EY

Average Difficulty
82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Interview Question – What is a piece of work you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Interview Details Two interviews process, first round with one manager and one senior manager, second round with a partner.

Interview Question – What's the most challenging part of team management   Answer Question

Sydney

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details I got a phone interview first for their risk management consulting jobs - it was just about my background and skills. A face-to-face interview with scheduled about 1-2 wks after the phone interview. It was a panel interview - a company director and a line manager. I talked about my broad knowledge in risk management consulting and community service work. However, the role was targetting specifically on AML, which I had some exposure but not a great deal. It went about the 45mins. I got rejected after few hours of the interview. Some feedback was provided a few days later - they needed someone with very strong AML background. That's about it.

Interview Question – Have you been seriously ill in the last few years?   View Answer

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Interview Question – How do we know you will stick with EY?   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourseld   View Answer

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Question – What are your 3 weakenesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – Not really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Firm. No negotiation.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Interview Question – M&A Focused questions   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!