Egon Zehnder

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Question – Knowledge of profit and loss statements   View Answer

Reason for Declining – While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Interview Question – What's you five year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Interview Details Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Egon Zehnder

Interview Details First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Question – The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Interview Details Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Interview Question – Case study on a project or topic I was not aware of   Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone screen with basic questions about my resume. Called back for a case study in office. Gave an example search and asked you how you would go about the search process. They then walk you through the steps of what actually happened and let you know where you were strong and where else you could have looked. Final phase was another phone screen with a higher ranking research analyst much like the first one, just getting to know you and your resume. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – No specific question, more the case. Need to be able to think outside of the box pertaining to a search strategy.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at Egon Zehnder

Interview Details 30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details 30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Interview Question – needed to know a lot of information for case study   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2013.

Interview Details Received a thirty minute interview after submitting a resume through my campus recruiting system. The interview appeared to be pretty casual. Focus was on describing each experience in my resume, and being able to describe me background and interests. Make sure you know the order and content of your resume. Try and relate it to the job you're trying for.

Interview Question – Can you describe how each of the experiences in the different countries you lived in have affected/developed you?   Answer Question

Research Summer Intern Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2012.

Interview Details The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.

Interview Question – all basic resume questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Egon Zehnder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Egon Zehnder interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Egon Zehnder employees and interview candidates.