EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Experienced Staff Interview

Experienced Staff
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details I emailed my resume to a recruiter and they contacted me for interviews. Two phone interviews one with HR, the other with a partner. I was then called in for an in-office interview, where I interviewed with 4 people in total, successively. A senior, Manager, Senior Manager and Partner. All were conversational and I had to go over my resume. They weren't difficult and I quite enjoyed them. I was an auditor with PWC before this, so it certainly. Everyone was very nice, much better than the interviews I went through when I got into PWC. I'm looking forward to working at E&Y. The culture is certainly more friendly.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but the offer was better than I expected.

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior IT Audit Interview

Senior IT Audit
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details Pretty quick, if you are what they are looking for.

Interview Question – How do I feel about President Obama   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Worked there years ago

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern Interview

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty standard. First round interviews were on campus, with an interview pre-night at a local bowling alley beforehand. Second round interviews were in the EY office in LA for a super day, which included a lunch and three interviews - behavioral, case, behavioral.

Interview Question – There really were no curveball questions asked. All questions were pretty reasonable, including the case, which again was not any more difficult than other case questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process for EY Advisory occurs too early to even consider other consulting firms. I'm looking mostly at the Big 3, so I'll likely have to turn this offer down even before opportunities arise for other interviews.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Negotiation Details – Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details 1st Round Interview - On-Campus
2nd Round Interview - In-House

1. Behavioral questions that relate to working under pressure.
2. Personal and professional goals and how the company will help you accomplish said goals.
3. How will you meet the CPA requirements?

Interview Question – Why is your GPA relatively low compared to other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Emerging Leaders Program
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details I applied online through my college career center website and I was invited to the interview the following week. The interview was very friendly and talked even more than I did. I forgot to ask for a business card, but a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details First you are contacted through email for a campus interview. Then you are interviewed one on one with an HR representative. Afterwards, if you are selected for a second round interview, you go into the office, and are interviewed by four different employees.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had many deadlines coming up and the outcome   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

Interview Details Applied for the Emerging Leaders Program via my school's career center website. Had to submit a resume and cover letter, nothing out of the ordinary. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later letting me know that she wanted to schedule a phone interview with a manager for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question