Echo Global Logistics

Updated 14 Jan 2015
Updated 14 Jan 2015

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interviewing process was very easy. First there is the phone interview which is pretty basic and after that they'll invite you to one of their offices to shadow a current sales person for about a half hour. After the shadow, you'll be interviewed by someone in HR and in my interview I was asked questions more about my past and character. The second and last interview is when they ask a bit more complicated questions but nothing to dramatic.

Client Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

I took two phone interviews before being invited into the Chicago office, both were pretty low pressure and more about my personality and career goals. Next I sat in with a current sales rep for about half an hour observing daily work, then interviewed with HR person for another half hour, and finally a client sales manager for about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about why I wanted to work for them and in the transportation logistics industry, definitely helps to know lots about the company.   Answer Question

Sales Position- Dallas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Ask you all the basic strength and weakness questions, where do you see yourself in 10 years, why are you a good fit etc. You go through a recruiter who reads her questions off a paper and then you talk to the branch manager (who is awesome) and then you talk to some of the supervisors and they interview you together. After that I waited two weeks to receive a call from the recruiter asking me if I was still interested.

Interview Questions
    Asked for more money, they gave it to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2014.

The hiring process was extremely easy. I submitted my resume at my university career fair, and I had a phone interview the following Monday. During the phone interview the recruiter outlined all the details of the job, and she was also able to answer all the questions that I had. My office interview was the best I have had so far. I was able to meet all of the branch management and also a top tenured Sales Rep. They also gave me the opportunity to do a job shadow, which lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward, and very fair. All of the questions asked were tailored to someone who has just graduated college.So, I felt very comfortable and was able to provide good and honest answers.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions
    • Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question
    Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

It was very easy. I applied via my OCRC(On campus recruiting center). I received a call from an employer who was interested in me working for her. It started with a basic phone interview, then a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to test how a vending machine works before sending it out to production, how would you test it.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Was referred through a friend and received an email about phone interview. Had basic phone interview basically going over resume then was asked for an in-person. In-person took about 2 hours interviewed with two different managers. Very basic and nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to overcome adversity   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate, received offer via email

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2014.

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   View Answer
    No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2014.

The first time the company contacted me was via email to confirm a phone interview. The initial phone interview covered why I was interested in the company, the details of the position, my past experiences related to the position, salary/benefits, etc. I was asked back for a second interview which included a session where I shadowed a carrier sales rep followed by a face to face interview with one of the managers. This time we covered some of the same things as before, but in much more detail. Along with a few questions regarding how certain situations should be handled and where I plan to be in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best way to handle a situation in which you are unable to accommodate a customer's requests and/or needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2014.

I was approached through a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, then I was asked to come in and meet with the Branch Manager, the Sales Managers, and shadow one of the branch's top reps.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my plan of attack would be for rebuilding my book of business from scratch.   View Answer
    I told the Branch Manager that I wanted "x", he said he couldn't get that much approved, but that he would get me "y", and I told him I could live with that. Very painless. He appreciated my upfront style.