EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY.

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Two interviews process, first round with one manager and one senior manager, second round with a partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

I got a phone interview first for their risk management consulting jobs - it was just about my background and skills. A face-to-face interview with scheduled about 1-2 wks after the phone interview. It was a panel interview - a company director and a line manager. I talked about my broad knowledge in risk management consulting and community service work. However, the role was targetting specifically on AML, which I had some exposure but not a great deal. It went about the 45mins. I got rejected after few hours of the interview. Some feedback was provided a few days later - they needed someone with very strong AML background. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been seriously ill in the last few years?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

1. Excruciating 3 long telephonic round. approx 5 hrs invested.
    2. video call with Director. seems quite rude to his employee. yelling on them and it was deal breaker for me.
    3. local Mallyali guy selected . seems sheer discrimination.
    4. Did not reimburse my travel expense.
    very regional centric and if you are north Indian. please do not join EY @ Kerala. , non they are going to hire you even if you are qualified.

Senior Consultant Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Senior Consultant Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Questions
    • None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was non-existent.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Questions
    Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Firm. No negotiation.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!