EY

Average Difficulty
62 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Question – No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about your dream job   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details The process started with an online application followed by online quiz and situational test. After this there was an assessment centre with a group task with about 4 others. This was followed up by an interview. However some candidates had their interview before the group task.

Interview Question – If you could pick one client to work with who would it be?   Answer Question

Adelaide

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Well structured interview process with prompt communication from HR. Partners are really nice and down to earth and truly want you to succeed in the interview process

Interview Question – Explain a time you have worked overseas and had to overcome culture shock   Answer Question

Adelaide

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Very well organised interview process. Consultant interview, Manager interview and Partner interview. Followed by online skills test. Followed by in-person practical day.

Interview Question – Questions were fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was couriered to me the next day, accompanied with a personal phone call to inform me of the good news.

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied through college or university and the process took 1 month - interviewed at EY in June 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to work as a Consultant at EY.

Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the EY Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Question – I would say to anyone that applies at EY just stay calm and try to answers all the questions no matter what in your unique way   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details Be prepared for all kinds of questions in your space of excellence and normally there 3 to 4 rounds of interview. Have your technical skills sharpened and also be aware of the current scenario.

Interview Question – Co-relate your future and your present through EY   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Interview Question – They were antagonist about my law background.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details 1. Group Interview
2. HR and Manager Interview

Interview Question – Estimate the value of the shoes market in italy   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details There were 4 rounds. 1. Communication-where i had to speak for a minute on a topic. 2.Written test-most of the questions were based on auditing as i had applied for the assurance dept. & also on sending emails, a few case studies. 3.HR round-friendly pple, most easiest round. 4.Technical round-Be sure u know the acctg stds & auditing stds and ur resume inside out.

Interview Question – what would you do if someone in your team is not willing to work because he is just bored   View Answers (2)

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!