DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated 23 Mar 2015

2.4

Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2012.

No interview. Applied for the position on the company web site. In processing was conducted via email: Medical Records, Security Clearance, Passport Copy, Direct Deposit, Flight Tickets.

No negotiation.

Fuels Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2012.

Hiring process includes sitting through hours of power point presentations and a physical if you can make it through the power point slides and the physical your hired.

No negotiation phase one set offer despite years of experience and certifications

Material Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2012.

The recruiter goes based off of your resume. They ask you if you are familiar with SARSS. That is almost the only thing they care about. Not too many questions or than that. After the interview, the recruiter will send your resume to the hiring manager where he/she will decide if they want to hire you. (Takes about a few days) then you will receive and offer letter in your email. You sign, send back and everything else is too easy. Start your medicals and you're pretty much off to in processing in Dallas Fort Worth

Interview Questions
    • None. They pretty much trust in you just from your resume   Answer Question
    There really is not negotiation. Its take it or leave it.

Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2012.

First contact with the company was via a e-mail from a senior recruiter after I had applied approx. 2 months before. 3 days after I responded to the email answering a couple of questions I received a call from the recruiter asking me a couple of affirmation questions. Also received a call from the hiring manager in theater affirming some prior work experience. So from the first e-mail to the last phone call the process took about 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were selected, would you be able to leave the country within 2 weeks? If not, why?   View Answer
    • Do you have a current passport? If yes, when does it expire?   View Answer
    The salary was non-negotiable. It was less than I had hoped for but still seemed adequate.

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in April 2012.

I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   View Answer

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

WRM Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

Flew to Va, talked for about 30 minutes about the program, experiences with the War Reserve Materiel program and managing people. Asked about education, salary expectation and if I was comfortable with working under contract

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of the program. Prior military experience. Prior management experience   Answer Question

Desk Top Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Security Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question
    No negotiation since is a contract job