EMC

410 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Practice Manager Interview

Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at EMC in February 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was torturous. As well as the immediate manager you have to meet with the business unit leadership PLUS any other business unit heads that you may have to connect with. For me this meant NINE meetings - which I have never experienced before even for more senior roles.

Interview Question – There weren't any. Most of the meetings were "box-ticking" exercises. One guy even did his email while we chatted (said he was taking notes).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were pretty good - they accept that they need to offer as much as they can when you join as they have no idea when you might get a substantial increase.

Associate Storage Operations Specialist Interview

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details Quick and straight forward, with a phone interview and a face to face interview. Interviewers are very well prepared, and direct with questions.

Interview Question – Very detailed questions of past experiences and difficulties   Answer Question

IIG Country Manager Interview

Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Interview Details Initial interview with hiring manager
Second interview with Country Manager
Follow up phone call with Country Manager to finalise questions
Third interview with HR
Fourth interview with business unit manager (would-be peer)
Fifth interview with existing acting IIG Country Manager
Final interview with VP of IIG
All interviewers were friendly, pleasant, open and welcoming

Interview Question – Have you done any professional personal development e.g. emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Consultant
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Interview Details Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
- One-on-one with the hiring manager
- Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
- Personality with executive 1/2
- Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Question – What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.

Training Administrative Interview

Ballincollig (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2010.

Interview Details 1. CV 2. Panel Interview 3. Selection

Interview Question – What don't you like about EMC? totally unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details refer by a friends' friend, very quickly got a phone call from HR, after that I had 1 phone interview, then following with 4 rounds on-site technical interview.

Interview Question – Singleton pattern in java   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in January 2014.

Interview Details Great interaction with recruiter, was invited to on-site interview, EMC covered all travel expenses, interviewed with 6 different individuals, each interview was 30 to 45 minutes. Would advise anyone to bring a bottle of water and a cereal bar to an interview. Arrive early, easy to get lost on the wide-spread campus and cubicle maze.

Interview Question – Explain how to convince hesitant executives to pursue your proposal.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details Contacted quickly after applying. Two to three or possibly more interviews depending on technical complexity of the product. Mix of technical and managerial interview scenarios, many or all conducted same day. Traditional company environment, so dress to impress.

Interview Question – Why do backups take twice as long to complete.   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

Interview Details I had 3 interviews, 2 with the hiring manager, and an informal interview with the team I was going to be working with. Focus of the interview was on Customer service and problem solving. Remember, solving a problem does not have to be complex.

Interview Question – What would be my legacy. Some people do not even have a 5 year plan talk more of legacy. Have a 5, 10, 18, 25, retirement and legacy plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but don't get stuck on the base pay because you get tuition reimbursement and mileage reimbursement.

Field Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details Hiring manager didn't seem interested at all being at work the day of the interview. Met with me and told me to wait. Disappeared for 10 minutes and then came back to get me. Interview had mixed feelings. Couldn't tell how it went really. Came of as they already picked someone for the job and felt obligated to interview me. Had not had any communication until after a few emaila about the position. Didn't get it but would have been nice to have known.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC interview questions and advice. All 410 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.