Edward Jones Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
374 interviews

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The interview process had three points of contact; an initial phone interview, a face-to-face interview with one individual in the department, and the leader of the department and one of his colleagues. All together, it took 5 weeks from filling out the application (when I was asked for an interview) before an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a situation when you had a colleague that had a negative attitude about management, and what you did about it.

Please tell me about a time when you had to give bad news to your manager.
        Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process is long. They will tell you that it takes 40 days on average and they aren't making that up. You start by submitting your resume, you will then be invited to apply, phone screen, interview in person, do a business plan, do a phone interview and finally do a virtual day in the life. You can wash out at any point along the way and you will know you washed out before they tell you. If the person you are dealing with is warm and friendly, you're good. If not, you didn't make it. If you can't tell how you did, you didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    • The business plan can be tricky if you've never done one before. Work with a veteran FA if you have one available.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northeast, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Northeast, NY (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2014.

As discussed in other posts, the process is about 8 steps. Application, phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, business plan, recruiter interview, background check, and the infamous Virtual "Day-in-the-Life" Assessment where they give you 8-hours of work to do in 4-hours with actors who throw all kinds of BS at you. After all that, the recruiter and/or talent acquisition guys didn't even call me to give feedback. I just got a VM message from my EJ FA expressing disappointment that there would be no offer. WTF?

Interview Questions
    • During the assessment -- cold calling and being put on 'hold' indefinitely, having a transactional problem and not knowing the policy to handle it, a flighty, fruit-loop administrator, super slow moving platform for email, calendar, documents, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

It was long. I had 3 or 4 different phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. They are very thorough and ask many questions involving my prior experiences and situational experiences. Had to quickly recall some situations where I had to problem solve or give excellent customer service. Just be prepared for these types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty at your last position.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Collins, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO (US)

interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2014.

Very detailed and thorough. Edward Jones seems to be very selective and has a very good idea of the candidates they are looking for. The hiring process is very lengthy, but there is someone that you keep in touch with and he or she will keep you updated along the way. Excellent communication throughout the process.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2014.

The hiring process is very in depth and multi facet, takes at least 30 days. I had a mentor who helped me through the process. .which was great...Once you get hired, you are on your own with the self study and test...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something that the didn't want to do...
        View Answer
    Commission pay

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

long grueling process that will challenge you. I have never been though such a long process. It will challenge you but it is necessary to weed out those with the real desire to do this job. Everyone is welcoming and positive. I have never met people so focused on achieving. I really felt challenged and wanted the job even more.

Interview Questions
    • Day In the life- this is toughest exercise I have everbeenthrough   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I had a successful business so i was offered top of starting range

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

really lengthy interview process, includes a session where you have to knock on doors...ridiculous. You have a pre interview then an interview, than the door knock thing, then a phone interview then a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • They made you knock on peoples doors to ask about opening a business in the area, it was hard because it was a fake scenario.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

- Submit resume/qualifications for HR review - Online
    - Phone interview with HR - Usually an HR recruiter from HQ in Saint Louis will call/email to schedule a phone interview.
    - Face-to-face interview with a Financial Advisor - An FA in your local market will conduct the interview.
    - Business Activity Plan - Candidates are given a week to complete/answer a business plan.
    - Computer assessment (4 hours) - The candidate will act out the role of a financial advisor during a 4 hour simulation. The assessment is online and phone based with no actual face-to-face.

Interview Questions
    • BUSINESS PLAN:

Describe your vision for building your practice at Edward Jones. How do you plan to add value to the clients and communities you will serve?

To identify and approach these prospective client types, what actions will you take?

Please detail the prospective types of clients you believe will allow you to build your business to fulfill your vision.

How will you turn these prospective clients into Edward Jones clients, especially if they have been or are considering doing business with others?

How will you track your performance to evaluate your progress towards meeting these performance expectations?
        View Answer
    Base salary is based on previous employment compensation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DeKalb, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2010.

The interview process is long and detailed. The reason for this is that once they commit to someone, they spend a significant amount of money, time, and resources into training them. This is almost unheard of in the financial industry where they basically hire everyone and throw a phone book at them and say "figure it out". Attrition is significantly lower than the industry average. The point I am making with all of that is the the interview process is tough. It starts with a phone screen, then a phone interview, then you have to go out and find 25 leads to make sire that you can actually do our form of prospecting, then after that you have a face to face interview with a partner at their office. Finally you need to create a business plan and the last step is " a day in the life". This is where you spend a half day doing a simulation of a typical day in a financial advisors life. This is a test to see how you handle managing outgoing phone calls with incoming calls, how you delegate roles to your assistant, how you do in pitches, etc. They then go and give you a grade on every step of your interview process and weight them based on importance. So you can see how extensove this is/ my recommendation is to not be scared off by it. If you can pass,you know that you are with a company committed to your success.

Interview Questions
    • As a partner, I own part of the form. It costs 180k to train you and get your office up and running. Why should I as a partner invest in you?   View Answer

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!