Expedia

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume at school's career fair then get a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked 3 technique questions. The second one was online coding. Then got response the evening.

Interview Questions
    • Asked three questions.
      1. Find the intersection of two array of integers.
      2. shuffle an array
      3. Pros and Cons of multiple inheritance.
        Answer Question

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

I applied on-line and within days, I got an e-mail asking for a phone number to discuss my skills. We set up time and date, but the member of HR team never called back. I lost 90 minutes waiting. I still did not receive e-mail or a call to postpone or cancel the appointment.

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I had a phone interview two weeks ago. I was told I made it to the next round and would receive more information the next day. That was two weeks ago. No reply to two emails sent to the recruiter asking for an update. I'm frustrated.. I really want to work for this company but I am not impressed about the process.

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Expedia.

Initially interviewed for a 6 month contract role which involved working on a large project within the Content Team. Due to the short term nature of the role, the interview was very simple with a discussion about my previous employment and degree followed by a short written test. Interviewer was one of the project managers and was very chatty and easy going. However, I've heard that the interview process is a lot more thorough for permanent roles.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Expedia Inc and the difference between its brands?   Answer Question
    Fixed hourly rate through an agency.

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

Was contacted by an HR recruiter several weeks after applying online. Everything moved very quickly after that point, multiple phone interviews per day over the course of 2 days. I spoke with 4 people total - the recruiter, the manager, and 2 leads. The recruiter was very nice and professional, answered many questions up front which is appreciated when you're going to go through hours of interviews. The manager seemed extremely disinterested for the entire interview, so I was surprised when they contacted me for 2 more interviews, dubbed the "final round" by HR. The 2 leads I spoke with last were very nice, they mostly asked about how I work with teammates and managers. Not many questions about content from anybody, which was strange considering I had a lot of experience with it going in. Overall a positive experience, I would recommend applying online.

Market Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

The process involved 2 Interviews. The first one was a screening interview on the phone with the hr. Very standard questions on your profile and expectiations on the job. The second interview took 3 hours and it was with 3 different managers of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with an international team of people: what was your role and how was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Never was hired and did not go through interview process. I received a call from Expedia after 4 months. Think policy should be to start finding new applicants. I don't even remember what the position was that I applied for. I think it is rude to call someone 4months later asking if they are still interested. To each it's own.

I had already found a job which may have been less pay then Expedia, I had already built a relationship with coworkers and was in the process of promotion anyways. No reason to leave, especially for a company where I am second choice.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

Went through the interview process - started with an initial screening call. 2nd interview was via Skype with a Market Manager from another area. Followed up with a face to face interview with the Area Manager and Market Manager in the location of the opening. All went well, but did not get the job due to over qualification. Process was enjoyable and hope to have another opportunity soon.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your most difficult sales challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Media Producer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

The in-person interview was almost a full day worth of meeting different people. I met with a total of 7 individuals in different positions. The questions seemed to be divvied up so at least you aren't answering the same question 7 times.

My first scheduled interview of the day was supposed to be with an HR person, but they never showed. After the interview, I wrote the HR manager to thank them for the opportunity. After a week or so, I wrote back to hear how the hiring process was going. After one or two more follow-ups, I still never heard back from them with any updates at all.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. A few scenario driven questions, but nothing crazy.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I reached out to to a former colleague who set things in motion. Two weeks later, I heard from the recruiting team and two weeks after that, the interview loop took place. Three days after the interview loop, I got the news that they were interested and three days after that, I got the details on the initial offer. From start to finish, the whole process took a little over a month.

The interviews, for a manager role, were tough but fair, with more emphasis on management questions than than on technical questions. Some very good discussions and interaction with me rather than on rapidly firing questions and silently taking notes. The loop was one of the better loops I've been involved with and I came away impressed with the team.

Interview Questions
    • A question on network performance issues and potential solutions, one of the rare technical questions.   Answer Question

This was a tough decision but another offer on the table was a slightly better fit.