Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.9

868 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

2 interviews - one via phone, one in a branch
    Was offered the job on the spot. They were looking for a lot of interns, but the hiring ratio was 1:10.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a negative customer experience? What are your weaknesses? Describe your best sale. How do you make yourself stand out during a sale? What is your coursework like? What is your sales experience?   Answer Question
    I was offered the job on the spot.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone interview, then face to face interview, didnt make it past that. They had me shadow their day to day business for about an hour which I thought was odd since I hadn't been hired.

Management Trainee Interview

Applied online. Received an email later in the week asking if we could set up a phone interview. Interview was basic and asked questions about experience. Was set-up for an in-person interview at their regional office. Interviewer was nice but asked the same questions re-worded about 4-5 times. Was told I would be contacted if they decided to move on to the next interview. Was contacted later to tell me they moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was being asked multiple times about how I went above and beyond what was required while I was working. It was rephrased every time but essentially was the same question. Eventually it became difficult recalling appropriate stories.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Process was very professional. The interview questions were basic and were not difficult. I had a brief interview at the college career fair. I received a call the same day to schedule an interview. They like people who are competitive. They are also looking for long-term employees so be sure that your career objective is in line with theirs. Although the interview really liked me and thought my interview went well, she did not hire me because my career objective did not line up with Enterprises'.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The first interview was over the phone. I was traveling when I got the call and stopped on the side of the road to take it. After the phone interview, I was invited to a second interview at the regional office. They were flexible as I was out of town at the time. I went in and first met and interviewed with a Management Trainee, who allowed me to ask questions about daily operations. Afterwards, I was taken to the site manager's office and interviewed with him and the regional manager. They were all very welcoming and were interested in getting to know me as a person, as well as a potential employee. Shortly thereafter I was offered a position with another one of their local offices.

Interview Questions
    • They were interested in my military background, primarily with leadership and management responsibilities. The questions were mostly behavioral but some did have to do with sales experience. It was all pretty standard. Nothing I can think of caught me off-guard. Just be sure you can talk specifically about past experiences and how you handled bad situations.   Answer Question
    Intern pay was standard. No negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Pretty involved interview process. First was an interview over the phone while I was living in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Because I was moving, I had my second interview in Toronto, Ontario, where their Canadian HQ is. After that I had a meeting at the branch where I was to placed.

Interview Questions
    • It is a sales position, and so they asked about how I would deal with failure. Its a tough question, you will fail. You will fail a lot.   Answer Question
    Set pay. No real option.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online, had a quick phone interview, then she set up an in person interview with HR. The whole process went pretty quick. Interview was pretty straight forward. Interviewer didn't seem like she wanted to interact, she just wanted to ask the usual questions. I did not make it to the next step of the interview process, but it would've been another interview with the manager of the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Have you even sold something to someone who didn't want it.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I talked to a recruiter and sent them a thank you e-mail. A couple days later they e-mailed me for asking for an interview. The interview was one on one and they mostly asked behavioral questions. I still haven't heard back from them about second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a customer was upset with your service and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview depends on the interviewer. They are looking for a good fit for the branch/ area, Enterprise likes to focus on creating a sales environment. Interview should talk about your passion for sales and that you are a hard worker. Phone screen, Interview with Area Recruiter, Branch visit and interview, Regional VP interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed on ambition you ability to thrive in adverse situations.   Answer Question
    none