EMC

EMC Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

Associate Storage Operations Specialist Interview

Quick and straight forward, with a phone interview and a face to face interview. Interviewers are very well prepared, and direct with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions of past experiences and difficulties   Answer Question

IIG Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Initial interview with hiring manager
    Second interview with Country Manager
    Follow up phone call with Country Manager to finalise questions
    Third interview with HR
    Fourth interview with business unit manager (would-be peer)
    Fifth interview with existing acting IIG Country Manager
    Final interview with VP of IIG
    All interviewers were friendly, pleasant, open and welcoming

Interview Questions
    • Have you done any professional personal development e.g. emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Senior Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2011.

The interview process was torturous. As well as the immediate manager you have to meet with the business unit leadership PLUS any other business unit heads that you may have to connect with. For me this meant NINE meetings - which I have never experienced before even for more senior roles.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Most of the meetings were "box-ticking" exercises. One guy even did his email while we chatted (said he was taking notes).   Answer Question
    They were pretty good - they accept that they need to offer as much as they can when you join as they have no idea when you might get a substantial increase.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
    - One-on-one with the hiring manager
    - Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
    - Personality with executive 1/2
    - Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

On campus interview and then in the office! In the office was overwhelming as it was with all other top applicants, but was great because you talking with a variety of employees.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral experiences and how you would handle things there.   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

Brief interview during campus career fair followed by mass onsite interview followed by interview with specific team. After completing 3 rounds of interviews, I got a verbal offer but it took almost 9 months before the written offer was extended. In the interim, the position was put on/off hold several times so it was a bit frustrating. EMC was the first place I interviewed and the last place I heard back from, only after I had other offers to consider.

Associate Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in February 2015.

GD, general aptitude(analytical & logical), 2 technical interviews, 1 HR round. No technical questions were asked in technical interview, questions were only from your resume. They concentrate more on your communication skill and interpersonal skill. The whole process took a day.

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at EMC.

I was contacted by EMC couple of months after leaving my cv on LinkedIn. I applied and had a phone/video interview that took about 1,5 hour. Lots of to expect questions where I was asked to give examples of how I dealt with those situations. After doing a couple of interviews you know what to expect so my advice would be to begin with companies and positions you find the less attractive. This way you can prepare for the one's you really like.
    With these things I always find it hard to know if you're on the right track and doing well... but apparently I did great cause they called me back to get references with is the last step of the recruitment process Part of the interview was a role play doing an sales call.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a work situation where you had to work with a coworker that you didn't like and what result came of this?   Answer Question

Personal reason

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

There were two different interviews with the second round being speed-dating style on site, and the first being a 1:1 interview on campus. Mainly just behavioral questions and questions on resume. Nothing too tricky. The interviews were very conversational and not as structured as usual, which was a breath of fresh air.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

operating system / networking related questions. grilling interview. answered all the questions. oo, UML related also. overall the process was smooth, contacted by HR first and then contacted by the interviewer. very good hr.