EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

245 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FSO, Technology Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview at campus for the first round with a senior manager. Asked about standard resume questions like tell me about your past internship experience, why do you want to work in finance industry, and why choose EY, etc.. Got into second round the next day. Three rounds in the office, two behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions
    • Your internship experience is not directly related to the financial service industry, so why do you want to work in the finance now?   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Apply for the job posting on AEA website and the first round interview is in AEA conference. meet two people in the team, a manager and a principal. They are especially nice and really did ask me too many questions but introduce their transfer pricing team. And after the interview I went to the dinner reception and met couple other ppl in the team as well as other candidates. I think the first round interview is mainly to test whether your personality fit in this team.

And then I was invited to on-site in NYC. The arrange of second round took me abt 1 month to go through. Just finish two days ago, met several other seniors, managers, principals. Also I did a presentation on my Phd job market paper. The interview seems went well.

Waiting for results. Cross fingers.

ITRA Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

I applied through my school career website. In about 2 weeks I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minute behavioral interview with a partner. She was very friendly and welcoming. Some of the questions she asked were: Why do you want to work in consulting? Why do you want to work at EY? Tell me about a situation when you were a leader in a team? Tell me about a conflict that you experienced in a team... They called me the next day to invite for a super day on Friday. It consisted of 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. The super day started very early. I had to be in the office by 8.15am. In the beginning we had a presentation, then we were introduced to our escorts who showed around the office that day. The behavioral interviews were pretty much the same as in the first round. The case study was about a brick and mortar bank that wanted to merge with an online bank. Later we had lunch with our escorts. They took us to a nice restaurant on Times Square. We talked, ate, and had a good time. But don't be caught off guard- this is also a part of your interview. The day after the super day the recruiter called me to make an offer. they gave me 3 weeks to decide.

no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

This was for an interview over ten years ago, so the process may have changed somewhat. I received the interview through an employee referral, who referred me to a recruiter.

It was similar to most other management consulting interviews--that is to say, very thorough, multiple rounds with different people in the group at various management levels, and thought-provoking questions. I was interviewing with other management consulting firms and investment banks at the same time, so it was nothing unexpected. However, I did put in numerous hours of company and industry research, informational interviews, networking, and application preparation. The interview process was difficult, but I was hired in a business advisory group that led to some very interesting work and a great professional springboard.

I'd recommend EY to anyone who wants to a strong start to their career learning for business fundamentals or a seasoned professional who's looking for a new challenge in their next career step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a four-wall analysis on a hypothetical retail chain. I had no idea what it was at the time since I was just coming out of college.   Answer Question
    The negotiation process was interesting and a win-win proposition. They provided a great salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, and a great benefits package.

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Got a call from a third party recruiter for the role, had a phone conversation with a senior manager in the team. A couple of weeks later I was invited for a day-long in-house and talked to an HR person, a couple of senior managers and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was smooth but seemed unnecessarily long. You need to show that you are into extensive traveling and are a 'road warrior' if you want to work in EY's advisory pillar.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Got a call from EY recruiter. Had a first screening with a HR and one with a Sr. Manager and clearing that round in the same week, was sent to NY for interview. Had a discussion with a sr manager there and while discussing with the partner found that they send me for a different dept. to interview with...disappointing...
    After 2 days got a call that they want to have further discussions. they scheduled 2 interviews/screenings with managers. It went pretty well, atleast thats what i thought.. Got a call from HR after 4 days that they loved to talk to me but my profile/experience does not match what they were looking for in the position....Shouldn't they be looking into my resume first if the profile is not what they are looking for and avoid wasting time.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Pleasant round of interviews. Was not accepted mostly due to major.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

My resume was submitted through a recruiting agency and it took 55 days to conclude the process.

The call started with a 30 minute technical interview and the call took place on time as scheduled. Then there was a 30 minute call with a Senior Manager (the reporting manager) and he did not call me on time and he even had to interrupt the call to take other calls and said he will schedule another call on the next few days. When he called me 35 minutes early or 25 minutes late (considering the different time zones), I missed the call. He didn’t leave a message. I called back and left a message and I never heard from him. That left a bad taste with me. The third call was with another Senior Manager and it took just 15 minutes as scheduled.

They called me for a super-day in New York. I met an hour with the reporting manager described above. My interview experience with him was negative as he even went on to take a cheap shot on me going into independent consulting upon becoming a permanent resident (Green Card) in US. Interview was generally easy. To one of the question (size of a trading database that I designed for a client), I said a wrong answer and I did not utilize my opportunity to get it corrected. I could have get that answer corrected.

Then I was scheduled for an hour with another Senior Manager who is running the Technology Advisory practice at the client site. He came 10 minutes late and he was unprofessional throughout the 25-30 minutes he was in the room. He do not show interest in listening, interrupt when you speak and goes on to the next thing. He even ended the interview abruptly after 25 minutes.

Next, I met with the Partner/Principal for 30 minutes. The interview went very well with him and he asked great questions and he promptly answer my questions. He was the only one whom I found was genuinely interested during my interviews on Super-Day.

Interview Questions
    • repeatedly asked question was Why EY? What do you expect from EY in return?   Answer Question

Technology Advisory Program (TAP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

On-campus. first round on campus with the local manager. 2nd round after 3 weeks. 2nd round is at your 1st preferred work location. had 1 case study interview- 45 min, relaxed, not too difficult, no market sizing questions. Also had 2 other rounds of behavioral interviews. Most frequent questions: why EY?what motivates you? strengths and weakness? questions related to my resume and experience-mainly team based and project based.
    For the case study: SWOT analyses, my solutions to the problem, technical risks of the project etc

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, I expected the level of questions. The interviewers are pretty relaxed and friendly which makes the whole process a little easier.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york