Expedia Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.1

Media Producer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

The in-person interview was almost a full day worth of meeting different people. I met with a total of 7 individuals in different positions. The questions seemed to be divvied up so at least you aren't answering the same question 7 times.

My first scheduled interview of the day was supposed to be with an HR person, but they never showed. After the interview, I wrote the HR manager to thank them for the opportunity. After a week or so, I wrote back to hear how the hiring process was going. After one or two more follow-ups, I still never heard back from them with any updates at all.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. A few scenario driven questions, but nothing crazy.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Got an email from HR, and the process (until the final round of interviews) took about 3 weeks. First interview is a screening call from HR, followed by a skype call by a manager, then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Only during the last interview I was informed about requirements of the position that were not listed on the job description posted on Expedia Jobs website

Global Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

It took 3 months to go through the process, 5 interviews and the communication between interviews was poor. All interviews were by phone until I was brought in on the last interview and I skyped with the person I would be reporting to as she was in Geneva.

Interview Questions
    • Asking what you would do to improve the position when you don't know the day to day activities.   View Answer
    Salary, bonus and relocation all comes from different buckets so if one if not as much as you want, try to get more from another bucket.

Market Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

I went through three interviews. First a screen phone call, had about three questions about revenue management like revpar. Second was a Skype interview with the regional director, pretty standard questions. Third interview was in person at their office. The interview was an hour and was only role play involving sales type questions. I was able to answer most of the questions asked but some where hard to answer solely because I've never been in a market associate position. I didn't like how the interview was only role play for an hour, it doesn't give an accurate picture of the position or my skills.

From start to finish the interview process took over a month.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia in October 2014.

Recruiters came to campus. I submitted my resume and they selected me for an interview. It was a 30 minutes face to face interview on campus. It was a very good conversation, and we got to know each other (me and the company). And I was asked what questions do I have.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia.

The process took 2 weeks. The recruiter asked basic data structure and math problems. It was immediately after a career fair at college. Nice recruiter with direct technical questions. Positive experience.

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

The hiring and interview process was unique. It was fast, respectful, and easy. I applied through and online advertisement, and withing a few days was contacted by a recruiter asking for a little more information. I submitted a day later, and was then contacted the next day to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told I would hear back regarding a possible online assessment within a week, but got it a few hours later. Filled it out, it was typical behavioral/personality questions followed by a short skills assessment in basic algebra and vocabulary. A few days later I was contacted again to schedule a day of interviews including two onsite and two conference calls. The recruiter was very helpful in making sure they could schedule a time that worked well for me. All the people I met and talked to were friendly, and we had some great Q&A going back and forth about the job. At the end of the last interview, they let me know it would be about a week to hear back. Two days later I received an offer.

The offer I received was very good, no negotiations necessary.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

This have been one of the longest processes I have ever experienced applying for a job. I had HR recruiter leave me an message advising me that he wanted to speak with me regarding an Market Associate position, I promptly called him back and followed up with an email but did not get a response until two weeks later. After speaking with HR and going over my qualifications I was advised that I was over qualified for that position and that he thought I would be a better fit for the Associate Market Manager position, I was advised me that someone would give me a call to set up the next faze. After, another week I finally received the email with the time and date for the next interview. The tech portion consists of Revpar questions, math questions etc. I spoke with Bonnie and she was very nice, and although she was giving me role play questions, they weren't hard and I could tell Bonnie was a true professional. Two days later I received a email stating that I passed the tech interview and I will be moving to the face to face faze. After giving the recruiter my availability I was told that I would hear back from him by the end of the business day. After a week of not hearing anything I started to call and email him and in the process I had other recruiters with Expedia reach out to me. However, when I advised them that I was working with someone I was advised they could help me and someone will contact me. After three weeks I received a call that the company had restructured and he was no longer my recruiter but the person that would set this up will give me a call within the next week. I finally received a email stating that their was not have anyone available to interview me because of the holiday weekend.. Two weeks later I finally received my face to face interview and honestly it was a pleasure speaking with professionals, at the end of the interview I was advised that I would hear back within the next few days. Seven days later I received an email that I should hear back one way or the other in a week because they had not interviewed everybody because they were behind... As, of today I am still waiting for an response but I am told by the recruiter to have a little more patience. I am still being considered for the position. I have never experienced anything like this in my life.... Seems like a great company to work for but the process shows me that I have more determination that I thought....

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really... What is Revpar? How would you convince a hotel to work with Expedia if their occupancy it at 98%?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

There was a tech question at the career fair, and then an onsite interview which includes three rounds. The first round was a brain teaser interview. The second round was a recursive programming question. The third round was questions on objective programming.

Interview Questions
    • Please design a object class of anything in the real world.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

First round of interview was with HR. General questions about experience, soft skill questions (greatest strength, weakness etc). Next was a skype technical interview: A few technical questions to answer such as the difference between using a hashtable and a dictionary, composition, etc. After the verbal questions was a coding question about compressing a string. After this interview is onsite interview around 6 people a bunch of developers and managers ask questions ranging from technical, agile and soft skill questions. Not chance to breath or take a break, it was intense. Lasted about 5 hours and was quite tough. Not much on data structures and algorithm questions mostly have to have a very strong understanding of JAVA.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about scrum?
      List as many collection types in java?
      whats the difference between a linked list and an array list?
      compare soap vs rest.
      Write a factorial recursive function
      Remove all duplicates from an array?
      Access modifiers for classes and interfaces.
        Answer Question