Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.6

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions

• Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Long Beach, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

They have for interviews. They ask you the same thing in each one so they should have knocked it out at once. Once the girl i was supposed to interview with didn't show up so i had to go back a third time which wasn't fair to me. The people are nice though. I interviewed for enterprise and they hired me for regular so I didn't meet the people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good pay. HR dept is nice.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Interview

It was very easy. I applied via my OCRC(On campus recruiting center). I received a call from an employer who was interested in me working for her. It started with a basic phone interview, then a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to test how a vending machine works before sending it out to production, how would you test it.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Was referred through a friend and received an email about phone interview. Had basic phone interview basically going over resume then was asked for an in-person. In-person took about 2 hours interviewed with two different managers. Very basic and nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to overcome adversity   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, received offer via email

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2014.

Interview

The first time the company contacted me was via email to confirm a phone interview. The initial phone interview covered why I was interested in the company, the details of the position, my past experiences related to the position, salary/benefits, etc. I was asked back for a second interview which included a session where I shadowed a carrier sales rep followed by a face to face interview with one of the managers. This time we covered some of the same things as before, but in much more detail. Along with a few questions regarding how certain situations should be handled and where I plan to be in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to handle a situation in which you are unable to accommodate a customer's requests and/or needs?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was approached through a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, then I was asked to come in and meet with the Branch Manager, the Sales Managers, and shadow one of the branch's top reps.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my plan of attack would be for rebuilding my book of business from scratch.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told the Branch Manager that I wanted "x", he said he couldn't get that much approved, but that he would get me "y", and I told him I could live with that. Very painless. He appreciated my upfront style.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a referral from a friend, then a casual phone interview with an HR admin and keep you on the phone long enough to test your abilities on the phone, after that--they request a formal interview in the office with the branch manager. Tour the office and stick you with the best seller in the office to show you his day to day

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview

1st interview was with a recruiter of about 15 minutes asking simple questions like, "What are your career goals, Why did you choose your major/school, Why Echo, etc.?" Second interview process was come in to the intended branch. I met with the branch manager for about 15 minutes. The branch manager asked, "Why sales? And What I liked about Echo?" I was told about Echo and asked about 5 questions that were answered. The next process was job shadowing 2 reps. One was a Customer Sales Representative, the other was a Carrier Sales representative. Both representatives showed me a very quick glimpse of some duties they did and answered any questions I had. The overall job shadow process was about 20-25 minutes. Both employees said they loved working at Echo and really expanded on the culture. After job shadowing I met with the supervisors of both the customer and carrier sales representatives. Fairly easy questions, but some to trip up someone. The questions were like, "How do you handle success, How do you handle failure, How do you handle when get compliments on a project, How do you handle when don't, How have you been successful in sales in the past, Why would we want you, What do you know about the Logistics Industry?" After about 20 minutes of answering and asking questions I was thanked for coming and they said my recruiter would be in touch by the end of the week. One day later I got an email saying that they wanted me to complete the "Final Phone Interview" with a carrier sales manager in Chicago. Along with that email I was sent login information to complete a very basic background check. I completed it the same day to get the ball rolling. The final phone interview was completed by another employee other than the one I was scheduled to do with and pretty much it was just if I had any big questions about the job, and anything that wasn't answered at the Branch visit. This interview took about 10 minutes. I was thanked and told I would be contacted by the branch in the near future after background check came through. I didn't hear anything until the following week morning with an email saying they would be contacting me in the next few days. By the next day afternoon I was offered the job and agreed upon a price. It was a very smooth process and I am very excited to be starting my career at Echo.

Negotiation

Negotiated to $38,000.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in about a week. I did a basic phone interview with the woman that contacted me first and it was pretty easy - she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work in sales?" "tell me about a time you tried to complete a project and failed" etc. I then was asked to come into the office where I sat with a current rep for about 30 minutes, then interviewed with two people. The first woman was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, she appeared to love her job and the company. Talking to her was more of a conversation than an interview because she seemed very interested in my background, what I wanted for my own career and why I thought I could be a good fit there. She also seemed to be honest about what the job entailed which I appreciated because I would rather have all the facts to make a decision, and I also liked that she talked me through both the training program (2 weeks in a classroom and 1 week with her) and a "typical" day on the job. After her, I met with another man who I believe was one of the managers of the department. There was about a 5 minute lag in between the recruiter leaving and him coming in and I assume they were talking because he didn't stay long at all, just asked why I was interested in the job and when I could start and walked me out. I didn't get his contact information, but the first woman I met with gave me her business card and I emailed back and fourth with her a few times before accepting just to as a few follow up questions. She responded quickly and seemed excited to have me on the team. I was made an offer a few days later and accepted - I start in July and am very excited!

Interview Questions

• What are three words your last boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question