EY

Updated 3 Dec 2014

3.1

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
  • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The process started with an online application followed by online quiz and situational test. After this there was an assessment centre with a group task with about 4 others. This was followed up by an interview. However some candidates had their interview before the group task.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one client to work with who would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Well structured interview process with prompt communication from HR. Partners are really nice and down to earth and truly want you to succeed in the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you have worked overseas and had to overcome culture shock   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Very well organised interview process. Consultant interview, Manager interview and Partner interview. Followed by online skills test. Followed by in-person practical day.

Interview Questions
    Offer was couriered to me the next day, accompanied with a personal phone call to inform me of the good news.

Consultant Interview

Very simple.. It was easy getting into this company if you have prior Big4 experience. The interviews are normally one round with senior manager and then a partner approval is taken. Normally it is quick process in my opinion.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

around 6 rounds of interviews, 1 apti including excel tests, 1 written test, 3 technical rounds and 1 HR - They test you for your knowledge in excel so make sure you are thorough with basic excel functions and shortcuts

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

An indian recruiter talked to us in the career fair, and asked us to interview with him. He was very assuming and disrespectful to students from other origins except from India. I heard that all the Indian students interviewed by him all went to the next rounds.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

The interview process with EY MENA took about 15 weeks overall. 3 weeks after sending the online application i received 2 online tests to do (english and logical). 8 weeks later i received a phone call to invite me to the assessment day in their office. During the first part of that day i did a group case study along with other candidates. The second part was a one on one interview with a partner( normal behavioral questions + questions about my past experience). 10 days later you reveive either an offer or a rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you faced difficulties/problems/obstacles while working/ studying and how did you overcome these obstacles.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
    • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
    I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.