EY

EY IT Audit Staff Interview Questions

3.3

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Audit Staff Interview

Phone interview then in-person with 4-5 people. Phone interview has some behavioral questions, then tell me about yourself, why the company, position, etc. Same thing as in person and throughout, so the answers should be well prepared.

Interview Questions
  • Case study, use a framework to describe the issues and path toward a solution for ABC company having XYZ problems.   Answer Question
None whatsoever.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

IT Audit Staff Interview

4 interviews and a lunch / less formal interview. 3 of the interviews were behavioral and 1 was a case interview. If you know how to talk about business in any way then you should be fine.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

For the hiring process as an IT Auditor - Staff straight from college, it began by submitting a resume online like all other jobs. Then, there were on campus interviews. During this interview, I was asked to complete a business case analysis, essay, and the usual behavioral interview. We were given about 10 or 15 minutes to read through the business case before the interview and that was the first thing dicussed and then the interview lasted about 45 min or so. After the interview, we had to write an essay. There were about 3 different choices to write about, and I chose to write about teamwork. After the campus interview, there was an office visit. During the office visit, I met with a Partner, Sr. Manager, and Manager (3 separate interviews).

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing of the entire process was probably the business case because there wasn't any way to prepare for it. Other than that, once I made it to the office visit, it seemed like EY was more interested in selling themselves to me, rather than me having to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate since the salary seemed reasonable and I received a signing bonus as well.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in August 2012.

a written test (quant + logical reasoning + verbal) followed by a GD followed by an interview round. The interview had basic technical questions from the subject you are most comfortable with , and basic logical questions. The HR round was basic, with questions like, your family background, are you willing to sign the bond, a discussion on the internships and projects you have undertaken etc.

Interview Questions
    • how can you distinguish one faulty box of 9 grams from 9 other boxes of 10grams each, weighing it just once.   View Answers (2)

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

I was a college campus hire and I was interviewed on campus for the first round. The night before we had a meet and greet a local place and I got to meet all the recruiters and interviewers. So basically I already knew my interviewer. The first round was just some basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Interview went smoothly as I already knew the interviewer prior to it.

They accepted me and I was brought in for a 2nd round interview at the local office I wanted to work at. It consisted of 3 interviews. 1 was a case interview and the others were very laid back more behavioral interviews. Basically they just want to know if you are able to hold a conversation because when you are on the job you meet with a lot of clients.

The case interview consisted of a me reading a case and pointing of the issues I saw in the IT environment. The interviewer would ask very basic questions just to get a feel for my thought process. Nothing extreme.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was the most difficult part of the interview process as they gave you a limited amount of time to study the case. Some of the questions were very broad and sometimes hard to answer. But the whole point of it was to just get a feel of your thought process.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2010.

First they had a campus interview. This was behavior based with the office manager. Then they had an in office interview. This consisted of two behavior based interviews - one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. Then they had a case interview that was fairly difficult. Then they had a 45 minute essay write up.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest challenge you've had over your school and work life?   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Pre interview dinner on the night before, writing and Case interview, Interviewed with partner, manager, director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2010.

Applied during school on website. Interviewed at school, at office, and got hired

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you failed to accomplish and assigned task?   Answer Question
    No negotiations allowed. They can always get another person to replace you.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2010.

1 round of interview with 2 senior managers

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, required to answer your personal strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2009.

Very formal and structured on-campus interview process. Full-day office interview with 3 or 4 team members ranging from seniors to the partner in the group. All interviews focused on how the interviewee fit within the firms core values and People framework. With the exception of the partner and senior manager interviews, the interviews were generally relaxed and easy. Offer was given only a few days after the office interview.

Interview Questions
    • During my interview process, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Currently, the firm requires the candidate to complete a case study and writing sample, which is then graded by a member of the team. For this, be mindful what position you are applying for a craft your answer to be consistent with what group you are trying to join (IT v.s audit v.s. tax, etc.)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. But I would recommend trying. I regret not even trying.