EY Tax Intern Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 22 May 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Questions
  • Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Normal 1st round behavior questions and accepted for 2nd round. Recruiters are overall very friendly. In the 2nd round, the first recruiter went over my resume and asked my tones of behavioral questions; the second recruiter, I just has a great conversation with him.

Interview Questions
    • No questions are unexpected, they are just behaviorals. But the amount of the questions is kinda suprised me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

First round was on campus interview, and ask the general questions about leadership, teamwork and skills. The second round interview on site and similar questions like the first round.

Interview Questions
    • When face the same questions, it's hard to get the different answers immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interviews were conversational rather than technical. Everyone was very welcoming and did not have an intimidating presence. Just make sure to know what exactly is on your resume. Also, bring an updated resume copy. For some reason my interviewers had an old version of my resume, even though I had updated my information in the EY system. I provided them with an updated one. I suggest that before your interview starts, to make sure that they have your new resume and it they don't, hand them a new one.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to discuss a recent tax article that I read that I found interesting.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

Was interviewed on campus first by tax partner from New York, NY office then was invited to super day at office and had 2 interviews then lunch with first year tax staff

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

I sent me resume in to the HR department and within days got an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy-took about 30 minutes and asked me questions like "why I chose my university" and "why tax". No behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Applied through my university and got the first-round interview. One on one where she asked me about things on my resume, mostly. Was asked to come back for second-round "super day." Each interviewee was assigned their own E&Y associate to guide them to their 2 interviews. First interview of the day was much like the on-campus one. About half an hour long. Then the 2nd interview involved more behavioral questions. After that, the company takes you out to a nice lunch, which was the best part of the day : )

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were unable to complete an assignment your boss or teacher gave you, and how you handled it   Answer Question