EY

Updated 16 Nov 2014

2.8

133 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in June 2011.

Initial telephone interview, then one day group interview (including 1 on 1 interviews)

Interview Questions
Did not attempt to negotiate intern pay.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in September 2010.

Basic interview questions. What was your high school results? What are your future career goals? It was more of a "getting to know you better" session.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university recruiting. Process took about 2 weeks. 2 back to back interviews. One 30 minute behavioral, one 30 minute case. Heard back in about a week. Interview was on campus.

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through on campus recruitment. The process at my school was very selective and only 4 students were chosen to interview for the Audit internship.Went through only first round but the greeter and interviewer were really nice.The greeter was a newly hired associate and she was very nice in helping the interviewees calm their fears before the interview. The interview was pretty good too.its just going through your resume and identifying why you make a good candidate. The trick to interviewing for the big 4's is to highlight all your strengths as much as possible even if they don't explicitly ask.I failed to do this and even though my interviewer and I had similar interests I failed to identify my strengths.I got an email 2 days after telling me they won't be moving on with me but I emailed my interviewer asking for tips to help me better my interview and I ended up getting an internship at another big 4

Intern Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Had an on-campus interview for the internship and received a call about two weeks later for an in-office interview day. The night before, EY invited all of the interviewees out for dinner at a nice restaurant, where we sat with people from our prospective departments. The day of, they served us breakfast in-office, gave us a tour, provided a panel of associates in the department, and we each had three interviews, followed by a lunch and a closing presentation from the Office Manager. Got a final response several weeks later. The interviews were all very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other internship offer was closer to home

Intern Interview

Interview with two Senior Managers simultaneously for an internship in Valuation. Questions on forecasting commodity prices and growth rates for a mature firm. Calculating FCFF and FCFE, levered and unlevered Beta. Valuation methodologies. Which one brings higher/lower results.

Some backgroung questions, motivation and plans in five years. Couple of easy arithmetics questions.

Interview Questions
    • How can we be sure that you don't leave us soon to join an investment bank.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?
        View Answer

Intern Interview

Applied online through my school. From there had a behaviorial interview. Which had standard questions on things such as leadership, and team environments. From there there was an office visit with a few more behaviorual interviews. Great expereince overall.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

On Campus Interview - Behavioral in nature; Online Written Assessment for Writing Skills about a generic topic; In Office Interview - 2 Behavioral Interviews with Partners; and Case Study Interview where case was presented and a short time was given to get familiarized ;

Interview Questions
    • Business Case regarding risks of Bank A acquiring Bank B; SWOT Analysis; Risks of acquisition; Synergies of acquisition   View Answer