Dillard's

184 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call from 2 different locations within 24 hours. I interviewed at both places, filled out background information and availability forms at one of the locations but have not received a call back from either. I'm going to call today for a follow-up. I brought my resume with me as well.

Interview Question – What do you think a job in cosmetic sales would be like?   Answer Question

Selling Business Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Very comfortable process. Met with the Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and assistant Regional Manager.

Interview Question – None. I was prepared for all questions.   Answer Question

Potential Employee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed at two different locations March 2014. I interviewed at one location on a Thursday and interview at another location on a Friday. I was invited for a second interview that following Saturday at one of the location. The ops manager already knew that I had interviewed for the other location and he had me to sign background consent along with other papers. I am still waiting

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2013.

Interview Details They explain to you about sales goals and the ability to get raises and what not. They also make sure you have sales experience and you have that type of personality to sell merchandise and credit cards.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating phase.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details Basic questions regarding your sales experience and customer service relations experience. Definitely try to understand what the manager wants to hear. If they smile then you are saying the right things. It is good to have a solid job on your resume. Somewhere you have been more than six months.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything difficult in the interview process. The store manager hates a high turnover rate. So if you plan not to stay long in that position, don't make that obvious in your interview.   View Answer

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details A friend recommended me for this job. The interview process was a breeze for. They asked me about my past experiences and why they should hire me as oppose to someone else. When I finished the interview, the assistant manager who hired me told me the head manager was not there. However he told me I could expect to receive a call within the next 2 weeks to start .

Interview Question – Like I said before, it was a breeze.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2013.

Interview Details I went in to fill out an application on their computer, that took about twenty minutes. Whenever I was done there is a phone that you pick up to call a manager, a manager came back and asked what I filled out for and the experience I had. I received a call about two weeks later for an interview. That interview was very informal and I really just got an overview of what I would be doing if hired. I was maybe asked two or three typical interview questions( what would you do in this situation, etc). She told me she liked me and she would schedule a meeting with the store manager. About a week later I received a call to come in to speak with the store manager. This interview was what I was expecting with the first one. I was asked your typical interview questions, every easy( most interviews are the same type of questions). Immediately after my interview with the store manager I met with the manager of the department I was to be placed. We talked and he explained how working on commission worked. I was offered the job about two days later.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any questions that caught me off guard, just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Lancome Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in October 2012.

Interview Details I went into Dillard's and filled out their application on-site. I was immediately interviewed by the store's cosmetics department manager (which was the only department I was applying for); she seemed satisfied with my answers, and I next went into an interview with the store manager. The entire process took about 2 hours; I was essentially hired pending a phone interview with the Lancome Cosmetics Area Manager. She called me later in the day; the phone interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Wanting to know specific sales numbers from my former (relevant/identical) management position that I'd held more than 6 years prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation. They told me what they could pay, and I accepted.

Area Sales Manager Interview

Area Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Promoted from within

Negotiation Details – Shoot for the stars. If you low ball yourself you'll be working for pennies in the long run.

Sales Associate
Macon, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2013.

Interview Details Good hiring process. Go through a lengthy questionnaire via computer in the mgt. office. Then called for an interview. Downside is that they only hire part time to begin with, then full time after 3 months, and you have to meet your quota in order to gain full time.

Interview Question – Question on your previous quota or numbers. From prior job. Did not have that information. So, in other words, how well did you sell and do you have any proof of that.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dillard's

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dillard's interview questions and advice. All 184 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dillard's employees and interview candidates.