EMC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.9

Senior Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at EMC in February 2011.

The interview process was torturous. As well as the immediate manager you have to meet with the business unit leadership PLUS any other business unit heads that you may have to connect with. For me this meant NINE meetings - which I have never experienced before even for more senior roles.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Most of the meetings were "box-ticking" exercises. One guy even did his email while we chatted (said he was taking notes).   Answer Question
    They were pretty good - they accept that they need to offer as much as they can when you join as they have no idea when you might get a substantial increase.

Associate Storage Operations Specialist Interview

Quick and straight forward, with a phone interview and a face to face interview. Interviewers are very well prepared, and direct with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions of past experiences and difficulties   Answer Question

IIG Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Initial interview with hiring manager
    Second interview with Country Manager
    Follow up phone call with Country Manager to finalise questions
    Third interview with HR
    Fourth interview with business unit manager (would-be peer)
    Fifth interview with existing acting IIG Country Manager
    Final interview with VP of IIG
    All interviewers were friendly, pleasant, open and welcoming

Interview Questions
    • Have you done any professional personal development e.g. emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
    - One-on-one with the hiring manager
    - Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
    - Personality with executive 1/2
    - Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interviewed with hiring manager and 3 other individuals. Have worked there in the past and they are familiar with work style. Other companies interviews were more high pressure, I think this was mostly a formality to get past since I have worked with a few and had good recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • How was your experience with x department working here in the past? What are some improvements that could be made?   Answer Question
    Waiting for the formal offer but have been told will be getting one.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in September 2014.

1 MCQ round
    2 interview rounds-1 tech + 2 HR
    The MCQ round contained 60 questions-30 logical ,30 technical(computer concepts)
    Interview rounds mainly focused on the basic knowledge of various computer science subjects , like Networks(my project was in networks),Operating systems(not much), and a coding question on data structures(related to trees) .
    HR interview didn't take long (10-15 minutes).
    THe interviewers were nice 2 us and helped me wen I was stuck in a coding question

Interview Questions
    • zig zag level order traversal of the tree . I did it using data structures(stacks and queues . Then I was asked to do it using normal recursion . Was stuck in the middle .   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Quality Program Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EMC.

Phone interview was promising but follow up was somewhat difficult. I got a call right away from the HR manager but was told the hiring manager was on vacation. I followed up the next week and was then told that the manager was away for two weeks, not one. I followed up again the week after that and was told that they were leaning toward a candidate that had interviewed prior to the manager going away.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a contributor was difficult, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!