Expedia Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
292 interviews

3.1

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Expedia.

They requested for a phone interview a few days after i applied. The phone interview was dry and very much like a question answer session vs. a conversation. Made it feel like there were thousands of other applicants and i wasnt important

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions such as long term career plan, why expedia, etc nothing interesting, pretty boring interview :(   Answer Question

Didnt want to be part of an organization that hires people in such a weak manner. They didnt care about me in the interview, only cared about the questions they had so i figured that even if i was to join they wouldnt care about me so whats the point?

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

the first round was an online written test having verbal+quant+LR+tech objective ques+2 coding questions.the test was not very tough.after this they shortlisted some 30 students who then had 2 tech interviews followed by 1 and 2 for some HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • nothing as such but try to convince them with your answers   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

Process took a little over 4 weeks. Had an intial call with the recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with one of the engineers. Simple straight forward online coding on collabedit-like-environment. Led to an onsite call.

Onsite interview was a little different than the others . Did pretty well and interacted with the team . But sadly no offer was given or any feedback regarding how the interview went too.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected . Although it was pretty challenging. Signed an NDA so cannot disclose more details   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

I was contacted via an Expedia recruiter asking if I was open and looking for new opportunities. I said yes, and we got the ball rolling.

Phone Screen:
    The first was a technical phone screen, nothing new here. I was asked about things on my resume for the first 30 minutes and then had a technical question for the last 30 minutes.

I got a callback the next morning asking for an on campus interview. The recruiter and I emailed back and forth and scheduled an interview for the next week. A recruiting coordinator emailed me to confirm and gave me a schedule of who I was interviewing with and the times.

On Campus Interview:
    I was scheduled for 5 different interviews back to back. When I arrived and checked in, I was given a packet with my interview schedule and nice articles about what a great company Expedia is. I hadn't noticed until later that my list of interviewers had slightly changed (will be relevant later).

First and second interviewer were normal, asking me about my resume and then there were some technical questions.

My third interviewer was 30 minutes, (he wasn't on my original interviewer list so I assumed he got the notice last minute), but because of that it pushed my next interviews shorter and later as well. I believe since this interviewer wasn't prepared he gave me a technical problem that I thought was a little hard for a technical interview. (String permutation, I have made additional comments below about it).

The fourth and fifth interviews went as normal as they could after.

My fifth interviewer had told me I would receive a response within 3 days, unfortunately (as I expected), I had not heard anything in a week. It was only after I had emailed the recruiter again that she got back to me, saying that it was a no.

Interview Questions
    • Find all the permutations of a string.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

Applied through the college and it took 2 days. The first round was the written test which consists of the aptitude,technical(C,Data Structures,Os), Logical Reasoning and Coding section also(2 questions were there).From around 150+ students 30 got selected for the interview process. 3 rounds of interview followed by HR. Mainly focus on data structures like right view of BST, one question on array ,semaphores,Heap etc.

Revenue Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

I was contacted by email 3/21/12 by a recruiter about the Revenue Specialist position I applied online for in order to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter gave me a list of nine questions to answer like contact information, salary expectations, what are your greatest strengths, what makes me a good match for this role along with sending an updated resume/cover letter. On 3/22 I replied to the email with all the requested information. On 3/24 I was leaving out of the country without cell service for the entire following week. When I returned I emailed the recruiter verifying she received my information and making sure I didn’t miss any contact attempts she may have made. Then I received an automatic response stating her last day for Expedia was 3/23 and there was a new point of contact. I was thinking why would you have a recruiter start the interviewing process that was leaving the company in a couple days but I set my concerns aside and emailed the new recruiter.

I contacted the new recruiter and he sent me the same email the initial recruiter sent me with the 9 questions. I was curious on why the new recruiter did not get all the information on the candidates from the previous recruiter. It wasn’t a big deal, and I forwarded my answers to him that same day. A week and a half went by and I emailed the recruiter to verify he received my email. He responded he received everything and he is “sorting out things”. I never heard from Expedia again.

Maybe I got interviewed at a hectic time but my experience with Expedia was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but then again I only got the prescreening questions before the phone interview.

What makes you an effective team member?
        Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Expedia.

The opening interview by the recruitement manager was really cold and without any relevance to the particular role. I felt uncomfortable. But the second interview with the hiring manager was great and very kind.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

There were 2 technical rounds and last HR. Technical rounds were mainly focused on data structures and ability to code.They also asked some basic questions from OS, DBMS. A little discussion of projects.
    Some questions :
    - Longest common subsequence (both recursive and DP solution)
    - fibonacci series (recusive and iterative)
    - searching an element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - finding Kth largest element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - difference between having and where clause

Associate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia.

Firstly, there was an online test then there were 3 rounds of interview where problem solving coding, personality etc was checked. The first 2 rounds were technical and the last round was HR round taken by a group of interviewers. Also some technical questions too were asked in HR round.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were average or mid level. Some HR round questions were difficult   Answer Question

GC3 T2 Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

I had four interviews, each more messed up than the first. First off, the first interviewer was late, and spent more time apologizing than actually asking questions. We went over a bit, but then the next person was also late. Last minute change, but the last two interviews were to be handled by conference call, but the I.T. guy couldn't figure out to get the Avaya system to work, to which he then told me they may call me by phone. Good thing I was being considerate and just turned it completely off. Then the first phone interviewer kind of complained about having to call me three times. He was fine after I explained this was news to me, and that I turned it off so as not to distract me. Overall the third interview went ok, and onto the final interview, also over the phone, and she was very nice. But lo and behold, the HR person barges in while we were speaking, and she wants me to mention to the person I'm speaking with that she is in the room. At that point I figured she was more than just rude, but that they had already made their mind up. But trying to ask a couple of questions, the HR person would just interject "yeah, uh huh, yup". Pretty freaking rude, especially for an HR person.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical, scenario based stuff, what have I worked with, how would you deal with such and such.   Answer Question

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!