Expedia

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Candidate needs to submit application by providing update CV. Recruiter will screen the CV and if on paper it fits the job profile, recruiter will connect with candidate for a phone screen. If after phone screen, recruiter finds the candidate suitable, then recruiter will send CV to the hiring manager for the first interview. If candidate seems fit, the candidate will be put through to interview loop with a few more interviewers in order to provide well-round feedback. On completion of the loop, the hiring manager will make hiring decision and recruiter will proceed to offer stage.

Lodging Operations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia.

The hiring process consists of two calls, first one from the recruiter, second one with the supervisors of each team. They explain to you what the job is about in the first call, then in the second one, they let you talk about your previous experiences.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Typical phone screen followed by 5 in person interviews. True to recruiting's word they entire process was pretty quick. They came back with an offer within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Towers of Hanoi. This wasn't hard but it wasn't real world either. I'd expected an actual business domain relevant problem for a senior level position.   Answer Question
    No. I mentioned vacation was short and HR said sorry that's not negotiable.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

About a 3 week wait in between offer and start date. Everyone was kind. Had a recruiting Interview then 2 screening interviews with people in the same position. Then interviewed with the 4 people I'd be working with. Offer within 3 week. Started 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer. I said I was delighted but would like to se a bit more, would the be able to meet me at $2k more, and they agreed :-)

Market Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I was recruited through LinkedIn. I had two interviews with recruiters and 3 interviews with senior management. They call you back really fast, but job description is very vague and you really have no idea what you will be doing until you start the job. Some personality questions and lots of skill questions. They were very accommodating on interview time. I was living in another city at that time so all "in person" interviews were conducted in Skype, with the exception of the last one where the senior manager happened to be in the city.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a top earning hotel whose RMD has been decreasing dramatically year over year?   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate on salary, but I did got a signing bonus. Benefits non negotiable but it's on par with market.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

Interview process took about 1 month, was told that I would get a response in 5-10 business days. It took about 25 business days. Received no feedback or response initiated by them. I made 4 attempts to get a status update before finally getting a response. While the experience leading up to the response was great the after was one of the poorest that I have ever experienced. No follow through with time line commitments that were made during the interview process. Was promised additional feedback, still waiting but at this point not expecting it. They seem to be empty commitments.

Interview Questions
    • Give me and example of a business decision you made?   View Answer

Lodging Support Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in January 2015.

I applied online through a staffing agency. The process was very quick and got called for an interview a week later.
    Normally I get really nervous when it comes to interviews but when I got there the atmosphere and the people were so welcoming that I had no reason not to.
    So the interviewer came out shortly after my arrival with a professional but laid back demeanor. The interview had a total of about 10 rather simple questions and listened to live phone calls.

Web Development Interview

Just did a technical screen by recruiter after 3 days of applying the job. The phone interview was easy. Haven't got chance to do a real interview with Expedia yet.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing for me is to understand recruiter's English speaking through his India accent. No offense, I am just not familiar with foreign accent yet.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

One phone screen followed by on site "loop." I interviewed with a total of 5 people over the course of 4 hours. I met with a senior leader, the hiring manager, and three other developers. The developers focused on technical skills. Including asking me to white board code examples. The managers gave overviews of the group and asked more of the "tell me about a time when" type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were several algorithmic questions in the technical sessions. I do not recall a specific one   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an additional 5%+ to the base salary.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

There were a total of 4 interviews, each one scheduled over the course of 2 weeks. Great turnaround time and constant communication allowed me to know how positive (or not) the interview process was going.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, per say. They wanted to know about the depth of my knowledge when it came to technology, specific software, and various business strategies   Answer Question