Egon Zehnder

Updated 18 Feb 2015

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of profit and loss statements   View Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Senior Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2014.

I had applied online, the headhunter shortlisted me and I visited the Gurgaon office at least 3 times, for the interview process. I cleared the written round, the HR discussion, round involving discussion with the Team Leader in India. The last interview I answered was a Skype interview with an industry specialist in Europe. She seemed positive about and impressed with my candidacy. I was assured I will be called again but eventually the headhunter informed me that they were more inclined towards another male candidate who was yet to answer the third round (though I had answered the fourth one).

The interview process is very long, with no clarity to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the information you seek isn't available online?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Pretty straight forward.

Intern Interview

First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.