Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
797 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Wilton, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted via phone and asked about moving violations, what I considered good customer service, etc.

Then I did an in-person interview. Things went south very quickly. The interviewer constantly tried to "fact check" my examples, and claimed I was lying in at least 2 situations. He also was very confrontational throughout the interview, telling me that my examples weren't good enough and that other candidates were much better than I was. I am a graduate of a highly ranked university with countless internships, jobs, and high grades. He continued to nitpick and try to make me feel that my experiences were not valid in any way, and then decided to tell me that he didn't think I would do a good job. He asked me if I felt I was persuasive. When I said yes, he laughed in my face. Then he yawned and started texting on his iPhone. I wish I were making this up, but I truly had the worst interview experience I have ever had in my life.

At the end, it was time for me to ask questions. I asked him about the negative online reviews, how even got to his position, and why he thought pitting 5 trainees against one another for one management spot was conducive to a productive environment. By the end of this, he was very uncomfortable.

He then proceeded to ask me about the other jobs I was applying to. I listed several of the high-profile organizations I had applied to and have interviews scheduled with. He seemed to get even more uncomfortable and again tried to "catch" me lying. Then he showed me the door.

I applied to this program because I wasn't afraid of hard work and I knew I could do it, despite all the negative reviews I had read on here. The sheer rudeness and contempt I was met with from the minute I walked in the door was so shocking that I don't think I could ever work for this company. I'm a quality, highly educated, and experienced candidate who has done successfully in many other job interviews. I was well dressed, groomed, and very well prepared. There was nothing that warranted this kind of treatment and I am disgusted that I was called in simply to be his personal punching bag for an hour.

Interview Questions

• I interview 100 people in a month. Guess how many I choose?   View Answer
  • There are people who come in here with multiple leadership experiences, clubs, sports etc. ... and then there's you. With nothing. Why should I even pick you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Being treated how I was in the interview was inexcusable. I understand paying your dues and earning the respect of others, but I was treated so poorly that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like working there.

Management Trainee

Interview Details The interview process start with a phone interview which tells you about the job such as pay and the hours you will be working and if you are comfortable with it. The next step to this is they will ask you to come in to their office for an interview face to face in which they will want to know more about your past experiences with working with customers. Please answer these behavioral questions with the STAR method and be thorough as possible. If you proceed from here you will be asked to come to one of the enterprise locations and you will be asked to observe the environment and work area. If I were you, and if you are truly interested in this job, do not sit down. Stand up and ask questions, talk to the customers so that you really understand the work environment. I did not make it beyond this point but the next step would be another interview with the district manager I believe. I believe the ultimate factor is that you really have to fit in with the culture of the environment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details They go through a very thorough interview process, from what I gathered they seems to try to interview everyone and to weed out through each stage until they get their best or final candidate. Yet still they have hiring issues like at any organization. The Management Trainee program used to hire students straight out of college, put them through long hours, even washing cars in your suit and tie in promise of a store management position 3 years down the road. In my honest opinion, I think this is great experience for the post-grad. However as they had difficulty staffing that type of individual they wanted, they started to interview workforce professionals looking for a career change as well.

You first apply online and if qualified, receive a call for a short 10 minute phone interview, pretty straight-forward questions. I assume if you can answer them without hesitation you get to the next step.

The next step is an in-person interview with a talent acquisition specialist. I interviewed with one who was very knowledgeable and went through the Management Trainee program herself and got promoted in a short amount of time. I actually enjoyed speaking with her and I could tell she was a very motivated, talented individual. However I could tell her workload was demanding as when I got there she was interviewing one candidate. Then next the next and then me, all within an hour, one after another.

I felt I did well and was invited to the third round of interviews, which was an in-person shadow interview where the branch manager and district manager both interview you as you get to see what they do hands-on. I declined because I was working full-time then and to get 2 days off in 2 weeks wasn't easy for me, in addition I had 3 other interviews on hand already. Furthermore I had to assess, that I would be working 50hr/weeks for the same wage as compared to my current job which I didn't enjoy as much but was making the same wage only working 40hr/weeks. But it came down to really doing my homework and I think everyone should while job hunting these days.

If you truly are a qualified candidate, much like this interview process, you should be looking to weed out potential employers. See I went in the store before the 3rd round of interviews and "mystery shopped" them if you want to call it. Where I asked a couple Management Trainees what they thought. I met a young charismatic gentleman who seemed to fit the mode, right out of college, earning his keeps and very upbeat. I could tell he'd move up fast up the ladder. The other was a professional in his early 40s perhaps who told me "this is my last day at work." I congratulated him. And I met another young lady, who seemed indifferent. So you get a bit of everything. I'd have to rate my experience positive as they did take the time. The disconnect really was the long hours and low wage, which is fine, I'm happy to earn my keeps but as a young professional with some experience already, I knew I could make more elsewhere.

Interview Question – Are you competitive? Give me a scenario.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long Hours/Low Pay

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Interview Details applied in May, was called for an interview a week later. was asked situational based questions which i think i aced but wasnt called back for a second interview because i was made to understand there are 3 interviews in all. i think my accent was the problem though because I still had my strong African accent. Spent only less than a month in US

Interview Question – basically questions about tell me when ... e.g tell me when you couldnt resolve an issue with a customer...what is the highest sales you've ever made...   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details first interview is with the recruiter. second interview is in the head office where they ask you some general questions and finally the third interview is with the branch manager where you will work. The interview process is very long however you will learn a lot and this will help you to apply elsewhere with no problem at all.So, even if you dont get the job.. you will still get out with some life experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. (I always find this question hard to answer)   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Phone interview, then an interview with the recruiter, then an interview/shadow at the branch you will be placed, then an interview with a department head. Ask questions, shake hands, don't be intimidated. Be confident!

Interview Question – The company is very sales driven and competitive. Focus on being a team player but still competitive.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details Interview process was held that the Chula Vista office. I arrived 15 minutes early and had to wait another 15 minutes in order for the recruiter to finish his prior interview. He read questions off of papers and explained the hiring process. I thought I did well but apparently failed an interview that wasn't very difficult at all.

Interview Question – Are you a competitive person?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Quick interview process. I was contacted within a week and had a phone interview. I was able to get the job within 3 weeks.

There are 3 stages: an initial phone interview, in person interview with a recruiter, and a regional manager interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Augusta, ME (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2014.

Interview Details They really like to promote a fun work environment and culture. When I went in for a Branch observation they had told me they just finished tossing a football around. The assistant branch manager guided me through this. The office was very busy but they all played it off as fun. After the observation I met with the territory manager. This is when they asked a lot of "canned" questions. Such as from 1-10 how competitive are you? Enterprise does ask you to be somewhat flexible with ability to move locations if you want to advance through the company. The position I applied for was advertised for in the area I currently live. At each step of the process (4 total) the location of the job had changed. I was comfortable with moving to any of the first 3 locations, but the location I was offered a position at was in an area that is dangerous and I was not comfortable with moving to. This part was frustrating to me. I felt they really didn't know where they wanted me, they just wanted a body. I had 2 phone interviews and then did the branch observation and interview with the territory manager in one day. I was never told there was a company dress code. I showed up in a light blue shirt with a tie and a jacket and the manager proceeded to berate me on my appearance. This was a major turn off for me. While ERAC as a whole corporation may be fantastic, perhaps their northeast region is not as well run as they think. It is difficult to get corporations to change but I feel they should come into 2014 and ease up on the white shirt only policy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I felt this particular region is disorganized and is not the company for me.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!