EY

Updated 30 Jan 2015
2,415 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Vacationer Interview

I went through the Sydney Career Compass Program and was given the chance to apply early for the Vacationer Program. I was accepted to the Assessment centre, which consisted of an individual one hour interview with a Partner and Senior Manager, and then a group activity which was overseen by a few staff members. The group activity isn't challenging or technically difficult, it is really designed to test how you work in a team, and your critical thinking processes.

Interview Questions
    • What is one major world event you have heard about in the news that you think would affect a business like EY?   Answer Question

Vacation-tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY.

The assessment centre was relatively relaxed and the interviewers were really friendly and honest about the work they do. The group interview involved a case study that was quite challenging, so make sure you keep watch of time and try to absorb as much information as you can.

Vacationer - Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2014.

Assessment centre involved just a group discussion/ presentation and then a partner interview. Very easy interview, group activity was a little harder with the group being quite pressed for time.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Online application with questions about why you want to work for EY, telephone screen by HR, online personality test. Assessment center: interview with director/partner, group activity, literacy & numeracy testing, luncheon with staff (you will be judged).

Interview Questions
    • Normal behavioral questions. Expect one or two curveball questions, e.g. Who would be your ideal client and why?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a start date, but not salary.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

I got a call from recruitment team from Melbourne. It was a phone interview. Because I applied for the position in Sydney office, then I was arranged to take an interview with two directors in Sydney office. They all asked me behavioral questions and it took 45 mins.

Summer Vacation Work Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

1. a few online tests
    2. phone interview with HR manager
    3. Assessment day where we were given a case to present. Final interview with the directors of the department. Interview questions were mostly behavioral base, some basic knowledge regarding any current financial news.

Interview Questions
    • Describe any particular company which you know and how in depth do you know the company.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

HR interaction, two partner interviews and two reference checks
    process was timely but not rushed, yet were able to accomodate a tight deadline towards the end due to another offer outstanding
    professional, smooth process. good experience

Interview Questions
    be honest about you realistic market value and what makes you happy, if you have the right picture of yourself you should get an offer that matches your expectations

Vacationer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

talent screener, verbal and numerical testing, group activity (non accounting related), interview with manager. Was overall a good experience. Very well run by EY. Prepare behavioural stayle questions for the interview and review the values of EY

Interview Questions
    • what would be the ideal company you would want to work for.   Answer Question
    N/A