Dunkin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly

Interviewed at Dunkin

Interview Details On Campus Recruiting - someone came to my college and handed him my resume. Was called for an interview at their headquarters. Took a cab there, met a few people and they let me know within a week if I got the job or not. Great atmosphere there, it is like a family run place even though it is a billion dollar corporation

Interview Question – There were no technical questions, only behavioral   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager IT Interview

Project Manager IT
Canton, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dunkin in June 2014.

Interview Details The process took nearly two months. It started out with a writing test and then a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. It then went on to a 1:1 phone interview with the HR point of contact. Next, I had to do a recorded video interview. Next a personality test that consisted of 12 pages with 30 questions per page. This was followed by an IQ test. IQ and Personality test are part of your interview score and it is illegal according to the supreme court to do so as it is considered a discriminatory practice.After a few weeks, I had a face to face in Canton, MA. The hiring manager messed up my interview schedule and admitted to me she had only ever managed 3 projects vs. my 8-32 per quarter. She said I had too much Fortune 500 experience. It took them 1.5 weeks to get back to me to tell me that I was too big of a fish and would not be able to swim in a little pond, which was extremely short sighted and insulting. I was told I was the top candidate throughout this entire process. It took them two months to figure out they did not want their top candidate. Enough said.

Interview Question – What is a Horse?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Canton, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin in April 2010.

Interview Details I was initially contacted through a recruiter. I did an initial screening with HR by phone and that was followed up by two on-site interviews. The first of the on-site interviews was with HR and the hiring team. The interviews were entirely behavioral. The second on-site interview was with the hiring director and the VP. Again those interviews were behavioral and not particularly hard. I think that they were mostly looking for fit.

Interview Question – None really, the interviews were all behavioral.   Answer Question

Field Ops Manager (Corporate) Interview

Field Ops Manager (Corporate)
New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dunkin in January 2009.

Interview Details The process started via phone interview with the recruiter then Human Resource Manager. The people were very supportive and helpful, but, the process between interviews took several weeks. Then in person interviews occurred with my direct supervisor and his boss and then another peer before a hiring decision was made. The overall process took several months, this process also included speaking to current employees and visiting restaurants which really was a big help in understanding the job I would be doing. Everyone was so friendly, for me that made up for the long interviewing process.

Interview Question – Trying to explain your reasoning for leaving previous companies and why you really want the job can be a very difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation, the offer was as is

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Field Marketing Manager
Canton, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin.

Interview Details Very quick. One interview with VP and I had an offer.

Interview Question – Specific question about the challenge of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.Got a good offer and sign on bonus.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin.

Interview Details I had a phone interview at first and it was very formal and uncomfortable. Then I finally was able to come in for a 1:1 interview as well as a group interview, twice. Both in person interviews went very well once I met the people who I would eventually work with. The phone interview and initial meeting was conducted by a recruiter and didn't seem to have any knowledge of the company and was not very friendly, nor was the HR Manager that I met with.

Interview Question – What is the biggest problem you've ever encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate due to the fact that I was unemployed

Field Ops Manager Interview

Field Ops Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dunkin.

Interview Details Applied and was contacted by a recruiter (I think third party on their behalf) for a phone interview. That went well, but when you do a phone interview with a recruiter you really have to work hard to mess it up. Recruiter then tried several times to setup interviews with next level managers, but their travel kept postponing the process and I started to wonder if the position had any value. Finally able to interview in person with Ops Director and VP and those went well. Then another phone interview with the HR rep who made it her mission to try and trip me up. Ops Director called about a week or so later with an offer. Little did I know that the company would jerk me around, constantly changing my territory and not getting a raise or promotion. Work/Home life is now way out of balance and pay trails comparable positions. Directors come and go based on the person at the helm. Right now that means Dunkin' Brands is the second home of former Papa John's management.

Interview Question – What are some examples of how you used pursuasion to get a group of people to complete a task?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Dorchester, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in May 2010.

Interview Details I went in for a one on one interview after applying in the store. The district manager interviewed me and was very nice. It was my first real interview so as unprepared as I was, it wasn't that bad. He asked about availability, work ethic, how I work in groups, how I take direction, how I deal with authority, and how fast of a learner I am. Most of the questions were directly related to how things would be in the position. He made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to. After he had asked me everything and I asked him a few questions, he told me I was hired and gathered the papers for me to sign. Easy!

Interview Question – How will you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin in October 2008.

Interview Details Interviewed with Owner on the phone.
Interviewed with Operations manager on the phone.
Interviewed with Inventory manager on the phone.
Interviewed with investors and owner together on the phone.
Interviewed with owner and operations manager in person.
HIRED. No background, no drug test although those are now being implimented.

Negotiation Details – Yes able to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Worcester, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in March 2008.

Interview Details the interview consists more on the customer service, how friendly and communicative person you are
also they see how reliable you are and how hard you work
past experience in the restaurant business is very important
they also call your previous employers to ask about you

Interview Question – how you handle a customer complaint   Answer Question

Worked for Dunkin? Contribute to the Community!