Disney Consumer Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

Interview Details A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Question – Did you really do all of this work?   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

Interview Details 1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Question – What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
  Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Glendale, CA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in January 2011.

Interview Details Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2011.

Interview Details Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Disney/DCP   Answer Question

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Assistant Manager, Licensing
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

Interview Details first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Glendale, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2010.

Interview Details First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2009.

Interview Details There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Assistant Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2010.

Interview Details Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Question – If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   View Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Undergraduate Associate
Glendale, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

Interview Details I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

Interview Details I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Interview Question – What is your experience   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Consumer Products interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Consumer Products employees and interview candidates.