EY

1,753 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Adelaide

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Very well organised interview process. Consultant interview, Manager interview and Partner interview. Followed by online skills test. Followed by in-person practical day.

Interview Question – Questions were fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was couriered to me the next day, accompanied with a personal phone call to inform me of the good news.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Brisbane

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Was recruited through the graduate recruitment process. I'ts important to make strong connections with the HR reps and be enthusiastic throughout the process. Attend as many grad recruitment events as you can to find out about the company and meet some of the existing employees.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time - I was unsure how honest to be with this question, but in reality as I was starting my career and didn't yet know where this opportunity could take me. Best to demonstrate that you are looking to develop yourself in a great firm, learn as much as you can, and start to understand what opportunities there are to advance as you get there.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Interview Question – What is a piece of work you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Sydney

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details I applied online and after 4 weeks, I got a call for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview took me about 30 minutes and mostly it were a discussion about my working experience and resume. After 1 week, I was called in for interview with the partner and senior manager in the office. The interview took me 40 minutes and mostly about my work experience as a team leader.

Interview Question – Can you give me any recent news that could affect this service line?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Submission of applications and documents

Interview Question – No interview   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Graduate
Brisbane

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details Initial submission was long, was invited in for testing then for an interview a few days later & was informed I had the job just a few days after that. Took a long time to get confirmed start date though.

Interview Question – Most were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was made, no negotiation.

Summer Analyst M&A Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Applied online, 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and not somebody else?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Interview Details Two interviews process, first round with one manager and one senior manager, second round with a partner.

Interview Question – What's the most challenging part of team management   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Graduate Program Interview

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details 1st online testing, 2nd online testing, AC

Interview Question – The shapes in the 2nd round for online testing. So difficult "fix the process". Looking back the whole process was efficient and typical of a firm at that level. The final interview with Partner and Manager was really difficult.   Answer Question

Manager TAS Interview

Melbourne

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details The overall interview process included 3 meetings, all of which were attended by at least one partner of the team. Initial interview was also attended to by HR staff. Discussion focus was mainly on CV and past work experience. second interview remained on past work experience and where i would see myself in the next 5 years should i join EY. There was much discussion on what i could bring to the team and how i could pass this knowledge to others. 3rd interview was conducted and the offer was presented to me the following day. The offer put forth was most satisfying alongwith very reasonable terms and conditions.

I believe E&Y acted very reasonably in their interviewing process, there was clear communication at all times, most of which was conducted via telephone. Confirmation emails were sent when necessary.

Interview Question – What salary do you believe is fair and reasonalble for someone of your position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate regarding the salary or the terms and conditions of the package. I believe at the time they were fair and i'm not someone who likes to push the envelope when i believe that i'm being offered something very reasonable. The firm had a lot to offer me outside of the simple salary benefits.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,753 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.