Echo Global Logistics Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated 30 Apr 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Typical interview process. After you apply online there will be a phone interview. After the phone interview there will be an in person interview. The last step is another in-person interview and shadowing the carrier or customer sales department. Background check, no drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

At the career fair Echo found me, and boy did they want me...bad. I got emails, text messages, and phone calls inquiring when they could set up an interview with me. This was nice; it made me feel wanted and smart!!!

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more money twice, and I met my manager in the middle.
    I make $38,000, but since I make more money than other sales reps it will take me longer to hit commission!!

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

If they don't offer you a job you must have really said something stupid.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation what so ever. If you don't like it they'll find someone else.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is kind of long--but stick with it. It is worth it. A recruiter will call you from Chicago and have a phone interview from you. (Sometimes the recruiters up there are streched a little thin, if they dont get back to you right away dont take it personally. I didnt hear from my recruiter for over a week and then found out I got my face to face and then was hired.) After that you will come in to the office for a face to face interview. You shadow a sales representative to learn about the job and then speak with both our manager and supervisor. Dont let anyone scare you away, all three of the managers in the Dallas branch are really down to Earth and easy to work for. After that you have an interview with HR and then could be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with our previous manager so I do not know what the current manager's interviewing questions are like.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2011.

Interview

Basic phone interview with the standard questions. Went in for a face to face with the branch manager and she was very easy to talk to but at the same time very honest of what she expected out of employees. Also did a 30 min job shadow with an employee and he was very helpful and honest on the pro and cons of the job. Really seems like a excellent place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick sales as a career?   Answer Question
    • Whats the biggest obstacle you had to overcome and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Really short informal phone interview where I explained my background and was given some info on the company. Then I met with two recruiters in person. They asked me some tough questions, but it still felt very comfortable to be there. Then, I watched someone in the role I was interviewing and I got a better understanding of what exactly i would be doing and I could definiltey see myself in the role. After that I met with two VPs and they gave me some good info on the company as a whole. I wasnt really sure if they liked me, but I eneded up getting the position so I guess I did well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary wasn't negotiable since it was a base plus commission. You can pick a time frame when you want to start though. It seems like they try to push you towards one over another, but I really dont think if you show prefrence it will hurt your chances at an offer.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2011.

Interview

Found my resume online and contacted me about being interested in a possible position. Had a short 10 minute phone interview asking me questions about my experience in my resume and a little bit more of what the company did. At the conclusion of the phone interview they asked to set up a face to face interview. Went in and it was fairly normal with the review of my resume and why i wanted to be in sales. Then concluded with me asking any questions i had.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2010.

Interview

They contacted me after my resume was seen on a website. Echo called to see if I was interested, which I was because I heard good things about the company. They asked if I could come in for the first interview and then at the end of the first interview they asked me to come back for a final interview a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. I was just asked basic behavioral based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other interviews.