EMC

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.9

Associate Storage Operations Specialist Interview

Quick and straight forward, with a phone interview and a face to face interview. Interviewers are very well prepared, and direct with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions of past experiences and difficulties   Answer Question

IIG Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Initial interview with hiring manager
    Second interview with Country Manager
    Follow up phone call with Country Manager to finalise questions
    Third interview with HR
    Fourth interview with business unit manager (would-be peer)
    Fifth interview with existing acting IIG Country Manager
    Final interview with VP of IIG
    All interviewers were friendly, pleasant, open and welcoming

Interview Questions
    • Have you done any professional personal development e.g. emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Senior Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2011.

The interview process was torturous. As well as the immediate manager you have to meet with the business unit leadership PLUS any other business unit heads that you may have to connect with. For me this meant NINE meetings - which I have never experienced before even for more senior roles.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Most of the meetings were "box-ticking" exercises. One guy even did his email while we chatted (said he was taking notes).   Answer Question
    They were pretty good - they accept that they need to offer as much as they can when you join as they have no idea when you might get a substantial increase.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
    - One-on-one with the hiring manager
    - Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
    - Personality with executive 1/2
    - Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

spoke to someone in a career fair and a couple of weeks later got an email to schedule an interview
    they were very flexible on me having to reschedule due to being sick

Interview Questions
    • asked to switch the values in two variables without creating a third variable   View Answers (3)

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

In order: Short phone screen with talent acquisition specialist, short phone interview with division leader, programming test, in-person interview. The team leader of the Watch4net division seems to really care about his employees and likes to maintain a good working environment. Programming test performance, ability to fit in to the group, and bilingualism are probably the most important traits here.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

I applied through school career link and got the first interview two weeks later. The interview is more like a behavior one and goes very smoothly. Then I was told two days later for a second interview with the people in the group. It is also a behavior question and lasted for 30 minutes. I got the final interview one week later and then got the offer. The whole process is very smooth and the hr is very professional.

All of these interviews are conducted by phone.

ITLP Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Two step process, one phone screen and a round robin interview at their global headquarters in Hopkinton MA. All interviewers were people within the company, not recruiters. Be prepared to discuss time you have failed.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, did not feel the need to negotiate.

Temp Shipper Final Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EMC in November 2014.

This was through Manpower, seasonal, filled out all the forms on line etc. Went in to meet with shift boss. Was asked one question. 'Had I ever been in the building before?' After that no more questions. No getting back to me by Manpower. No feed back. Nothing. Ok I'm over fifty.
    I worked in a cabinet shop I can lift stuff all day long, What gives?

Interview Questions
    • If there is No question it s a hard one to answer.   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC.

The hiring manager found my resume on Monster and called me. This was basically a phone interview. We went over my experience, what type of challenges i'm looking for, salary range and employment interests. At the end of the call he asked me to come in for an office interview that week. When i arrived, he met with me briefly explaining to me the process and that i would be interviewed by a few team members and then him again. I met the team lead, 2 QA engineers and the Director. Each had their own set of questions but I found them to be pretty basic. As in, search 'typical interview questions' on google and that was pretty much what they asked. At the time I had 10 years of exp in this field, so I felt very comfortable with whatever questions they asked me. I was honest with what I knew and what i didn't know. I met with the hiring manager again and we talked for a bit longer. He told me that they would be in touch with me in the next couple of days. I then got a call from the HR department and she gave me another little interview. Gave me an offer and i verbally agreed. Waited over the weekend and that Mon received a Fax with the official paper work that i signed and faxed back. Put in my 2 weeks notice and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any real difficult questions. The ones i find annoying are the abstract "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of questions. They just want to see if you're going to stick around. or that you have any other ambitions to improve yourself. One of the questions I like to ask the hiring manager is whether that company likes to see people move around within the company or do people tend to stay in the same spot for 10 years. That gives me some insight into what the company mentality is and helps me answer the annoying questions.   Answer Question
    Easy. I estimated 15k higher than what i was getting (65k) and they matched it + 1K more.