EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Sydney).

Interview

Two-staged interview after the initial phone interview with the recruiter. First was a part behavioural/discussion type PLUS part case study interview, the second was a behavioural interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• The behavioural interview with partner was very challenging.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in June 2013.

Interview

Two interviews process, first round with one manager and one senior manager, second round with a partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Brisbane).

Interview

Straight forward if you get through the partner and his team first up.

HR is pretty average and slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward and there is a room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Sydney) in August 2010.

Interview

I got a phone interview first for their risk management consulting jobs - it was just about my background and skills. A face-to-face interview with scheduled about 1-2 wks after the phone interview. It was a panel interview - a company director and a line manager. I talked about my broad knowledge in risk management consulting and community service work. However, the role was targetting specifically on AML, which I had some exposure but not a great deal. It went about the 45mins. I got rejected after few hours of the interview. Some feedback was provided a few days later - they needed someone with very strong AML background. That's about it.

Interview Questions

• Have you been seriously ill in the last few years?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was quite prolonged but they kept in good contact during the process. All administration was handled by a single point of contact, which made it very easy to follow and you knew who to contact with questions. All interviewers I met with were very kind and professional and felt like unexpectedly warm persons that were very down-to-earth and relaxed.
    Only negative experience was that I was asked to do a guesstimate, which feels strange as a senior hire.

Interview Questions

• If you got hired and you and me sat here together in 3 years time and your were very dissatisfied with how these 3 years would have gone; can you describe what happened and how they were?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed for the position at Enterprise Intelligence within the Financial Services Office, New York. The first round was phone interview with a senior manager. It was pretty straight forward and pleasant. More of conversational, went on for half an hour. I was then shortlisted to appear for their in person interview round called EY SUPERDAY in New York. The interview started at 10:30 am and ended 12:30 pm. There were 4 in person interviews for 30 mins each - 2 managers, 1 Senior Manager and 1 Recruiter. All of them were mostly behavioral and situation based - tell us about your experience, why EY, how would you handle a difficult boss, how do you work in teams etc. Overall, the experience was pleasant and I was satisfied the way I performed.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm.
    Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume.
    Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Hiring process was fast and recruiter was available to contact and talk for any questions.
    First round with Senior Manager.
    then 4 face o face technical interviews with Senior managers.
    Last interview with partner.
    After that phone interview with HR to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly behavioral. No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they do not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Got an on campus interview then a super day which lasted half a day at the New York office. Super day had a writing section, couple of behavior interviews and a case interview. The process was not too bad