EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 31 Aug 2014
Updated 31 Aug 2014

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY.

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Two interviews process, first round with one manager and one senior manager, second round with a partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

I got a phone interview first for their risk management consulting jobs - it was just about my background and skills. A face-to-face interview with scheduled about 1-2 wks after the phone interview. It was a panel interview - a company director and a line manager. I talked about my broad knowledge in risk management consulting and community service work. However, the role was targetting specifically on AML, which I had some exposure but not a great deal. It went about the 45mins. I got rejected after few hours of the interview. Some feedback was provided a few days later - they needed someone with very strong AML background. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been seriously ill in the last few years?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Senior Consultant Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Questions
    Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Firm. No negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Very smooth

Interview Questions

There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Senior Consultant Interview

Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
    During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
    He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Questions
    • What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!