Expedia

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

Recruiter Interview

Candidate needs to submit application by providing update CV. Recruiter will screen the CV and if on paper it fits the job profile, recruiter will connect with candidate for a phone screen. If after phone screen, recruiter finds the candidate suitable, then recruiter will send CV to the hiring manager for the first interview. If candidate seems fit, the candidate will be put through to interview loop with a few more interviewers in order to provide well-round feedback. On completion of the loop, the hiring manager will make hiring decision and recruiter will proceed to offer stage.

Database Developer Interview

Applying on a Job fair of campus, then give me a telephone interview which is about 30 minutes.
    The telephone is from 11:00 to 11:25. The interviewer is very nice. The call is on time.
    On the same day, the HR contact me, and plan to have an on-site interview in March.

Interview Questions
    • give an database to select some information using SQL, Java, PL/SQL, reverse a string, Design cycle, override   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Career fair, then I get phone interview. most of my friends get coding questions like 2 sum. For me, I don't know. I did answer the question well. I don't know why I get rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Java concept, abstraction,Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

It was a telephone interview. Started with personal questions, then asked a lot about my previous work experience and especially about my last job, and then I was asked a lot of senario questions (i.e. communication and negotiation with hoteliers/ revenue management). The interview lasted about 20-25 minutes. They also aksed me what salary would be satisfactory for me, and they said that they would get back to me with the result of the interview in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They first asked me about my past work experience, job achievements, skills and then they concentrated on "hypothetical senario" questions (e.g. What would you do if....). They insisted a lot on this kind of questions even though I didn't have previous experience on this position - very stressful - not friendly behaviour.
      Furthermore, I was asked why I am interested to work for the company, what do I know about the company, which are their products - they wanted details.

Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Great - very easy questions, be prepared to sell yourself. I had 3 interviews - make sure to ask questions in the first and second interview that will help you prepare for the third interview

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

Went in for in person 5 face to face interviews. Two of them non technical. Three technical interviews which included on design session. Interview with hiring manager was also technical but he was pretty rude. I am glad I dint get the offer , I wouldn't want to work for him

Lodging Operations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

Process started out smooth and fast, yet evolved into a delayed mess over a period of 2 months. Constant schedule changes and last minute interviewers constantly rescheduled their availability. Communication with recruiter was horrific and often emails and calls were unreturned for many, many days. Went through the entire interview process only to find out the position had already been filled about a few days before, even when HR/Recruiter was STILL CONTINUING the interview process. Total and absolute nonsense and a total waste of time. A few of the interviewers also didn't seem to excited to conduct their interview, with often some of them saying "Well I don't have much to ask you so..." and the interview would consist of questions that don't really let you talk about anything pertinent to the job. Nonsense.

Expedia claims their interview process is quick, but don't pay attention to that. As others have noted here, it can take forever and often you won't get anywhere. And yes, the stories here of people having to chase down their recruiter just for a response or clarification on something is true If you are undergoing the interview process with Expedia, be prepared to WAIT and WAIT.

Overall, horrible experience and a waste of time. Don't count on Expedia being your only hope, continue interviewing with many other companies while interviewing with Expedia.

*Interview process usually consists of an email from recruiter, followed by a phone screen, then about 4 or 5 interviews either in person or over the phone with several different people relating to your position.

Interview Questions
    • Depends where you are in the interview process, but usually they are open-ended and that is assuming the person interviewing you is remotely interested in doing their job properly.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

- It was pretty quick! Very impressed! Got a phone screen by HR followed by phone screen by Hiring Manager in just 2 days. Got Invited for a half-day interview session - all of this within a week! The day after the on site interview, they had an offer ready.
    - I got an offer from another company which suited my career goals better so I declined this offer but I was super impressed with their HR process!

Interview Questions
    • pretty straightforward. They had some hands-on questions too which were lot of fun!   Answer Question

Director of Talent Acquisition Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

I applied for the role online on the 7th November and have heard nothing since...go figure...

Oh wait. I lie. I got an email 3 weeks later from their little automated system they call "Olivia" recommending I apply for the job I already had.

Very poor experience and extremely disappointing.

Software Engineer In Test - II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in February 2015.

01. HR informed me 2 days in advance that a series of 4 telephonic interviews are scheduled over spanning across 2 days.
    02. HRs were friendly through out the process and kept me updated.
    03. After two levels of interview, they informed that they won't be able to proceed with my candidature further.
    04. They shared the feedback of the interview on request. That was helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Contrary to my assumptions, i found the interview pattern simple. Each interview lasted for 1 hour and it consisted 3 questions precisely.
      a. Quick Question about OOPS.
      b. Question related to functional - preparing a exhaustive test case list for a typical Web service architecture.
      c. Coding Question - A typical challenge was thrown associated with arrays, matrix and they expect to arrive with design and coding with in the stimulated time.

Trust me, they expect the fine tuned code with in the first attempt itself. No excuses.
      Interviewers might give some focus points if they think if you are missing something or lacking - try to seek that point and explain about that area. You can't skip that point.
      Preparation around coding challenges around arrays, strings, matrix and linked lists would be helpful.

View Answer