EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated 2 Jun 2015

ELP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviews back to back for 30 mins each. First one with a manager and the second one is with a partner. A lot of behavioral question by the partner. The interview with the manager was pretty casual and laid back. The partner was tough with his questions. Came out of the interview not feeling confident and knew that I would not get an offer.

Transfer Pricing Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of behavioral questions and a written case. The questions were not difficult but were very tricky. I interviewed with a group of transfer pricing staff and two senior managers. It was very clear that all of them preferred the same kind of personality. They want you to be soft, kind, helpful and caring (two managers mentioned the word 'caring' many many times). And also, they paid less attention to your leadership talent. I brought several copies of my previous group projects, slides and excel screenshots. I pointed to them on these materials directly when I was answering their questions. Apparently they liked my documents a lot and both of the managers asked for my document copies (especially the excel sheet). Then I did a written case. Apparently they wanted you to reach out a conclusion from a financial report analysis. The financial report was Accounting 101 level, so it was not hard to understand and describe.

However, I DO suggest those who have been using Macbooks for a long time, that spend some time on getting familiar with laptops like HP, Dell, Lenovo and the Office software running on Windows system. I've been using Macbook for many years so I spent a lot of time on correcting my spellings, retyping words on keyboards and finding the function keys. These trivia made me super nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why EY, Why transfer pricing, what is your current biggest challenge, how will you describe yourself, what role you want to play in a team   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Pretty easy going, all staffs and managers are very friendly, I found it very helpful to network a lot because if you do that by the day you go to interview, you almost know everyone in the office already.

IT Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Hired out of school and the interview process started through school by having a recruiter interview at school first. Then an onsite interview was conducted. Two in person interviews with two managers which was around behavioral questions and then to provide feedback on a case study. Then a group activity was conducted with other interviewees in groups of 4-5. Task was to plan/analyze an event to support the community. This activity is more geared towards how the candidate act in a team environment.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had one on campus interview and the second one at the office. The process seems intimidating at first because of the amount of qualified candidates you're competing against. I would advice to go to networking events and get to know the people well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate salary.

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Application

Interview

First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through school career website and got a response in about a week after deadline.
    Scheduled a phone interview with a senior at their office. Had a phone interview wit him and after few days, got a denial response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Question about teamwork and the resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Technology Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question