Duff & Phelps

Getting the Interview

58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Valuation Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Question – Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst

Interview Details Phone Interview and then office interview

Interview Question – resume and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Dispute Consulting Analyst
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in December 2011.

Interview Details Starts out with a phone interview; pretty simple questions, just getting to know you. Then a 4 round 30 minute each in-office interview. Each interviewer asked you some finance-based and behavior-based questions and then allowed you to answer questions of your own. They asked questions about your resume as well.

Interview Question – If company expected that they were going to grow at 5% over the next five years; what ways could you approve or disprove their forecast?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details The manager did screen interview and they dont do sponsorship. The interview was pretty casual, and HR is pretty nice.

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details First contacted them through career fair and applied online. Had a first round interview on campus and the second round interview was at their office. Finally, I received phone calls throughout the process.

Interview Question – I had a group business case question with other potential candidates. It involved working closely with other candidates at first, and then a written portion. Besides that, very behavioral interview questions because nobody expects undergraduate students to be fluent in this field.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They would have been an excellent company to work for. I simply received a slightly better offer elsewhere.

Valuation Advisory Analyst Interview

Valuation Advisory Analyst

Interviewed at Duff & Phelps

Interview Details it was a phone interview. The person was really really nice. both behaviour and technical, very luckly, got to second round.

Interview Question – many questions regarding behaviour, you need examples for each one.   Answer Question

Dispute Consultant Interview

Dispute Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting, and received an email to schedule an on-campus interview. Met with a VP of Dispute Consulting and was asked questions both behavioral based and technical. I suggest knowing how to assess a stock and how you would go about investing in the right one. Be personable and expect to dig deep into your answers.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?
What was the worst presentation you ever gave?
A time you failed?
  Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Dispute Consulting Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through University website. First round of interviews was mostly behavioral questions. Second round consisted of 4-5 in-office interviews. The company took recruits out to dinner the night before interviews. Second round was mostly behavioral but there were a few technical questions

Interview Question – What valuation method would you use to value a company/asset?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Morristown, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Interview Question – Depreciation's effect on financial statements   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview Details 1st round interview was 1:1 on campus. 2nd round was at their office in Chicago.

Interview Question – How do you get equity value from enterprise value?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duff & Phelps

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!

Duff & Phelps Videos

Duff & Phelps – Why Work for Us?

Sound decisions start with Duff & Phelps Here at Duff & Phelps, we know what it takes to power sound decisions: collaboration, expert training and insight. But ultimately, it all comes down to the human element: our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duff & Phelps interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Duff & Phelps employees and interview candidates.