DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.2

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in June 2014.

initially you speak with one of DriveTime's National Recruiter to complete a phone interview. From there they will set you up to meet with the hiring managers at the dealership locally. Should that interview go well, they will set you up to complete a interview with the Regional or Market manager. They are not always available to meet face to face so the final interview may be conducted via phone or Skype.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about your drive or career aspirations. DriveTime is big about growth from within and are looking for individuals that have the drive to start a career.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the base salary, it is set across the nation for all Sales Advisors.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in August 2014.

I applied online over the weekend and was contacted by a recruiter the following Tuesday. We set an interview for the next day. The phone screen was relatively brief compared to others I've done but that may have been due to the fact I was coming from a very similar job. The in-person portion was very relaxed and comfortable. Much more of a conversation than a question/answer session. It felt very real and made the company even more appealing. Both interviewers were extremely personable. The process from beginning to the job offer was about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few actual questions. "What do you like most and least about your current position?"   Answer Question
    Don't be afraid of your experience. They seemed to appreciate the straight forward approach to the compensation discussion. I said, "I understand the position pays $xx. I currently make $xx. What do you think is fair?" And so on.

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in July 2014.

Applied online, contacted by a recruited 2 days later. 30 minute phone conversation covering previous experience, career goals, and the opportunity with DriveTime. Interview set up for the next day. Interviewed by one individual, who told me he would decide if I would talk to another individual, and then they would make a decision that day. Neither of these guys was a direct supervisor, which is awesome. Both had come up through the ranks at DriveTime, been there an average of a dozen years and loved their job. I think its great not to interviewed by a direct supervisor, this is a company that clearly wants to develop talent and promote from within. Even their interview process shows this.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I don't recall there being difficult questions. Myself I am not great with very open ended questions, but some people are. There were no STAR questions, it was a lot more like - tell me about yourself, your goals, and how you fit in here with DriveTime. The whole interview felt pretty informal, open, and friendly. I was first asked, "tell me who you are - personally and professionally."   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate for the starting hourly pay. Since I had no experience in a call center, or in the world of collections, I felt it was a good offer. However, after I left the recruiter called me and said they wanted to offer me more money. That is excellent.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in July 2014.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter. There was a phone screening and then brought in for an in person interview and then a second in person interview to meet people outside the IT group.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the pay scale is set.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2014.

I was impressed with the quickness of the whole process, which reflects the company culture of DriveTime. My interview process was concluded in 8 calendar days. I had 3 rounds of interview. First telephonic, second Skype interview and finally an onsite interview.

Telephonic round was relatively casual. It's duration was 16 minutes. It was more like a conversation. They were mainly interested in seeing how I would articulate my background on a very high level. Skype interview was a little intense. The questions were mostly related to Agile Scrum and my past experiences. Also, I was asked some basic SQL questions. The duration was around 1 hour. The interview process culminated with a grilling and long final round interview which lasted for 2 and a half hours. That's right! 7 people spoke to me, 2 at a time. Although the interview was long, it was not as intense as the skype round. Questions revolved around what I know about the company, the industry, Agile Methodologies, my education, the past projects I worked on, and my future aspirations, how I am a good fit for the company and so on.

Interview Questions
    • None (if you cover all the preparation points as per the job description).   Answer Question
    I was already offered a good starting salary for the location--Phoenix, AZ. Nonetheless I still negotiated albeit without much success.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

There were many interviews. The process does not matter if you are internal or external. You will get to talk to many levels of senior management. The longer they keep you, the more likely you are to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for specific evidence of my existing portfolio.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2014.

The job listing and initial phone interview detailed a certain set of required skills. Based on the phone interview - with a member of the hiring department, not an HR screen - I had exactly the skill sets that person needed to join his team. Upon meeting at the firm in person, a different individual on the hiring team drilled me on a very different set of required skills, which I did not have, was not discussed with prior team member, and did not appear on the job listing. Disappointing, frustrating, a waste of my time, and evidence that they are not communicating well.

Interview Questions
    • Numerous queries as to apparently required skills not previously detailed or discussed.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2014.

Drivetime had me talk to a general manager and a sales manager first then later on that same day I met with the marketing manager who told me that I would find out about the decision by the next day. Next day the HR person called and asked me to go to third face to face interview about an hour from my house. The whole time everyone acted like I was going to be hired. After the third face to face interview I was told I would be given a call either way. Next day no call but an email telling me that I didn't get hired. I called the HR person and was told that they choose someone that had more experience. I was told in the first interview that they were looking to hire more than one person. I guess this was not the case.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Drivetime called me back very quickly. I had two interview sessions. The first was with a manager and a team member, and the second was with a wide range of people at all levels of the company. The process was very speedy, and also a lot of fun! Great experience.

Intern - Analytics/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2014.

Pretty straightforward interview process, the interviewer seemed to be mostly going off my resume and questions were mostly focused on my past experience. The interview was initially supposed to be in person, but since I went to school out of state I did it over Skype instead. It helped that I knew someone in the company who I had previously worked with and could vouch for me.

Interview Questions

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!