Expedia Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Candidate needs to submit application by providing update CV. Recruiter will screen the CV and if on paper it fits the job profile, recruiter will connect with candidate for a phone screen. If after phone screen, recruiter finds the candidate suitable, then recruiter will send CV to the hiring manager for the first interview. If candidate seems fit, the candidate will be put through to interview loop with a few more interviewers in order to provide well-round feedback. On completion of the loop, the hiring manager will make hiring decision and recruiter will proceed to offer stage.

Lodging Support Agent Interview

Interview

I applied throught expedia website received phone call within a few days to arrange appoinment with the hiring manager. After appoinment It took two days to get final decision. Everyone was Very welcoming

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, theY offered me a package

Network Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Possibly the worst show of recruiting I've ever seen. Process took just over a month, with 10+ day gaps between my emails and the recruiter's replies.

Started off with a standard non-technical interview with HR, it went well. The woman was nice. I was then handed off to a recruiter in Bellevue. On a Friday, they asked for my availability for the following week, for a technical interview. I promptly replied with many available times. A full week later, I get a reply apologizing for the delay, asking for more available times. Then this series of events repeats itself. You get the picture. By the time it was all said and done, they had filled the position. What a joke, and a waste of my time.

From the initial interview, it sounds like Expedia pays well and has a few nice perks. Otherwise, though, I have no idea how they expect to hire top talent when they treat their candidates this way.

Interview Questions

• They described a scenario and asked how I would go about remedying the situation.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute rushed phone call ( scheduled to be 2 hours.. very rude ), live, remote coding test in batches of 4-5 people via IRC ( ! ). Test consisted of 3 "problems" for some of which they supplied their own map/reduce "framework" implementation ( bonus points for that, however, experience with hadoop was a requirement.. )

Interview Questions

• Basic hadoop join questions..   Answer Question
    • Extremely open ended project management ( ? ) question : " What do you do if a customer files a bug report? " ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Expedia (Springfield, MO (US)).

Interview

I put my application in and received a call within 2 days for an interview. I went to an interview on a Wednesday morning and received an email within a few hours asking me to come back for a final interview. I went to final interview on a Friday and was called on Monday offering the job. The interview was basic interview questions, nothing sticks out that was unusual. If I could give any tips, it would be to be completely honest with your answers because they can see that. During the final interview several of the same questions were asked as the first. Interviewers were friendly and engaging, easy to talk to and get along with.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Campus interview, 30 mins, one algorithm problem. The problem is not hard, and the interviewer was very nice. I took 20 mins to write the code on a paper, and we examined the code together. The next couple of minutes he asked some behavior questions like why you want to work at Expedia. Three days later got a email about next step for an onsite.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Letter Combinations of a Phone Number   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through recruiter and had an initial phone interview. Had an initial discussion about my work, technologies I work on and then he explained about the job role. Then went on with coding question. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of pairs
      e.g (5,4) (6,2) (9,3) (2,5) (4,9)
      Find the longest contigious sequence

Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Interview

Applying on a Job fair of campus, then give me a telephone interview which is about 30 minutes.
    The telephone is from 11:00 to 11:25. The interviewer is very nice. The call is on time.
    On the same day, the HR contact me, and plan to have an on-site interview in March.

Interview Questions

• give an database to select some information using SQL, Java, PL/SQL, reverse a string, Design cycle, override   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Career fair, then I get phone interview. most of my friends get coding questions like 2 sum. For me, I don't know. I did answer the question well. I don't know why I get rejected.

Interview Questions

• Java concept, abstraction,Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. Started with personal questions, then asked a lot about my previous work experience and especially about my last job, and then I was asked a lot of senario questions (i.e. communication and negotiation with hoteliers/ revenue management). The interview lasted about 20-25 minutes. They also aksed me what salary would be satisfactory for me, and they said that they would get back to me with the result of the interview in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They first asked me about my past work experience, job achievements, skills and then they concentrated on "hypothetical senario" questions (e.g. What would you do if....). They insisted a lot on this kind of questions even though I didn't have previous experience on this position - very stressful - not friendly behaviour.
      Furthermore, I was asked why I am interested to work for the company, what do I know about the company, which are their products - they wanted details.

Answer Question