Dow Chemical

208 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

EH&S Specialist Interview

EH&S Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.

Interview Question – What area of Dow do you find the most interesting?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

R& D Technologist Interview

R& D Technologist
Marlborough, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial resume screen followed by phone interview

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous position that impressed your co-workers? I got the impression the primary goal of phone screen is to nail down expected salary and past salary. I learned very little new about the position I was applying for beyond what I already knew.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Senior CHEMIST
Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Question – If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much unfortunately

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer
New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Interview Question – Questions were STAR based.   Answer Question

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler Interview

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler
Freeport, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details two part phone interview with the HR staff that ask typical question abut job opportunities and that person do not have any seance with the question just ask question with out any comment or detail so i pass the two or three question because i can not understand the question then face to face interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview--on site interview

Interview Question – How do you envision your career path at Dow   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Reliability Engineer Interview

Reliability Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details I passed a 30 minute screening phone interview. It was very basic and easy behavioral questions. I was then asked to come for a formal interview on site. I drove about 4 hours each way for a one hour interview and a 30 minute plant tour. The interview was a panel of three. The interviewers were nice and professional but it was not very laid back. The interview consisted of more behavioral and situational type canned questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to work through a difficult issue when part of a team. What were the details of the situation? What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Research Chemist
Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2009.

Interview Details 30 yrs ago, College campus interview, invitation for an onsite interview, interviews with multiple teams of several individuals in a couple of departments, job offer immediately (not normal)

Interview Question – why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just discussed salary which is among the top tier of their type of company.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist
Collegeville, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details Did the telephone interview with HR, then after one week, invited me to do an onsite interview in Pennsylvania, the interview went very smooth, people are very friendly as well. They are looking for someone has working experience.

Interview Question – Can you please tell me if I give you a million dollar, what kind of research you want to invest, and why?   Answer Question

Performance Material R&D Engineer Interview

Performance Material R&D Engineer
Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview Details I was first invited to the on-campus, one-on-one, interview. The interviewer was very friendly, general behavioral questions were asked. Three weeks later, I was invited to an on-site visit at Freeport Texas. They paid for all the expenses including travel, lodging, and meals. I arrived hotel on Thursday night. I had breakfast with my host at the hotel. I made a presentation about selected topics from my PhD thesis in the morning, followed by interviews with individual Dow fellows, managers. During the presentation, I got interrupted for a lot of questions so I was not able to finish the presentation, but the interaction between us seemed fine. I had lunch with a young employee who shared a lot of experiences working in Dow with me. In the afternoon, I was interviewed by three other Dow fellows. Conversations were very friendly, some discussion about technical objectives and career in Dow.

Interview Question – What do you think you can make a Patent out of your previous work?   View Answer