Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.1

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Called for interview a few days after resume submission. First interview was relaxed and casual. Typical interview questions. First introduced to sales per hour quotas. Not sure yet how difficult this will be to meet. Second interview with store manager. Felt manager hadn't reviewed my resume at all and didn't come across as interested in even conducting interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on anything.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I was called by the hiring manager that she found my resume on monster.com and she wanted me to apply on their website and she would give me a call back shortly after to schedule an interview. So I did immediately after the phone call. Well, a few days past by and I never received a phone call back. I called them and asked for the hiring manager and they hung up on me more than once. I finally got a hold of the store manager and she apologized and said she would send the message to the hiring manager that I was trying to reach her. A couple of days went by afterwards and received a phone call from the hiring manager stating that the position was no longer available. I was extremely upset that they did not even give the chance to come in and interview. The hiring manager psyched me up for no reason.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnt Store Marina, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

You walk in and they ask some product knowledge and if you are comfortable with up-selling. They ask you some basic sales questions about how to approach people that may walk in to the store. It was a very simple interview which should have concerned me because the company just wants a live body to replace the last one.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you comfortable not taking "No" for an answer at any time?"   View Answer
    They pay everyone about the same rate, there is no room for negotiation as the more you make, they more ridiculous your quota is.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Applied for the position, literally got a call the next day to set up an interview. I was interviewed by the operations manager. Interview basically consisted of telling him about my work history and experience. He told me what was required to work at Dillard's as a sales associate. Asked me if I was willing to approach people and if I was comfortable starting conversations with strangers. I said yes so he told me he would go ahead and submit the background check. This was on Monday, my first shift was on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable approach customers and talking to them about items?   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate, starting pay is $12 an hour which is significantly better than most retail stores. I accepted it.

Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's.

I was called and asked if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and set up an interview. I honestly cannot remember the questions but I wouldn't worry too much. Once you're interviewed you pretty much have the job. They will have you fill out a computer personality test after the interview.

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Started with questions like,"What do you know about Dillard's?" "Name a time when you faced adversity?" "Which days are you willing to work?" "Which department do you want to be in?" (they never place you where you want to be though). etc.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the one about Dillard's history. The interviewer just stared me down so i kept rambling on hoping that something would satisfy them/   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to negotiate. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint George, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2014.

Too many steps for an entry level retail job. Online application, then a test that requires 45 minutes, then two interviews and a background check, then hurry up and wait. The second interview was the bad cop interview designed to put stress on you. The first was really just to see how you look and if you fit the bill for their company image.

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's.

Craigslist ad--I responded, Cosmetics Manager emailed back, we scheduled an interview. She had a "flair for fashion" form she had to fill out on me. We talked about my clothes and "look." I answered standard interview questions regarding customer service and team spirit type questions. She asked about my availability. The interview ended. About two or three weeks later, I got a job offer from the actual assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with $100.00 in our store?   View Answer
    I just took what they offered, which was $13.00/hour.

Sales Associate Interview

the application is done on the computer and is somewhat intensive. When you go to the interview they ask you very basic questions about what your passionate about in fashion and so on. You then go to a second interview with the assistant store manager and he asks the same questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!