EY

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Interview Question – What is a piece of work you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Interview Details Two interviews process, first round with one manager and one senior manager, second round with a partner.

Interview Question – What's the most challenging part of team management   Answer Question

Sydney

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details I got a phone interview first for their risk management consulting jobs - it was just about my background and skills. A face-to-face interview with scheduled about 1-2 wks after the phone interview. It was a panel interview - a company director and a line manager. I talked about my broad knowledge in risk management consulting and community service work. However, the role was targetting specifically on AML, which I had some exposure but not a great deal. It went about the 45mins. I got rejected after few hours of the interview. Some feedback was provided a few days later - they needed someone with very strong AML background. That's about it.

Interview Question – Have you been seriously ill in the last few years?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Very smooth

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Question – Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Question – What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Question – You have three sentances: Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Rome (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 3 round interviews. First round group interview with a logic test. Second round with the HR. Final round with a Senior Manager / Partner discussing a business case

Interview Question – Estimate the market size of watches in your country   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details 1 Day with 4 interviews.

Interview Question – There were't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but should have.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.