Expedia

Updated 10 Dec 2014

3.1

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Process was standard for the industry. Contacted by recruiter to provide additional information, phone screen with the hiring manager and then brought in for a day to interview with a wide range of folks. Planning by HR was a little off - the interview was pushed back and I wasn't notified, confusion over where the interview would take place etc, though they were very nice and gave me some tips before the actual interview started. Sat in a window-less tiny space while five different folks came and asked essentially the same sets of character questions. Not really any technical type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult technical questions. Walked through a business case of measuring and improving adwords profit, though the job was more on reporting.   Answer Question

Position wasn't a great fit for me and felt the department was a high-stress / low-reward type of environment.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Applied thru the HR, first phone screened by the HR person, then 1 round of technical interview with the team lead, no specific coding questions. After that, I had 2 more rounds of phone interviews of coding using CollabEdit.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia in December 2014.

I applied though their career site. A recruiter contacted me after 2 weeks, and scheduled a phone screen. Initial questions were towards my projects and previous roles. Then he jumped in to a coding question.

Interview Questions
    • Given a string with multiple lines, find and print the most frequent character for each line. If there is a tie in a given line, i.e, if 2 characters occur the most in that line, then print the one that comes first in the alphabetical order.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume at school's career fair then get a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked 3 technique questions. The second one was online coding. Then got response the evening.

Interview Questions
    • Asked three questions.
      1. Find the intersection of two array of integers.
      2. shuffle an array
      3. Pros and Cons of multiple inheritance.

Answer Question

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

I applied on-line and within days, I got an e-mail asking for a phone number to discuss my skills. We set up time and date, but the member of HR team never called back. I lost 90 minutes waiting. I still did not receive e-mail or a call to postpone or cancel the appointment.

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I had a phone interview two weeks ago. I was told I made it to the next round and would receive more information the next day. That was two weeks ago. No reply to two emails sent to the recruiter asking for an update. I'm frustrated.. I really want to work for this company but I am not impressed about the process.

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Expedia.

Initially interviewed for a 6 month contract role which involved working on a large project within the Content Team. Due to the short term nature of the role, the interview was very simple with a discussion about my previous employment and degree followed by a short written test. Interviewer was one of the project managers and was very chatty and easy going. However, I've heard that the interview process is a lot more thorough for permanent roles.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Expedia Inc and the difference between its brands?   Answer Question
    Fixed hourly rate through an agency.

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

Was contacted by an HR recruiter several weeks after applying online. Everything moved very quickly after that point, multiple phone interviews per day over the course of 2 days. I spoke with 4 people total - the recruiter, the manager, and 2 leads. The recruiter was very nice and professional, answered many questions up front which is appreciated when you're going to go through hours of interviews. The manager seemed extremely disinterested for the entire interview, so I was surprised when they contacted me for 2 more interviews, dubbed the "final round" by HR. The 2 leads I spoke with last were very nice, they mostly asked about how I work with teammates and managers. Not many questions about content from anybody, which was strange considering I had a lot of experience with it going in. Overall a positive experience, I would recommend applying online.

Market Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

The process involved 2 Interviews. The first one was a screening interview on the phone with the hr. Very standard questions on your profile and expectiations on the job. The second interview took 3 hours and it was with 3 different managers of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with an international team of people: what was your role and how was the outcome.   Answer Question

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

Went through the interview process - started with an initial screening call. 2nd interview was via Skype with a Market Manager from another area. Followed up with a face to face interview with the Area Manager and Market Manager in the location of the opening. All went well, but did not get the job due to over qualification. Process was enjoyable and hope to have another opportunity soon.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your most difficult sales challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question