Ellie Mae Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

3.4

Client Management - Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ellie Mae in June 2014.

The overall interview process was very efficient and a pleasant overall experience. My interview consisted of 3 phone screenings and a visit to corporate headquarters for a series of personal interviews from key departmental managers and officers. Ellie Mae's Talent Acquisition Manager facilitated the entire process in a very timely and professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a most difficult or unexpected question during the interview process, as all questions were well thought out and specific to required qualifications for the position. All managers were consistent in their expectation of successful candidate, which indicated good communication between business units.   Answer Question
    There was little or no negotiation; offer was fair and pretty straight forward.

Technology Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ellie Mae.

Very professional fair and reasanable. was called whithin days, had phone interview followed by in personinterview with the team as well as the managers, had feedback very soon and received the offer in a timely manner.

Very resanable.

Product Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ellie Mae in December 2012.

4 rounds of interviews by phone, slow hiring process, sample training demonstration, background checks. Interview screening from H.R., 1-1 interview, panel interview, presentation, another 1-1 interview. Long periods of silence, weeks before they get back to for additional rounds and decision making.

Interview Questions
    • Standard run of the mill questions (scenario based).   View Answer
    typical, back and forth for 2 phases

Tech Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ellie Mae in April 2013.

Initial contact was through a recruiting company. After this, a short phone interview took place where my Operations experience and team leadership was discussed. I was then invited out to the corporate office for a day long 'meet and greet' with multiple folks in various leadership positions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unsettling visit was with the VP of Tech Support. No questions were asked - she said she just 'wanted to talk'. It was the least formalized visit of the day which was unexpected.   View Answer
    I visited with the SVP of HR. We only negotiated once, and this was through the consulting company that recruited me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ellie Mae in December 2012.

Online application

QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ellie Mae.

telephone, in person, interviewed by 10 people, QA, Developers, Upper management. Interview took 3 days with different people

not much

Release Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ellie Mae in April 2013.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an in-person interview with several of the team members.

One of the in-person interviews was extremely odd -- a contributor (with whom this role would have worked closely with) spent the entire 45-minute interview talking at me rather than asking questions. This became extremely uncomfortable.

After the interview, I never heard from Ellie Mae again. At that point I didn't expect to be offered the job (nor would I have accepted), but having taken a day off to come in and interview I would have at least expected the courtesy of an email saying they'd decided to do in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • No specific questions stand out -- the interviewer who didn't ask questions was by far the most difficult portion to handle.   Answer Question

Product Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ellie Mae in September 2012.

Arduous and lengthy

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical questions, have to give a 15-20 min presentation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question
    Also typical, they offer, you counter 1-3% higher.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ellie Mae in January 2013.

After a pleasant, collegial interview with a very competent-seeming hiring manager, I was invited to a second interview with a larger team. I was given an exercise to prepare in advance (suggest revisions to a series of pages) and also show examples of projects where I had faced design challenges and how I addressed them. Both of these took some time to prepare.

Almost half the hour allotted went to set-up, unfortunately. The first projector we tried would not accept a signal; the second washed all color from the projected images. One participant was participating remotely, so time also went into getting hooked into their wireless and setting up GoToMeeting.

Meanwhile, it seems, senior managers invited were fuming. The mood was combative and critical from the start. One kept latching onto design details and expressing disdain for my explanations. It had been a while since I completed the complex projects shown, but I was expected to instantly remember the thinking that went into every detail. Criticism of design is of course an integral part of the process, but there are ways to go about design reviews that are constructive and not insulting, particularly when someone has been asked to prepare something on their own time. What they thought of my response to their design exercise (sent in advance) was never mentioned.

Soon after this grilling concluded, someone from HR showed up to say that the people I was supposed to talk to next had “been pulled into meetings” (this had been supposed to be a 3-hour process.)

The recruiters who got me into this, extremely solicitous beforehand, stopped communicating.

A thoroughly unpleasant waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • "Why does the design not show how the company is protected from employees who misuse this application?"   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ellie Mae in October 2012.

After submitting my cover letter and resume, I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition Manager at Ellie Mae for an initial interview. I passed the screening and then was passed on to the Training Manager for a phone interview. I was then forwarded on to the Vice President, Client Services manager for my third telephone interview. After that successful interview, I was asked to prepare a 15-10 minute training presentation on any topic so they could gage my competencies and training style(s). This was to happen in the next week or two. The following week I was asked to speak with yet another person for my fourth telephone interview. I spoke with the Vice President of Development for about 25 minutes. That following Friday I was asked to give my presentation via webinar and conference call. I delivered my presentation in the allotted time to four panelists who at the end of the presentation gave me glowing reviews.

I was then told that they would be making a decision and I would be contacted the early part of the following week. I never heard from them that week. So the Friday of that week, I left two voice mail messages with the manager and Vice President regarding following up with the interviews; I decided to make a call to Ellie Mae corporate (no live person ever answered the phone) instead I got a voice mail tree and found the Vice President's office number and called that, and she picked up the phone. I thanked her for giving me the time to interview and was doing my due diligence and following up, she preceded to thank me for following up, and assured me that they had not gotten their respective parties together to collaborate due to a conference that some of them were attending, and that as soon as they have come to a decision, they would contact me.

That following Monday evening around 9 P.M., I received an email thanking me for taking the time to interview with Ellie Mae for their Product Trainer position, and at this time, they have selected other candidates to move to the final selection process.

Since that interview, I have looked again on their website and they have updated the position as of (10/22/12) with the position still available.

Interview Questions
    • I we hire you, will you be loyal to our company and not leave for another opportunity should it arrise?   View Answer

Worked for Ellie Mae? Contribute to the Community!