Dow Chemical

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I was recruited out of college, so the process may vary depending on the stage of your career. The hiring process consisted of an off-site interview, as well as an on-site visit. The interview was behavior based, and standard "STAR" format was the preference for responses. My recommendation is to be prepared to answer the "basic" interview questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, challenging experiences, and demonstration of initiative; having an awareness of these types of scenarios will help you answer any behavioral based question. Additionally, be prepared with questions for the employer, and show initiative and interest; this can help you in demonstrating ability to critically think about the role, opportunities long and short term, and general personal style.

Interview Questions
    • As the questions were behavioral based, I would say to focus on having a clear understanding of and capability to effectively communicate your personal experiences (both professional and personal). I did not encounter any questions that were truly technical in nature, but this may also depend on the particular role.   Answer Question
    The process for reviewing the offer and negotiating was smooth. I felt well communicated to, and responses were timely. Everyone was very open to chatting, discussing freely about the realistic options, and seeking to find a way to meet the needs of both the company and potential employee.

Research and Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

On-campus hiring

Interview Questions
    • In the first interview, among many other questions, they asked me about personal and professional challenges that you have faced during your PhD?   View Answer

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2014.

I was contacted by a job recruiter had a over the phone job interview. Then I came to Dow Chemical for a one-on-one interview. Based on the position, most of the questions were experience oriented.

Supply Chain Interview

interview with 3 other candidates

Research Engineer Interview

It was campus recruiting. The first round was mostly behavioral questions. At the beginning, I was asked to introduce my research for about 3-5 mins. The behavioral questions are standard questions.

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Routine interview questions and easy process to go through. The length of time in days between interview milestones is lengthy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Casual face to face interview with the manager at their innovation center in Champaign. Manager is very nice and open to talk to. Questions nearly all about resume, experience, and about the internship position. Straightforward interview and got response back within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • What is the extent of your knowledge with [programming language]?   Answer Question

Public Affairs Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

First round interview

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2014.

The interview was held on campus and was conducted by two Dow employees. Each employee had a different background with Dow but overall they clearly signified the values that the company stood for. The interview covered my past experiences and the questions were all behavioral. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2014.

First was the phone screening process; where they asked series of basic aptitude questions. Followed by the in-person interview with a group of people; where they had asked all types of question related to the industry, my background, work ethics, technical and personal.
    And then another round of interview, mostly short listed people were asked in-depth questions about my past experience followed by the offer letter. The whole process took about three months.

Interview Questions
    • What do I feel about the future of the company i applied for?   View Answer
    Always negotiate before getting hired and while you receive an offer letter.