Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Applied online and received an email back to set up a phone interview. Interview was basic info about resume and college education. Set up a face to face at the end of the phone interview for the following week. The questions were STAR related ones. I answered all the questions with god responses i thought and left the interview confident. I got a letter in the mail two days later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
What do you look for in this company?
  Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details Submitted my resume online through Enterprise, the recruiter got back to me couple days afterwards and e-mailed the possible times for a phone interview. Everything is pretty standard and normal. Through the e-mail, everything is professional as what anyone would expect. You e-mailed the recruiter back when the best possible times for you would be.

Interview Question – No question was unexpected or difficult, the phone interviewer was very rude and did not do his job to recruit but put a bad picture for it so I didn't answer many of the interview questions as well as I had intended to.   Answer Question

Columbia, SC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2011.

Interview Details Met recruiter at college career fair. Filled out an application online. Application was accepted and an interview was scheduled. Interview was based mainly on behavioral questions. Entire process was very structured, and the recruiter was very honest when it came to answering questions pertaining to the job, benefits, opportunities for advancement, etc.

Interview Question – What was one time that you overcame a difficult work situation and how?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Interview Details Fairly extensive process that began at a college internship fair at my local university. I handed my resume to the table attendant at the fair and later received an email requesting a phone interview. After the phone interview with a woman in HR, she asked if I could then meet her a month later for a one on one interview. After asking some questions relating to my experience in sales and just comfortable questions about my life and experiences, she said they would like to schedule yet another interview another month later with my local branch manager which I have yet to have. Seems like it would be worth it in the end if offered a position.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Phone interview. Pretty basic background questions. What attracted you to the company and what makes you a good candidate. Describe your selling experiences. Both a time you made a mistake and a time where you had to up sell something

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you convinced a customer to buy something they weren't wanting to buy   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee
Central Junction, GA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details I applied for two positions with this organization in central Georgia in early April 2014.

Interview Question – Unfortunately, no one has either acknowledged or made contact with me by phone or by e-mail.   Answer Question

North, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details I was sent a request to apply online.I waited about a week and then applied online. I was called back in hours of submitting my profile with resume. The first interview was over the phone she asked me a few questions which was like she didn't even care about the answers. She sent me in to the headquarters for this area which was 27 miles away. I met with the hiring recruiter I thought she was krass. She acted as though she was better than this she asked why did I apply, I responded with I was sent an email. She stated which one like why did they send you. I was like you asked me to come here you saw my resume and responded to it. The interview process was okay but I felt she was sarcastic and fake. She said I would hear back by email if they decided to proceed but clearly I wouldn't make any further. It took two days to tell me because of my answers to her questions she has decided to move forward with other applicants. She also stated it was not rocket science its just selling cars. I just though she was so full of her self. That's only my opinion.

Interview Question – None standard how would you handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details I did three interviews and I really actually like the company. Compensation was way too low. Guy that worked there came up to me and said he made 60k after ten years. It was hard not to laugh

Interview Question – Nothing all easy questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low compensation and impossible to interview for other jobs while working 9-7 daily.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Took a total of 3 weeks. Did a phone interview then got a call back for a face to face interview. About a week later i received a call saying they are going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Question – When was a time you missed a deadline and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Hackensack, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Phone Interview - 15-20 minutes asking basic qualifications questions (driving history, bachelors degree, what attracted you to the company, etc.) followed by questions asking for specific examples of times you've handled difficult customers or gone the extra mile for a customer, times you're successfully made sales or been persuasive, times you've taken a leadership role or motivated others, what you liked and disliked about prior jobs, etc. Key is to be specific - don't say "I did that every day" and then discuss a generic job function - tell a story that you can brag about.

1st Face to Face Interview - Meeting with a company recruiter. Usually fairly laid back and casual, but still professional. Similar questions as on the phone, but in more detail. Candidates should be prepared to tell stories and share specific examples of times they have dealt with certain situations. Dress professionally, arrive early, display enthusiasm, ask questions.

2nd Face to Face Interview - Often in a branch location with an Area Manager and maybe a Branch or Assistant Manager. Similar to the first face to face interview (may even hear some of the exact same questions) because the 1st interviewer doesn't share the specific answers you gave from the 1st interview. They will be measuring your ability to impact their business and your long term desire to be successful and promotable. They want to know that they are bringing on someone with a long-term, big picture focus, someone who wants to be an MT. If you tell them that you just want a job or that you want the job because "cops and teachers aren't hiring" or because you need to pay for law school, that won't end well. It's important to understand - they are seeking career-focused people.

Branch Observation - either after the 1st or the 2nd interview. Gives the job seeker a chance to see "a day in the life" of an employee for an hour or two. Ask lots of questions, interact with the entire team (and even make small talk with the customers) and don't just sit back and watch.

3rd Face to Face Interview - back at the HQ with a higher up manager, like a Vice President or a Regional Manager. Important to explain what attracted you to the company and sell them on why you will be a great fit. Ask lots of questions, especially about long-term opportunity, mentorship, training, etc.

While all this occurs, the recruiter will run background checks on you. It's important at every turn to 1) be honest, and 2) be specific.

Interview Question – What are your greatest weaknesses?
What would your last supervisor say they'd like to see you improve at?
What was the best peice of criticism you received?
Give me an example of a time you failed at something.
What are your biggest concerns about this job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cut and dry - everyone starts off equal, so there isn't a real negotiation. It's like a board game - everyone starts off at "start" but how far they go and how quickly they get there depends on them and their performance.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!