not have much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

3 interviews. 4 week process. Lots of back and forth communication. First interview was with a sales associate advisor. Second was with a team leader. Third was with store manager. All very kind. They just want someone who cares about the customer on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself working in the store?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Dicks Sporting Goods?   Answer Question
    I don't have any work experience so I was offered minimum wage which I gladly accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

I applied online and they answered me within 24 hours. My first interview was with the Service Manager. Fairly Easy. They ask you questions about your employment history, your schedule, and about customer service. My second interview was with the Department Manager. They also asked the same questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you easy questions. They ask about employment history, how are you a athlete   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

i applied online, 5 days later i got a call asking for a 1;1 interview it was really easy:) the man was super nice rand the questions were really simple :) loved it