Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2014
35 interviews

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week.

The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email.

At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate.

The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails.

The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

1st Interview you will meet with a Talent Acquisition Manager. You will basically review your resume and they may ask you about specifics of certain jobs you had held in the past. I was offered a second interview right on the spot.

2nd Interview- You will meet with a Area Manager and a Branch Manager at the possible site you will be working out. This process usually last about two hours. The first hour you can observe and make sure to ask a lot of questions. Many of the employees went through the same process that you are currently going through. The second hour of the interview will be the time where they really drill you about your resume. They will ask you for specific situations.
    I would not say the interview is very difficult, but it is not easy either. They really want to make sure you can handle the difficulty of the sales position.

In the end I did not pursue a 3rd interview because the job did not align with my interests, but I have heard that the 3rd interview is with a regional VP and this is the time where they do background checks and try to learn more about your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think customers are always right and do they deserve refunds?   View Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Applied online and received an email back to set up a phone interview. Interview was basic info about resume and college education. Set up a face to face at the end of the phone interview for the following week. The questions were STAR related ones. I answered all the questions with god responses i thought and left the interview confident. I got a letter in the mail two days later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      What do you look for in this company?
        Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Submitted my resume online through Enterprise, the recruiter got back to me couple days afterwards and e-mailed the possible times for a phone interview. Everything is pretty standard and normal. Through the e-mail, everything is professional as what anyone would expect. You e-mailed the recruiter back when the best possible times for you would be.

Interview Questions
    • No question was unexpected or difficult, the phone interviewer was very rude and did not do his job to recruit but put a bad picture for it so I didn't answer many of the interview questions as well as I had intended to.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2011.

Met recruiter at college career fair. Filled out an application online. Application was accepted and an interview was scheduled. Interview was based mainly on behavioral questions. Entire process was very structured, and the recruiter was very honest when it came to answering questions pertaining to the job, benefits, opportunities for advancement, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time that you overcame a difficult work situation and how?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Fairly extensive process that began at a college internship fair at my local university. I handed my resume to the table attendant at the fair and later received an email requesting a phone interview. After the phone interview with a woman in HR, she asked if I could then meet her a month later for a one on one interview. After asking some questions relating to my experience in sales and just comfortable questions about my life and experiences, she said they would like to schedule yet another interview another month later with my local branch manager which I have yet to have. Seems like it would be worth it in the end if offered a position.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Phone interview. Pretty basic background questions. What attracted you to the company and what makes you a good candidate. Describe your selling experiences. Both a time you made a mistake and a time where you had to up sell something

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you convinced a customer to buy something they weren't wanting to buy   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Central Junction, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Central Junction, GA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for two positions with this organization in central Georgia in early April 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, no one has either acknowledged or made contact with me by phone or by e-mail.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in North, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

I was sent a request to apply online.I waited about a week and then applied online. I was called back in hours of submitting my profile with resume. The first interview was over the phone she asked me a few questions which was like she didn't even care about the answers. She sent me in to the headquarters for this area which was 27 miles away. I met with the hiring recruiter I thought she was krass. She acted as though she was better than this she asked why did I apply, I responded with I was sent an email. She stated which one like why did they send you. I was like you asked me to come here you saw my resume and responded to it. The interview process was okay but I felt she was sarcastic and fake. She said I would hear back by email if they decided to proceed but clearly I wouldn't make any further. It took two days to tell me because of my answers to her questions she has decided to move forward with other applicants. She also stated it was not rocket science its just selling cars. I just though she was so full of her self. That's only my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • None standard how would you handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

I did three interviews and I really actually like the company. Compensation was way too low. Guy that worked there came up to me and said he made 60k after ten years. It was hard not to laugh

Interview Questions

Low compensation and impossible to interview for other jobs while working 9-7 daily.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!