Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freeport, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

I met a recruiter through my institute's on campus career fair. Briefly discussed my position in school and goals involving a co-op position then handed my resume. Followed up with an online application that also involved another resume submission. Two weeks later I was offered to come in for an interview. I waited a week past the date the interviewer told me I would hear back from them about the interview results, then sent a follow up email inquiring their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation, in which you had a solution to a problem in a group project, but one of the group members did not agree to your solution?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

The interviewer read the questions off her laptop and basically read off a list of questions. I only got behavioral questions in my interview. The interviewer was friendly and shared personal stories.

Lead Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Straight forward process. Had intro discussion with HR where they asked basic questions about my experience, why I was looking, and salary requirements. Then had 4 consecutive 30min discussions with a variety of leaders who each asked situational / behavioral type questions. Each person focused on a different characteristic.

Everyone from HR to interviewers were very nice and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Really know difficult questions. Asked things like " tell me about a time when you had a failure. What happened; what did you do? Learn?, etc."   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

No negotiation possible

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2013.

Applied for job online through website. Got a call back about a month and a half later. There was a panel interview with 3 people. Got a call back the next day saying that I received the job and the next step was to set up a drug test for the company.

Interview Questions
    • How have you personally changed the outcome of a group going in the wrong direction?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for this job, other than hours worked.

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2011.

Direct interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I didn't know the answer or how to do a job that was assigned to me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Very welcoming. Felt more like a conversation in both interviews I participated. No difficult questions or ridiculous ones. They all centered around making sure you are the right fit into Dow's culture. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Share an example of a time you knew there was a more innovative or better way to accomplish something, but instead chose not to do it that way, and why did you choose not to do it.   View Answer
    Very friendly. They had an extremely competitive off right away. There was no need for me to negotiate anything. Great company, that stays on promised timeline or even ahead.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2013.

Group Discussion followed by personal interviews

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on process control . challenging questions could be answered using basic concepts   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

The interview questions were were very straight forward for example, tell us about a a time when you had to work with a person who was hard to work with, previous college projects. I think that they mostly look for co-op students who could work for Spring and continues then for summer as well.

EH&S Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.