EMC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Senior Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at EMC in February 2011.

The interview process was torturous. As well as the immediate manager you have to meet with the business unit leadership PLUS any other business unit heads that you may have to connect with. For me this meant NINE meetings - which I have never experienced before even for more senior roles.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Most of the meetings were "box-ticking" exercises. One guy even did his email while we chatted (said he was taking notes).   Answer Question
    They were pretty good - they accept that they need to offer as much as they can when you join as they have no idea when you might get a substantial increase.

Associate Storage Operations Specialist Interview

Quick and straight forward, with a phone interview and a face to face interview. Interviewers are very well prepared, and direct with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions of past experiences and difficulties   Answer Question

IIG Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Initial interview with hiring manager
    Second interview with Country Manager
    Follow up phone call with Country Manager to finalise questions
    Third interview with HR
    Fourth interview with business unit manager (would-be peer)
    Fifth interview with existing acting IIG Country Manager
    Final interview with VP of IIG
    All interviewers were friendly, pleasant, open and welcoming

Interview Questions
    • Have you done any professional personal development e.g. emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
    - One-on-one with the hiring manager
    - Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
    - Personality with executive 1/2
    - Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

First get a call from HR for technical interview discussion,then 2 technical interview,manager round and then followed by HR.Interview was an average. Mostly question are related to my past experience.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC.

First was an HR interview, the typical HR questions, very easy.
    Then was with hiring manager, no technicalities asked was more about the personality.
    Then 2 interviews with the department manager and the GM, also general talk.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all, job doesnt need any particular set of skills.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

1. Communication Round : Moderate
    2. Apti + technical : Moderate
    3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
    4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
    5. Managerial Round
    6. US HR round

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Program Manager Interview

interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview process was relatively simple, met with hiring director. Then a phone interview with a staff member and job offer was extended. A simple process all in all.

Interview Questions

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!