Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA US

12 interviews

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2013.

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
        Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in January 2011.

Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer to this line of business?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a conflict with your direct manager?   Answer Question
    The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2011.

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions
    I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2010.

First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2009.

There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2010.

Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Questions
    • If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   View Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!