EY

47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA (US)

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Question – How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details Initial Interview about experience, education, other positions held

Interview Question – Would you move to Europe for a permanent position   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details Communication skill, Aptitude test, HR round and technical interview

Interview Question – On the spot case study solving   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details The first interview was on campus. Interview has two parts. The first part is 15mins pre-interview. I was interview with an manager and a senior. The second part is 30mins. There is a pre-night before the interview, including dinner and bowling. No behavior questions in the first round interview. It is more about tell me youself and go thorough the resume.

Interview Question – What are the two edges of your personalities   Answer Question

Tax Staff

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I was referred by an alumni.

The interview was very pleasant. They asked a lot of behavioral questions while telling me more about the position. They were open, nice and informative. They loved hearing about your plan to pursue higher training and your willingness to learn.

Interview Question – Unexpected: What do you expect out of your first job after graduation?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied through campus recruiting program. First interview on campus after chatting with recruiter during mingle session. Second interview was the office visit. I interviewed with 2 partners.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Very easy interview. Why you choose Houston. Why you like EY? Why you choose tax as your concentration? There was no behavior question at all.   Answer Question

Tax Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details Went to a campus career showcase handed an E&Y member my resume and spoke with them for a few minutes. About a week and half later I received an e-mail from the campus recruiter stating that they would like to offer me an on-campus interview. Before the on-campus interview E&Y had a pre-interview dinner. The next day was the interview. The interview was a one on one interview with an E&Y partner. The interview was supposed to last 45 minutes. The partner basically looked at my resume and said that I should be hired because I had already passed all four parts of the CPA exam. He then asked me if I had any questions. I asked him questions about why he chose E&Y and what he liked about tax. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes. I felt that I might have failed the interview but the next day I received a call from the recruiter asking for an office visit. The office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner at a partner's house with about 12 other candidates applying for full time or internship positions. The office visit itself started around 8 am for an informal breakfast. After the breakfast there was a PowerPoint slide show that explained more about E&Y then we where able to ask questions about the firm to three staff members that have been at E&Y for at least two years (E&Y called this a panel). After the panel I then had three interviews one starting with a senior manager then a manager and then a partner (each lasted roughly thirty minutes). The interviews with each were very informal they were more like conversations there were no behavioral questions. After the interview one staff member and one senior manager took me out for lunch. The recruiter stated that I should hear a response about a week later.

Interview Question – The really did not ask me any questions. They only asked me what kind of questions did I have for them.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details First round interview with a senior manager and then an in house day being interviewed by three more senior managers.

Interview Question – They mostly focused on conversational topics and not your typical "put you on the spot" interview questions. I was however, asked about my experiences with teamwork.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Tax Staff interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.