Essilor of America Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep 2014
Updated 15 Sep 2014

2.9

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

easy straight forward

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Questions
    Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   View Answer
    No negotiable.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

One hour phone interview with Talent Aquisition. Asked standard intervew questions -nothing difficult. TA asked for past salary ranges immediately. Would not reveal pay scale for the opportunity. Inteviewed 5 candidates in person with 2 VPs at the office.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Learning Solutions Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2012.

Interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview, in person and a skills test. No call back after repeated emails to the recruiter and no feedback shared about why I was not advanced even upon requesting it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would manage an employee that has the skill to do the job but lacks motivation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2012.

1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Schedule interview by another recruiter. 3) Personality test. 4) Face to face interview with hiring manager and HR 5) Last 2nd round face to face interview with hiring manager and area manager.6) After 3-weeks I am still waiting for a call for a Y/N response, very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with an employee that refuses to follow your instructions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in September 2011.

HR interview was straight forward.
    Panel interview with 2 hiring managers, one is French. He wanted to speak French to me since my resume mentioned I'm a French linguist as well. It was a bit strange since the other interviewer did not speak French. I had gear back the discussion to why I was there and get back to business.

I was asked to do an MS Excel test online.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work late at night, sometime the two of us logged in from home around midnight.   Answer Question

Worked for Essilor of America? Contribute to the Community!