Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2014

2.6

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Questions
    • Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   View Answer

Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

four rounds interview, two phone calls and two face-to-face. Fairly easy. The only one I did not prepare at all.

Interview Questions
    not as high as I expected.

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

Contacted by in-house recruiter on Linked-In regarding a Senior .Net Developer Position, and had a screen interview. Called back and spoke to head of recruiting department. After a few days, I was told I didn't have enough experience for the position, as I expected, and they would keep in touch. A month later I get contacted again to see if I was interested in a "mid-range position" since they had a hard time filling the Senior role. I agree and the next week, I had a in-person meeting with a Senior Developer, a Applications Manager, and 2nd level managers.

1st part was technical, with a guy asking things like "What kinds of joins are there?" and "What is the difference between an abstract and an interface?", basic .Net questions. This went fine, since it was easy and he seemed pretty relaxed about it.

2nd part was "culture" I am guessing, because the person I spoke too had a BA background. I was just asked basic questions about my previous jobs, favorite project, issues I have had, and so forth.

3rd was the only part I was iffy on, as it was just a discussion, which involved me having to explain my thought process on projects I had worked on, and to point out why I should have gone other routes, possible issues with that implementation, and so forth. Only thing I noticed is that he kept looking at his watch the whole interview, but he could have had a meeting. Other than that, I thought it went well.

4th part was just odd, as it was another second level manager who didn't make eye contact with me, only reading things off my resume and taking notes. It was awkward, but I saw no issue with anything I said during the process. At the end, he shook my hand, and made eye contact, for what seemed like a good 5-7 seconds, which I have to admit, through me off.

That was the onsite process, I get called the next week letting me know they didn't want to move forward and make me an offer, because I didn't go into enough detail and didn't seem to be strong enough technically for the position. Conversation finished with they would be in touch if anything else came up, because they thought "I was a great guy!"

Thinking about it now, I think what did me in was a mix of the technical and 3rd part of the interview. I could have gone into deeper details with the technical questions instead of giving stock answers, maybe talking about effect of idea or what have you, more or less I should have relayed my knowledge better.

I still think they were looking for a Senior type person (I have about 4 years of experience), but couldn't find one cheap enough, so they were hoping to get lucky with a senior level developer making less money somewhere else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about what you have done with WCF   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter at another one of the branches, met with Branch Manager in Hendersonville at a temporary office, final phone interview with HR Director, second final phone interview with VP Sales. Tone of all interviews were casual but still sort of difficult becasue they put you on the spot and you were not always sure what they were looking for in questions.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate your sales ability. What past experience proves you will be successful in this job? How do you deal with failure? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question
    none really. you have a base/draw until you do well enough to get commission. good enough incentive for me!

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you qualify for the position

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary just be yourself   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Pretty easy interview process. 2 phone interviews than a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over other more experienced canidates?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.

Inside Sales Interview

If they don't offer you a job you must have really said something stupid.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation what so ever. If you don't like it they'll find someone else.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

The initial process involved two phone interviews, one from the HR rep in the corporate office and one from the HR rep in the regional office where I was applying to work. Each phone interview consisted of basic behavioral based questions and I also had to walk them through my resume. They lasted about 15 minutes each.