Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 2 Nov 2014
Updated 2 Nov 2014

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

After I applied online, I was contacted within 5 days. The first interview/phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. Basic information was asked: Why are you interested in this company? Tell me about yourself? etc. The woman on the other end of the line then discussed what the job entailed: 50+ hours a week, weekends, etc. She then set me up for another phone interview 3 days later with another HR woman. This interview was far more in depth. A lot of STAR and behavioral questions, but I felt prepared. Personal Sales Goals/Experience was by far and way the most important topic discussed. Much of my sales experience comes from retail and is very team oriented (Sales Goals for the store rather than personal). After the interview, I concluded that this was probably not the right company for me. I remember reading a review of this company days before the interview which stated, "A company for Type A personalities." After the interview I came to the same conclusion. Regardless, it is a great company with a phenomenal sales training program. A few days after, I received a notification stating that they had moved on to other candidates. In a way, I felt a sense of relief since I had lost interest at this point.

Interview Questions
  • What would make you stay with us if you received a better offer from another employer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

Applied online, heard from the recruiter within 5 days. Got my first interview within 8 days of hearing from them. I went to a corporate head quarters fully prepared for the interview. The recruiter asked me questions for about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview I questioned him for about 15 minutes on the company. I felt everything went really well. I none of the questions really stumped me. I heard back from them via email the following monday and they informed me they were going to go in a different direction. Which was fine, it was my first interview after college. Good experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a tough customer. And how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very thorough process consisting of 3 rounds of interviews. many of the questions are redundant but I think what they're really looking for is consistency and personality. The second round is the most rigorous consisting mostly of situational questions, "tell me about a time when..." they're looking for very specific examples so make sure you come prepared with lots of details.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the 3 most important factors you are looking for in a career?   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week.

The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email.

At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate.

The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails.

The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

No negotiation.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Applied online and received an email back to set up a phone interview. Interview was basic info about resume and college education. Set up a face to face at the end of the phone interview for the following week. The questions were STAR related ones. I answered all the questions with god responses i thought and left the interview confident. I got a letter in the mail two days later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      What do you look for in this company?
        Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

1st Interview you will meet with a Talent Acquisition Manager. You will basically review your resume and they may ask you about specifics of certain jobs you had held in the past. I was offered a second interview right on the spot.

2nd Interview- You will meet with a Area Manager and a Branch Manager at the possible site you will be working out. This process usually last about two hours. The first hour you can observe and make sure to ask a lot of questions. Many of the employees went through the same process that you are currently going through. The second hour of the interview will be the time where they really drill you about your resume. They will ask you for specific situations.
    I would not say the interview is very difficult, but it is not easy either. They really want to make sure you can handle the difficulty of the sales position.

In the end I did not pursue a 3rd interview because the job did not align with my interests, but I have heard that the 3rd interview is with a regional VP and this is the time where they do background checks and try to learn more about your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think customers are always right and do they deserve refunds?   View Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Submitted my resume online through Enterprise, the recruiter got back to me couple days afterwards and e-mailed the possible times for a phone interview. Everything is pretty standard and normal. Through the e-mail, everything is professional as what anyone would expect. You e-mailed the recruiter back when the best possible times for you would be.

Interview Questions
    • No question was unexpected or difficult, the phone interviewer was very rude and did not do his job to recruit but put a bad picture for it so I didn't answer many of the interview questions as well as I had intended to.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Phone interview. Pretty basic background questions. What attracted you to the company and what makes you a good candidate. Describe your selling experiences. Both a time you made a mistake and a time where you had to up sell something

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you convinced a customer to buy something they weren't wanting to buy   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Junction, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Junction, GA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for two positions with this organization in central Georgia in early April 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, no one has either acknowledged or made contact with me by phone or by e-mail.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Took a total of 3 weeks. Did a phone interview then got a call back for a face to face interview. About a week later i received a call saying they are going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you missed a deadline and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question