EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Practice Manager Interview

Senior Practice Manager
Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at EMC in February 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was torturous. As well as the immediate manager you have to meet with the business unit leadership PLUS any other business unit heads that you may have to connect with. For me this meant NINE meetings - which I have never experienced before even for more senior roles.

Interview Question – There weren't any. Most of the meetings were "box-ticking" exercises. One guy even did his email while we chatted (said he was taking notes).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were pretty good - they accept that they need to offer as much as they can when you join as they have no idea when you might get a substantial increase.

Associate Storage Operations Specialist Interview

Associate Storage Operations Specialist

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details Quick and straight forward, with a phone interview and a face to face interview. Interviewers are very well prepared, and direct with questions.

Interview Question – Very detailed questions of past experiences and difficulties   Answer Question

IIG Country Manager Interview

IIG Country Manager
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Interview Details Initial interview with hiring manager
Second interview with Country Manager
Follow up phone call with Country Manager to finalise questions
Third interview with HR
Fourth interview with business unit manager (would-be peer)
Fifth interview with existing acting IIG Country Manager
Final interview with VP of IIG
All interviewers were friendly, pleasant, open and welcoming

Interview Question – Have you done any professional personal development e.g. emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Consultant
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Interview Details Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
- One-on-one with the hiring manager
- Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
- Personality with executive 1/2
- Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Question – What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details First was an HR interview, the typical HR questions, very easy.
Then was with hiring manager, no technicalities asked was more about the personality.
Then 2 interviews with the department manager and the GM, also general talk.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all, job doesnt need any particular set of skills.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Associate IT Generalist
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

Interview Details 1. Communication Round : Moderate
2. Apti + technical : Moderate
3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
5. Managerial Round
6. US HR round

Interview Question – How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Program Manager Interview

Technology Solutions Program Manager

I interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was relatively simple, met with hiring director. Then a phone interview with a staff member and job offer was extended. A simple process all in all.

Interview Question – How technical are you?   Answer Question

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Software Quality Engineer
Louisville, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
  • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

CollegeStudent Interview

CollegeStudent

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2014.

Interview Details I was first contacted at my college career fair and I made great conversation with one of the representatives who then decided to take two of my resumes and put one in a general application pool and the other in his departments own application pool. I contacted them the next day to make sure they got my application after applying online and to show initiative. I had a phone interview not too long after this maybe 2-3 weeks later while maintaining contact with the company. The phone interview was the only interview I had and in this they just wanted to know my interests and to get a more detailed look into what I do and why. I was told that they were going to move forward with other candidates so I asked the manager what I could improve on in my interview or skills and he said I was great in everything except talking about what I knew about EMC. I was contacted several months later and was asked if I was still interested in the job so I accepted the position and I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity.

Interview Question – Make sure to do your research on a company it really pays off to do a simple google search and try to get an understanding of their products or what they do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything I felt that the pay was more than fare for a college intern, and the vacation days were nice.

Dispatch/Scheduling Interview

Dispatch/Scheduling
Draper, UT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted after a week to schedule a phone interview. Called right on the dot, asked regular questions. passed to the on site interview. Manager who was interviewing was 20 minutes late, very unorganized.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic. Asked about how do you deal with stress, Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!