EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Sep 11, 2014

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ITRA Advisory Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Initial phone screening
    - 30 Minute phone conversation with a manager

In-House Interview
    - 2 Behavioral
    - 1 Case

Interview Questions
    Offer was sent. Little room for negotiation as an intern

Experienced Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

I emailed my resume to a recruiter and they contacted me for interviews. Two phone interviews one with HR, the other with a partner. I was then called in for an in-office interview, where I interviewed with 4 people in total, successively. A senior, Manager, Senior Manager and Partner. All were conversational and I had to go over my resume. They weren't difficult and I quite enjoyed them. I was an auditor with PWC before this, so it certainly. Everyone was very nice, much better than the interviews I went through when I got into PWC. I'm looking forward to working at E&Y. The culture is certainly more friendly.

I didn't negotiate, but the offer was better than I expected.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

N/A

Senior IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Pretty quick, if you are what they are looking for.

Worked there years ago

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

The hiring process was pretty standard. First round interviews were on campus, with an interview pre-night at a local bowling alley beforehand. Second round interviews were in the EY office in LA for a super day, which included a lunch and three interviews - behavioral, case, behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no curveball questions asked. All questions were pretty reasonable, including the case, which again was not any more difficult than other case questions asked.   Answer Question

The interview process for EY Advisory occurs too early to even consider other consulting firms. I'm looking mostly at the Big 3, so I'll likely have to turn this offer down even before opportunities arise for other interviews.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
    Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

1st Round Interview - On-Campus
    2nd Round Interview - In-House

1. Behavioral questions that relate to working under pressure.
    2. Personal and professional goals and how the company will help you accomplish said goals.
    3. How will you meet the CPA requirements?

Interview Questions
    • Why is your GPA relatively low compared to other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

I applied online through my college career center website and I was invited to the interview the following week. The interview was very friendly and talked even more than I did. I forgot to ask for a business card, but a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

First you are contacted through email for a campus interview. Then you are interviewed one on one with an HR representative. Afterwards, if you are selected for a second round interview, you go into the office, and are interviewed by four different employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had many deadlines coming up and the outcome   Answer Question