EY Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
2,125 Interview Reviews

2.9

Vacation-tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY.

The assessment centre was relatively relaxed and the interviewers were really friendly and honest about the work they do. The group interview involved a case study that was quite challenging, so make sure you keep watch of time and try to absorb as much information as you can.

Vacationer - Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2014.

Assessment centre involved just a group discussion/ presentation and then a partner interview. Very easy interview, group activity was a little harder with the group being quite pressed for time.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Online application with questions about why you want to work for EY, telephone screen by HR, online personality test. Assessment center: interview with director/partner, group activity, literacy & numeracy testing, luncheon with staff (you will be judged).

Interview Questions
    • Normal behavioral questions. Expect one or two curveball questions, e.g. Who would be your ideal client and why?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a start date, but not salary.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

I got a call from recruitment team from Melbourne. It was a phone interview. Because I applied for the position in Sydney office, then I was arranged to take an interview with two directors in Sydney office. They all asked me behavioral questions and it took 45 mins.

Vacationer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

talent screener, verbal and numerical testing, group activity (non accounting related), interview with manager. Was overall a good experience. Very well run by EY. Prepare behavioural stayle questions for the interview and review the values of EY

Interview Questions
    • what would be the ideal company you would want to work for.   Answer Question
    N/A

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The process started with an online application followed by online quiz and situational test. After this there was an assessment centre with a group task with about 4 others. This was followed up by an interview. However some candidates had their interview before the group task.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one client to work with who would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Well structured interview process with prompt communication from HR. Partners are really nice and down to earth and truly want you to succeed in the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you have worked overseas and had to overcome culture shock   Answer Question

Vacationer - Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2014.

The application process consisted of an online submission starting with CV, cover letter and a few questions. After that there was numerical, verbal and logical reasoning tests. Following that I went in for an assessment centre where I participated in a group case study and was then interviewed by a senior manager. The next day I was called up and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly standard. They were general 'fit' questions. A couple that required a bit more thought revolved around experiences with diversity and persuading people.   Answer Question