Dow Chemical

Updated 14 Nov 2014
Updated 14 Nov 2014

2.9

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Got hired through campus recruiting in the university. Firstly signed up for interview with a recruiter graduated from a university close by. Interview was about half an hour, with mostly questions on graduate school research experience, specialization, problem solving experience etc. A few behavior questions, e.g. how well do you work with a team, how to deal with conflict, etc. Then got an onsite interview with a group of people in the department. 45 min presentation on research, Q&A, followed by 1-on-1s. Overall people were very friendly. Questions were not very hard to answer. Be yourself and be consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were not hard. But once I was given a chemical structure and was asked to design an experiment with it.   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate.

Ph D Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Research and behavior questions

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I met a recruiter through my institute's on campus career fair. Briefly discussed my position in school and goals involving a co-op position then handed my resume. Followed up with an online application that also involved another resume submission. Two weeks later I was offered to come in for an interview. I waited a week past the date the interviewer told me I would hear back from them about the interview results, then sent a follow up email inquiring their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation, in which you had a solution to a problem in a group project, but one of the group members did not agree to your solution?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Campus Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

It was a group interview with 2 interviewers and 4 candidates including myself. We were given around 5 questions and all of us are expected to take turns to answer those questions one by one. The questions were not too difficult except for one which I stumbled upon. The challenging part is to try to not have a similar answer with the other candidates in order to stand out. However, we often end up giving similar answers.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Applied online as well as had a contact within the organization

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you knew you were going to miss a deadline.   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Process took about three months. Started with a phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes. About 2 months later I had a face-to-face interview with the Environmental staff (5 staff members) which lasted about an hour.
    Most of the questions where related to my past work related to Title V permitting and Federal Regs mixed with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation were you and to solve a complex problem while working together with a team.   Answer Question

Lead Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Straight forward process. Had intro discussion with HR where they asked basic questions about my experience, why I was looking, and salary requirements. Then had 4 consecutive 30min discussions with a variety of leaders who each asked situational / behavioral type questions. Each person focused on a different characteristic.

Everyone from HR to interviewers were very nice and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Really know difficult questions. Asked things like " tell me about a time when you had a failure. What happened; what did you do? Learn?, etc."   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

No negotiation possible

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in January 2014.

Met recruiter at a social recruiting event and kept in contact. I received an invitation to interview a couple week after the last meeting. I reached out to a few others within Treasury at Dow. The interview was the only round and was on-campus.

EH&S Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.