Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.9

904 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I went through one interview on the phone and then 3 interviews in person. Each interview was with someone higher up the corporate ladder than the previous. They weren't really tough interviews but it all depends on who is running that district. They like up front and peppy people with a hard work ethic. More of an "A" type personality.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to offer the position to you right now, would you take it?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Everyone has to apply online and If you know someone who works for the company I recommend you use their employee number for a referral (there are usually referral bonuses). Then there is a phone interview. Then you get a 1 on 1 face interview with the HR Manager. Then a branch visit where I recommend you take time to talk to the people in the office and be social instead of awkwardly sitting in a chair for an hour. You can even jump in to answer customer questions about directions or city sites if you are able. Then comes the one on one interview with the a Branch Manager and then with the Area Manager (sometimes you get them together).

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of behavioral type questions. These will focus on customer service and solving/diffusing difficult situations with a customer or several customers at once.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2014.

Filled out an online application and within two days received a personal email from the director of recruitment. From there I set up a date and time for a phone interview. Initial interview was very short and asked the same basic questions, "Name a difficult experience", "Have you ever had to complete a goal"...

Interview Questions
    • Even though you will be a management intern, are you willing to do the dirty work such as washing cars and driving people around?   Answer Question

Compensation was relatively low compared to other internships.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2014.

I filled out the application online, was called for a phone interview which I passed, then went in for a face to face interview with the talent acquisitions specialist. The interviewer appears to be looking for an aggressive salesperson more than a manager. So thats probably why I didn't get the job

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 interviews- not bad; my first interview we discussed sports; my second interview we discussed sports; my 3rd and final interview was the only serious one with the city manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important, customer service or sales? Answer in interview is CS however that is NOT really the answer once you start.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Countless of interviews- you first have a phone screen interview to see if you are qualified

The second interview is with the a human Resource deportment

3rd- location you might possibly work for

4th- regional manager.

I made it through all three except the last.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied for the position online after speaking with a Talent Requisition Manager at a local career fair. After I applied, my first phone interview was scheduled only a few days afterwards. After the phone interview was conducted I was told I would move on to the second round of interviews, which consisted of a face to face interview with a Branch Manager, if they were interested.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview I was mainly asked questions pertaining to my sales experience. Since I do not have much sales experience, it was hard for me to answer some of the questions and I had to "wing" some of my responses. Prior to the interview, I was thinking I would be working in a management position and be trained in areas such as sales, but it seemed as if they were more interested in finding a salesperson instead of a manager.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interviewing for Enterprise Rent-A-Car is quit a long hiring process. It was comprised of an initial online application, a couple of phone interviews, an in-person interview with the talent acquisition manager, and a final interview with the area manager. The final interview day included an observation day at one of the local branches.

Management Trainee Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I got to the second interview which was with a branch mgr and an area mgr. They both seemed nice. Asked me personality based questions and experiences. Thought I aced the interview but not in a cocky way, I was just proud of myself. Well they said I did great! And told me they hire mainly ppl (guys) right out of college who played football or another sport that were competitive. I knew that wasn't me but I have 15 yrs with customer service and I have competitiveness in me, so I didn't think much of it. They told me I would hear within the next 48hrs... Well my 48hr window passed so I sent a follow up note. 2 weeks later I get an email saying they decided to pass i was not only shocked but hurt they took so long to tell me no.

Interview Questions
    • When are 3 times you had to show competitive spirit toward something....   Answer Question