Eurofins Scientific Interview Questions

3.1

Associate Director Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakleigh
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakleigh

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eurofins Scientific in September 2014.

Through a recruiter I was sold the opportunity to attend an interview with a Director. Interview was in Oakleigh, a substantial distance from Melbourne CBD. I had just returned from overseas and was told in no uncertain terms, relayed from Eurofins, that I could not delay the process by a day in order to properly effect the interview and overcome some jetlag, despite suggesting this was a preferred option. Turned up and was neither impressed by the locale or offices. OK, so maybe I am a snob so I tried to clear that from my disposition. I was met by the Director. Didn't get a "hi, did you find the offices ok?", or "thanks for coming", just "please go in here for your test". Test was psychometric (logic) and calcs. (0.5 hours). Interview followed, no structure. Interviewer couldn't care less about my experience or skill-set, and was more interested in how old I am/was. Thoroughly unpleasant chap, with little or no interest in even attempting to sell me the role. I interpreted the whole process and interviewer as both contemptuous and rude. Complete waste of my time and speaking of time, I couldn't even get a "thanks for your time" at the end of the interview even though I certainly gave one. Just Wow! On a positive note, it makes for the best interview story ever.

Lab Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific.

Applied through a recruiter, and was invited to interview 3 weeks after applying. This was 1st and only interview. A short, 45 minute interview with 2 interviewers, which consisted simply of my background and competency based questions, and given tour of the lab. Interviewers were very friendly, allowing me to feel relaxed throughout.

.NET Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in July 2014.

The process went very quick. It was through a hunting company. I had a first interview with the people from the hunting company, then this second interview at Eurofins Belgium. This interview lasted quite long (in total around 4 hours). I arrived at 10am in the morning, the first one hour is computer test. The test is a program written in C#, we have to how many unit tests have passed and how many not. For the un-passed ones, correct them. I was at the last question, which requires to write a unit test. It is about looping a list, I answered to use a enumerator. But time was up quickly that I could not finish writing my code. (In general, all the 5 questions were easy, except the last one that you have to write code, and the time is limited). Second hour is written tests consisting 3 parts: about .c#, algorithms, and SQL. Again, I cannot finish it because of the time limits. It was a junior position, so the interviewer told me he cares more about the computer test rather than the written test. At lunch, they provided me salade and bread. In the afternoon, mainly face-to-face talk interview. The next day I got the interview feedback.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in May 2014.

Applied foe multiple positions since august of 2013 and only just recieved a call in my, dont apply until AFTER you have a degree. General questions were asked in the jnteeview, bestand worst traits etc... HR and 8 managers interview me, rather intimdating at first but all very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • Define trust and how do you develop trust with others.   Answer Question
    Negotiations didnt occur.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in July 2013.

Dedication in organizing the recruitment drive is commendable. Well Organized and phased manner assessment. Entire interview process though exhaustive got over in less than half a day. Recruiters keep well informed on the process and progress

Really Great

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eurofins Scientific in March 2013.

Everything was very nonprofessional and nonchalant. It felt as though they were just going through the motions. The vibe they gave off was as if the interviewees were wasting their time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard. They just asked about lab experiences.   Answer Question
    It was through a head hunting company so there were no negotiations. I later found out while working there that they prefer to use head hunting companies so they can low ball offers with no negotiating.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in February 2013.

2 Rounds of technical and 1 round of tech interview face to face. Face to face was after a written test.

Interview Questions
    • Some analytical question related to few alogrithms. What is the output of the algorithms etc.
      x = 0
      x = x +1
      x = x*3 + 2
      x = 2 * ( x + 2)
      Write example of the 3 design patterns?
      When you should not use index in database?
      Some Update/Select/Delete and Insert statements which were simple
      What are the problems in the following code
      Function DoSomeThing(Long B) As Long
                         Ind = Ind * 2
                         Count += 1
                   End While
      End Function
      What does try.. catch .. finally do before giving results? - executes finally
        Answer Question
    Not very clear with the offer. Terms and conditions will be provided only during joining. So not sure whether to join or not. Unprofessional offer..

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in October 2011.

They give one interview to the staff and then you are taken to the laboratory. I was then offered the job and told to see the way the laboratory works. They wanted me to stay there the whole shift but because of a problem in the laboratory I never stayed. But I was given a chance to make a colliert tray with 100ml of water mixed in powder. Which is a main part of the water laboratory work. I spoke to others afterwards and they said they were taken to the food laboratory and asked to cut a fruit sample to a certain weight and test it.

Interviewed by two people, the main manager and the team leader. While waiting for the interview sat with others waiting for interview. Interviews tend to recruit several people not just one. There is a unused building across the road where you can park, the road outside the building is normally full of cars. And surrounding roads need a permit otherwise park near willesden junction station and walk down.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking if I would be prepared to do the work saying sample come on a conveyor belt. This is so you expect the worse to stop people leaving job early. No real technical questions. Worth researching MLGA, Colliert and Pipetting for water lab jobs.   Answer Question
    A agent phoned and asked if I wanted the job. Each time he called he changed the amount of money offered. Pay went down from £14000 a year to £12500 a year. Another person refused to work for £10000 and got more pay. Negotiate for £14000 which you should get. But you may get £12000 to £13000 otherwise. They will try to get you cheap as possible.

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in January 2010.

This was an atypical, unusual process for an atypical position and location. Application instructions were to call a phone number and leave a message after the instructions. There were no instructions as to who the Company was, their location other than city name or exactly what the position was or required. I left the required information after the phone recording. After 3 days, I received a phone call requesting a personal interview at which time I was given the work-site location, date & time and the site supervisor to meet. I arrived at the interview allotted time to find I was following another interviewee, and I will tell you now, that when I left, another interviewee was arriving. We did not sit in an office for the interview, but sat in the sampling and lab areas of the work site. The Supervisor was warm and pleasant to speak with and asked that scary question everyone worries about..."Tell me about yourself." We had 45 minutes of questions and answers that we both brought up during the interview. Most of the questions from the Supervisor were truly not about my past employment history. At the end of the interview, I was politely and warmly instructed how to find my way back out of the facilities and that the position would be filled within 7-10 days, but not to expect confirmation unless I was personally called. I must state at this point, I still had not been asked for or had given my resume to the Supervisor or anyone else. I asked before leaving the interview if they would like a copy of my resume, and was told that if I wanted to leave a copy, to give it to the Security Guard at the gate, I did leave a copy of my resume with the Guard along with a handwritten Thank You note. Still to this day, this was the most unusual and unexpected process I have experienced todate.

Interview Questions
    • The employment position, as I was informed at the interview, was for a part-time position as a lab tech and grader (this was not noted in the job posting). I was looking for a full-time position as I wanted to close the 14 year old business that I presently owned. Due to the down economy, that was my reason for searching for alternative employment. I just knew in my heart that I wanted this job opportunity, but feared beyond hope that it had gone to someone else--besides, they didn't even really want my resume! On the 8th. day following the interview, I received a call from the Site Supervisor asking if I were interested in the position spoken about. I was excited and quite shocked at the same time at the offer. It honestly was not the full time position I had hoped for and the hourly rate was less than expected, but I wanted the job and the opportunity to work with this Site-Supervisor whom was so warm and personable. I started work the next week. Within 80 days, I was working full-time and learning every possible job Eurofins had available on-site. Within 8 months, I was asked if I would consider a Supervisory position.

The most Unexpected Questions and Answers. 1st. were my question(s) to the Site-Supervisor...(Q)..How many people applied for the initial part-time position? (A)..150+ response calls as of the date of my interview (remember, that was within 3 days of the advertised job posting that I was called for the interview) and the response calls were still adding to the list. They shut down the recording after over 200 responses. (Q) I am completely astounded, out of all of these recorded responses and No Resume's to review, how did you decide to personally interview those that you did call? (A) The professional sound and way you left your phone recorded response to the job posting. (Q) Why did you not want to review my resume. (A) I still have not read your resume. It has been placed in your employee file unread. I needed to know if I could work with you and you with the rest of the employees on staff. You were the best candidate I spoke with out of all.
        View Answer
    On the phone and Eurofins stated the terms and I accepted. Just That Simple!