Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Recruiter, several interviews- lots of behavioral questions

Interview Question – They give you five words that mean most to the company and ask you to rate the from most important to least.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Interview Details Went through the whole process, had four interviews, really thought would get the job but they made no offer. Interview process is very long. They ask almost every question that could be out there. 3rd interview was mostly repeating the first face to face interivew. four accounting questions basically is asset a debit or credit... is expense a debit or credit.. liability..revenue.. so they were really basic.. but yes i am not sure what they look for when they are searching for this position.

Interview Question – one goal that you failed to achieve?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2013.

Interview Details Standard behavioral type interview.

Interview Question – The difference between leaders and listeners.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Set up interview via email 3 hours after posting my resume. Interview was following week. Simple get to know you questions with recruiter for first interview. Response within a day or two. Second interview was with assistant controller and another accountant. Next interview is with controller, although I didn't make it to that point.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you for this job?   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview Details Seems to be the same as the management trainees. First a phone interview with HR, then an in person with HR and then in person with Accounting Supervisor, Controller and VP one right after the other. The questions were very centered around customer service. Luckily I knew this beforehand so any experience they asked about I geared towards customers. As long as you have an accounting degree they seem to trust that you have the accounting knowledge necessary.

Interview Question – List 3 qualities you think an accountant should have.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Salaries are standard for Staff Accountants across the board.

Staff Accountant

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2013.

Interview Details I put in an application online. I met with a recruiter from enterprise at a school career fair. I got a call the next day for an interview. The first interview consisted of behavioral questions. The next day I got an email to submit a background check. After that, I got a phone call for a second interview. The second interview was some behavioral, some info about the company, and accounting question (How do you do a bank rec). I met the senior accountant and comptroller. The next business day I got a call for an offer. The salary was negotiable!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond to complete a task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Wilton, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

Interview Details I'm writing this in hopes it will help others looking for a similar position. I just finished with the initial phone interview so I can only offer help with that. Like what others have said its a basic interview which last about ten minutes. Started off with do I have a valid drivers license and what my driving record was. Next was why I wanted to work for enterprise. All of which I was expecting. Then they threw me for a loop. Questions I thought would be asked during the second interview according to some other reviews were asked during this first phone interview. The recruiter asked about 7-8 accounting questions regarding debits and credits. Obviously being an accounting major I should have had these in the bag but with no work experience in acc and being out of school for more than a year, I was a bit rusty so be prepared!! He then asked some situational questions like how did I deal with an irate customer while still having great customer service. Some other questions were name 3/4 words I would use to describe myself and why should the company choose me over other applicants. Again this is from the first phone interview which I just finished today and I'm waiting for a call back. Good luck to whomever reads this and remember these questions aren't guaranteed to be asked.

Interview Question – I wasn't prepared for the numerous accounting questions he asked based on some other reviews on this site. Thought they would be for the second interview so I didn't study up on the basics of debits and credits. :(   Answer Question

Gardena, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

Interview Details First phone interview took about 5-7 minutes, mostly to confirm you are the right person are you 18 or older, did you have car accidents in the last 3 years etc. Then was asked to give an available time for a second interview.
The second phone interview was with the same person plus the Business Manager.
How did you handle an irate customer? how did you go above and beyond to solve a task? what's the position you are applying for? example of negotiation and time-management from prior experience. Some debits and credits questions. The interview was about 30 minutes.
Third interview was face-to-face with the same two people. Questions were mostly behavioral plus they will check if you did your research on the company.

Interview Questions

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2012.

Interview Details First interview was over the phone for about 10 mins. The second interview was a one on one interview basic questions about the company and why I would be a good fit. Third inteview was with a panel of three and a lot more intense.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Found posting through third party site. Conducted phone interview about a week and a half later. Phone interview consisted of basic preliminary checks: authorized to work, driving record, what's your interest in the company, etc.. First interview was basic situational questions: how did you handle an upset customer, accomplishment you are proud of, why do u wanna work here, what sets you apart. Called back for second round. First round with recruiter, second round with hiring manager, suspect third round.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Staff Accountant interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.