Dow Chemical Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
212 interviews

2.9

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2011.

Direct interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I didn't know the answer or how to do a job that was assigned to me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Very welcoming. Felt more like a conversation in both interviews I participated. No difficult questions or ridiculous ones. They all centered around making sure you are the right fit into Dow's culture. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Share an example of a time you knew there was a more innovative or better way to accomplish something, but instead chose not to do it that way, and why did you choose not to do it.   View Answer
    Very friendly. They had an extremely competitive off right away. There was no need for me to negotiate anything. Great company, that stays on promised timeline or even ahead.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2013.

Group Discussion followed by personal interviews

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on process control . challenging questions could be answered using basic concepts   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

The interview questions were were very straight forward for example, tell us about a a time when you had to work with a person who was hard to work with, previous college projects. I think that they mostly look for co-op students who could work for Spring and continues then for summer as well.

EH&S Specialist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.

R& D Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Marlborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Initial resume screen followed by phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your previous position that impressed your co-workers? I got the impression the primary goal of phone screen is to nail down expected salary and past salary. I learned very little new about the position I was applying for beyond what I already knew.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Questions
    • If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question
    Not much unfortunately

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Freeport, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

two part phone interview with the HR staff that ask typical question abut job opportunities and that person do not have any seance with the question just ask question with out any comment or detail so i pass the two or three question because i can not understand the question then face to face interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freeport, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2013.

On campus interview--on site interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you envision your career path at Dow   View Answer
    No negotiation